So does waiting for your web page to load I'll take 1 or 2 extra steps (if that) compared to staring at your phone waiting for something to load.
    Like I stated above......Web browsing isnt my primary use for my phone. I have pc's at home and at work for that. The sites that I do frequent load just fine. I'm not going to die if it takes 5 seconds longer to load than that of a Droid device. Reliability is my main concern, and in my experiences with smartphones, it doesnt get more reliable than the BB.
    01-11-11 02:14 PM
    I'd guess because the Storm series and the Tour caused the most hatred for RIM. Funny that they think every BB is OS 5.

I know you don't have the Droid, you have the Milestone.

I find it funny, when the G1, Hero and other Android devices were introduced before the Moto Droid, I do not remember anyone on this forum or anywhere else calling those Android devices Droids. Once VZW branded them that way, then it started to happen.

When the G1 / Hero and the like were the primary Android devices with Eclair the talk about Android being so great, and the market penetration wasn't there.
    so few people on the boards were actually talking about the Operating system.

I suspect we really didn't see a heavy Android user presence on these forums until Late 2009, through to mid 2010, though I can't/wont go digging though forum history to justify my assumption.

in the past 6 months, more and more users have moved to Android devices, and in turn have turned almost every large discussion thread into Why Android is better, and thus causing a much greater usage of the words Android, and Droid.
    01-11-11 03:11 PM
    I agree you cant knock a phone thats given to you for free, but your comparing a phone that was designed released 07/08 with the droid which as far as I know came out last year (I may be wrong I'm not an expert on smartphones by any measure). But comparing the 8330 to a droid is like comparing windows 7 to windows ME. Im not saying blackberrys are perfect but I have the torch and before that the 9700, wheeras my girlfriend has the 8330 and I refuse to use it as it does seem old and outdated, and I just cant get used to the trackball. The trackpad on its own makes the newer BB better than the 8330.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The trackpad is great, they should have come up with it years ago.

01-11-11 03:29 PM
    Like I stated above......Web browsing isnt my primary use for my phone. I have pc's at home and at work for that. The sites that I do frequent load just fine. I'm not going to die if it takes 5 seconds longer to load than that of a ANDroid device. Reliability is my main concern, and in my experiences with smartphones, it doesnt get more reliable than the BB.
    What special powers does your BB posses that makes it more reliable than any other device?

From what I can recall every time there was a BIS/BES outage all my 8320, 9700 and 9000 could do was make phone calls.
    alby4ever likes this.
    01-11-11 03:40 PM
    I went from being a lifelong BB user to a Droid Incredible and came running back to a BB Bold 9650.

The droid was fun and came in handy while I sat on the toilet or on my commute to work by train. As for a phone/messaging device, it was 2nd to a BB. Not to mention much more complicated to use. My BB is simple. I hit 1 button and i'm calling someone. To unlock it I just have to unholster it. With the droid, there was always 3 steps I had to take in order to complete 1 simple function. Gets tiresome after a while.

I'm not an app happy person. The basic ones are fine by me. Weather, banking, etc..

I have both a laptop and desktop at home. Not to mention a computer that I sit in front of for 8hrs a day while at work. Therefore there is no need for me to have a phone that acts like a mini pc when i'm surrounded by them everywhere I go. I need a phone to keep in contact with people via email, phone, text, bbm, and for light web browsing/searching. That's it. My BB bold suits me just fine!
    I'm with you, I have a laptop and desktop pc. For what I NEED my phone to do, this Curve 3G is perfect.
    The critical things I use it for are calling, texting, calendar, alarms, getting directions with Google Maps and finding phone numbers with Poynt. It does all of these things wonderfully.

01-11-11 03:43 PM
    I'm with you, I have a laptop and desktop pc. For what I NEED my phone to do, this Curve 3G is perfect.
    The critical things I use it for are calling, texting, calendar, alarms, getting directions with Google Maps and finding phone numbers with Poynt. It does all of these things wonderfully.

This seems to be the new crutch for BB users. I keep seeing this repeated time and time again.You can't carry a laptop everywhere and it's impossible to put a desktop PC in your pocket.

I guess an all in one device doesn't appeal to BB users?
    01-11-11 03:48 PM
    im glad the rest of the world is smarter than that...
    Call it smarter but I call it anal and obcessed over small electric pieces of crap we are all addicted to which is quite sad

01-11-11 03:49 PM
    So in your mind every single Android device is on VZW?
    Hahaha right it must be that since I leave the an out of android, don't be so pathetic and anal, at the end of the day they are all just cell phones...

01-11-11 03:52 PM
    Hahaha right it must be that since I leave the an out of android, don't be so pathetic and anal, at the end of the day they are all just cell phones...

Well you see n00b, misinformation sometimes leads to confusion, I suggest you read a little more and post a whole lot less
    01-11-11 03:54 PM
    Well you see n00b, misinformation sometimes leads to confusion, I suggest you read a little more and post a whole lot less
    Lol noob on a phone forum... Anyways if I get enough people to complain about me calling it a droid instead of an android ill fix it, if not leave it okay I'm sure nobody but you lifeless phone fanatics care about those details

01-11-11 03:57 PM
    Lol noob on a phone forum... Anyways if I get enough people to complain about me calling it a droid instead of an android ill fix it, if not leave it okay I'm sure nobody but you lifeless phone fanatics care about those details

You're right here mingling with us so join the club.
    01-11-11 03:59 PM

Personally, I don't care if you call it "droid" or "android". what I DO care about is rudeness, and we certainly know who in this convo was rude!
    01-11-11 04:03 PM
    I thought a forum for tech support would be cool didn't realize there was proper lingo involved about carriers and that generalizing about other phones was so wrong, to the op sorry for what your thread turned into

01-11-11 04:03 PM
    Personally, I don't care if you call it "droid" or "android". what I DO care about is rudeness, and we certainly know who in this convo was rude!
    No your right I apologize I got ticked after on page one someone had to add a smart remark after my first post

01-11-11 04:05 PM
    I thought a forum for tech support would be cool didn't realize there was proper lingo involved about carriers and that generalizing about other phones was so wrong, to the op sorry for what your thread turned into

MANY threads go astray--don't worry about that or you'll drive yourself crazy.
    01-11-11 04:05 PM
    Wow. That's a lot of aggression you have bottled up there. I'll throw in my 2 cents. The web browsing on my 9700 with OS 6 is very good. I don't see any particular performance difference outside of screen size (which is a big difference but is not based on browser performance) with my 9700 and my girlfriends vibrant. On wifi my phone has often pulled up full pages faster then her phone which surprised us both. My media player is fantastic as well and the speaker volume is high enough to use it without headphones when I am cooking which is nice.
    01-11-11 04:08 PM
    over 2,400 posts and you have to resort to name calling? Any message you try to send gets lost , once I see the inflammatory word "noob". How about you behave better and then perhaps others like myself will actually want to read the rest of your post(s)? You can be rude, or you can contribute to the discussion.
    01-11-11 04:16 PM
    Shut up guys, get back on track. I keep seeing BlackBerry users saying "I have a laptop or Desktop" for such and such tasks that my BlackBerry can't handle. Then why do you have a smart phone? Any dumbphone will do email, calendar and text and directions/POIs. You can even get email alerts on dumb phones and then use that laptop and desktop PC that you're always in front of.

Personally, I use (or try to use in the case of a BlackBerry browser) my phone's browser a lot. I use Bolt which is usable but slow. It will be nice to have a working browser and emails that aren't cut off. I want a "mini computer" in my pocket. That's why I enjoy smart phones. I find myself looking up info when I'm out hiking (trail info, maps) or traveling (restaurant info/hotel reservations) etc.

Originally Posted by mike71857:
    The critical things I use it for are calling, texting, calendar, alarms, getting directions with Google Maps and finding phone numbers with Poynt. It does all of these things wonderfully
    alby4ever likes this.
    01-11-11 04:18 PM
    No your right I apologize I got ticked after on page one someone had to add a smart remark after my first post

Cool. However I wasn't singling you out, as you'll notice from a later post of mine.
    01-11-11 04:19 PM
    Lol. Don't feel so bad. Dave told me to "go away, you're annoying me" once and now we're BFF.

1812dave likes this.
    01-11-11 04:22 PM
    Lol. Don't feel so bad. Dave told me to "go away, you're annoying me" once and now we're BFF.

that's true, I must admit--I was definitely "Mr. Cranky Pants" at that moment and apologized when I realized what I'd done.
    01-11-11 04:26 PM
    over 2,400 posts and you have to resort to name calling? Any message you try to send gets lost , once I see the inflammatory word "noob". How about you behave better and then perhaps others like myself will actually want to read the rest of your post(s)? You can be rude, or you can contribute to the discussion.

Who are you again?
    01-11-11 04:26 PM
    Who are you again?
    Since there's no reasoning with you I'll do the next best thing.

EDIT: problem solved.
    Last edited by dave1812; 01-11-11 at 04:32 PM.
    01-11-11 04:27 PM
    I guess I've found that guy on the forum you just ignore

1812dave likes this.
    01-11-11 04:42 PM
    Since there's no reasoning with you I'll do the next best thing.

EDIT: problem solved.

LOL!

as per our conversation in another thread, I am almost about to break my rule..

chrisy520, YES feature/dumb phones CAN do email but they don't do it as well as a Blackberry

it isn't a crutch that the consumer wants to keep using a phone they are comfortable with,
    How many people use a Manual toothbrush? it has been proven time and again that Electric tooth brushes work better,
    How many people use a Point and shoot camera? DSLR is much better.

it is a preference thing,
    1812dave likes this.
    01-11-11 04:51 PM
81 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD