Dont get me wrong Berry lovers, I do see alot of good things about BB. But, once my Hero broke and I had no other choice but to get a used phone and i got a BB8330 for free, i see a HUGE difference in just about everything the phones do. I don't disagree with my choice i made to get the 8330 but its like have America Online 1.0 with a 56k modem in the 90s compared to the new phones.....RIM needs to get their S**t together........

just my $.02
    01-11-11 06:19 AM
    Well seeing as the BB8330 isn't really a new Blackberry, why dont you try a newer one before moaning that RIM need to get the s**t together!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 06:25 AM
    I would have no problem getting a new bb and trying it. I have still heard from other users that even the newer bb's are not as good compared to the droid. Its just my preference up to this point. I would love to try the torch but again FREE...can't beat that!
    01-11-11 06:28 AM
    I agree you cant knock a phone thats given to you for free, but your comparing a phone that was designed released 07/08 with the droid which as far as I know came out last year (I may be wrong I'm not an expert on smartphones by any measure). But comparing the 8330 to a droid is like comparing windows 7 to windows ME. Im not saying blackberrys are perfect but I have the torch and before that the 9700, wheeras my girlfriend has the 8330 and I refuse to use it as it does seem old and outdated, and I just cant get used to the trackball. The trackpad on its own makes the newer BB better than the 8330.

01-11-11 06:32 AM
    I agree you cant knock a phone thats given to you for free, but your comparing a phone that was designed released 07/08 with the droid which as far as I know came out last year (I may be wrong I'm not an expert on smartphones by any measure). But comparing the 8330 to a droid is like comparing windows 7 to windows ME. Im not saying blackberrys are perfect but I have the torch and before that the 9700, wheeras my girlfriend has the 8330 and I refuse to use it as it does seem old and outdated, and I just cant get used to the trackball. The trackpad on its own makes the newer BB better than the 8330.

----Agreed^
    01-11-11 06:34 AM
    ----Agreed^
    Maybe the thread title should have been "I'd like to try a newer Blackberry"???

01-11-11 06:38 AM
    WOW, comparing the 8330 to a Droid? I wouldn't even try t surf the internet with my 8330. It was just too painfully slow. You said you would like to try out the Torch, might check into RIM's rumored give away. Here is a thread that has some information about it. http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/jus...witter-574693/
    01-11-11 06:48 AM
    Maybe the thread title should have been "I'd like to try a newer Blackberry"???

Yup, better title.

WOW, comparing the 8330 to a Droid? I wouldn't even try t surf the internet with my 8330. It was just too painfully slow. You said you would like to try out the Torch, might check into RIM's rumored give away. Here is a thread that has some information about it. http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/jus...witter-574693/
    Try bolt on it, you'll like the fast page loading.

01-11-11 07:52 AM
    Try bolt on it, you'll like the fast page loading.

Better yet I got a 9650.
    01-11-11 11:00 AM
    Well seeing as the BB8330 isn't really a new Blackberry, why dont you try a newer one before moaning that RIM need to get the s**t together!

It wouldn't make a difference, a top end blackberry can't compete even with lower end super phones on the market.
    01-11-11 11:10 AM
    WOW, comparing the 8330 to a Droid
    I believe the OP has an HTC Hero not a Droid.
    01-11-11 11:14 AM
    If its an android phone I just call it a droid, ik motorola has rights to droid but in my eyes they are all droids

01-11-11 11:23 AM
    If its an android phone I just call it a droid, ik motorola has rights to droid but in my eyes they are all droids

im glad the rest of the world is smarter than that...
    avt123 likes this.
    01-11-11 11:27 AM

So in your mind every single Android device is on VZW?
    01-11-11 11:34 AM
    So in your mind every single Android device is on VZW?
    to a lot of the Anti Blackberry users on this forum, every Blackberry is Running OS5 and is either a Tour or a Storm..

I too refer to the majority of Android Based phones as Droids, blame StarWars for that..

Also there is no "Motorola Droid" here in Canada
    01-11-11 11:45 AM
    Sorry that bothered you. Would saying running Android be better? I was refering to the 8330 (which in his sig means it is on OS4.5) comparing it to an Android OS.
    01-11-11 11:59 AM
    to a lot of the Anti Blackberry users on this forum, every Blackberry is Running OS5 and is either a Tour or a Storm..

I too refer to the majority of Android Based phones as Droids, blame StarWars for that..

Also there is no "Motorola Droid" here in Canada
    I'd guess because the Storm series and the Tour caused the most hatred for RIM. Funny that they think every BB is OS 5.

I know you don't have the Droid, you have the Milestone.

I find it funny, when the G1, Hero and other Android devices were introduced before the Moto Droid, I do not remember anyone on this forum or anywhere else calling those Android devices Droids. Once VZW branded them that way, then it started to happen.
    01-11-11 12:02 PM
    Sorry that bothered you. Would saying running Android be better? I was refering to the 8330 (which in his sig means it is on OS4.5) comparing it to an Android OS.
    Yes, because when you say Droid, people who actually know the terminology think you are talking about the device actually called the Motorola Droid.
    01-11-11 12:03 PM
    I'd guess because the Storm series and the Tour caused the most hatred for RIM. Funny that they think every BB is OS 5.

I know you don't have the Droid, you have the Milestone.

I find it funny, when the G1, Hero and other Android devices were introduced before the Moto Droid, I do not remember anyone on this forum or anywhere else calling those Android devices Droids. Once VZW branded them that way, then it started to happen.
    You speak truth! Enlightening the ignorant is never an easy task.
    Last edited by JD914; 01-11-11 at 12:23 PM.
    01-11-11 12:20 PM
    Right, it's not MOtorola, but Verizon who has the license to use the Droid name. Droid Incredible, Eris, are HTC; Droid X, Droid, Droid 2, Droid Pro, are Motorola. If I'm missing anything, let me know.
    01-11-11 12:30 PM
    I went from being a lifelong BB user to a Droid Incredible and came running back to a BB Bold 9650.

The droid was fun and came in handy while I sat on the toilet or on my commute to work by train. As for a phone/messaging device, it was 2nd to a BB. Not to mention much more complicated to use. My BB is simple. I hit 1 button and i'm calling someone. To unlock it I just have to unholster it. With the droid, there was always 3 steps I had to take in order to complete 1 simple function. Gets tiresome after a while.

I'm not an app happy person. The basic ones are fine by me. Weather, banking, etc..

I have both a laptop and desktop at home. Not to mention a computer that I sit in front of for 8hrs a day while at work. Therefore there is no need for me to have a phone that acts like a mini pc when i'm surrounded by them everywhere I go. I need a phone to keep in contact with people via email, phone, text, bbm, and for light web browsing/searching. That's it. My BB bold suits me just fine!
    01-11-11 12:44 PM
    I went from being a lifelong BB user to a Droid Incredible and came running back to a BB Bold 9650.

The droid was fun and came in handy while I sat on the toilet or on my commute to work by train. As for a phone/messaging device, it was 2nd to a BB. Not to mention much more complicated to use. My BB is simple. I hit 1 button and i'm calling someone. To unlock it I just have to unholster it. With the droid, there was always 3 steps I had to take in order to complete 1 simple function. Gets tiresome after a while.

I'm not an app happy person. The basic ones are fine by me. Weather, banking, etc..

I have both a laptop and desktop at home. Not to mention a computer that I sit in front of for 8hrs a day while at work. Therefore there is no need for me to have a phone that acts like a mini pc when i'm surrounded by them everywhere I go. I need a phone to keep in contact with people via email, phone, text, bbm, and for light web browsing/searching. That's it. My BB bold suits me just fine!

Sorry all, i mean my droid as my Hero....but i agree ^ with you...i think i just took a big downgrade going from a hero to a 8330....maybe if i went to a better bb, i wouldnt be whining so much......me personally i love texting on a bb because i love a full keyboard....but the internet and media is horrible on this compared to the hero and other android devices.
    01-11-11 01:49 PM
    but the internet and media is horrible on this compared to the hero and other android devices.
    The only BB with a "decent" browsing experience is the Torch. No current BB even compares to the iPhone, Android or WP7 when it comes to browsing and media. The PlayBook (tablet) will be the first.
    01-11-11 01:52 PM
    Than its ok to call every Blackberry just a BB. Its even more true because BB stopped innovating years ago. Android and iPhone have left it in the dust. Users are leaving in droves. I abandoned 2 BBs for Android myself and would never go back.
    01-11-11 02:05 PM
    With the droid, there was always 3 steps I had to take in order to complete 1 simple function. Gets tiresome after a while.
    So does waiting for your web page to load I'll take 1 or 2 extra steps (if that) compared to staring at your phone waiting for something to load.
    01-11-11 02:07 PM
81 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD