One problem BB users have is that they get over creative with their phones. We download beta versions, we supercharge our convenience keys and use macros. Frankly, if you want a BlackBerry phone you should get one. If you don't do anything crazy you should have no problems.

Remember, there is always the 30 day return policy. I think you will be happy because I am. I left BlackBerry from a Tour for the HTC Evo 4G and came back for the Torch1. It was good enough to bring me back but with the OS7 devices I can say I love my phone more than any other out there today and I'm glad to be back.

Everything seems more efficient and rational on my BlackBerry in my view. It is just a better phone for me. Don't let perfect be the enemy of great.
    11-09-11 12:32 PM
    Isn't it funny how we all love our phones for different reasons yet some of us love the different phones for the same reasons. While pkcable says his 9930 is the best of both worlds (physical keyboard/touchscreen), I recommend the 9810 for the same reasons...(his keyboard may be better but I have him beat on touchscreen!)

The truth of the matter is that some have had issues with the 9900/30, by and large most people do not. OP, Just give it a try...if the one you pick doesn't work for you, decide it in 30 days and then go for the other one you wanted.
    11-09-11 01:52 PM
    since Android is just an OS, doesn't the actual type of phone (Motorola, HTC, Samsung, etc) and model make a difference in its performance?
    Certain brands of Android phones could have higher defect rates than others (I guess that is what you mean by performance?).

Still, the BB OS7 phone issues, particularly the bricking one, so far as I know have not been narrowed down to hardware or software. So I was kind of lumping the hardware and OS into meaning "the whole phone".
    11-09-11 03:40 PM
    the 9850 is sexy!!!! lol i like the way it looks same size screen as desire and does the blackberry have good battery
    and i know there has to be a couple games?
    11-09-11 03:59 PM
    does anyone know if it plays well with playbook. i want a playbook for christmas and sience it can run android apps
    11-09-11 04:01 PM
    Remember, there is always the 30 day return policy.
    Most carriers now only have a 14 day or less return policy. I know Verizon's is 14 days. Sprint's was about 15 days when I had them a year ago. Not sure about AT&T.
    11-09-11 04:04 PM
    What attracts you to the 9850? I have to admit I have never seen the appeal of a touch screen only BB.
    The appeal is the 3.7" screen. For some, like me, screen size is the first priority. Having it be a BB is the bonus.
    11-09-11 06:44 PM
    does anyone know if it plays well with playbook. i want a playbook for christmas and sience it can run android apps
    It's a great combination. I stream live tv, bridged, on it while using bbm or texting. No issues or delays. I also like using it to play music while I play on the Playbook. Either way it's smooth and solid.
    11-09-11 06:54 PM
    The appeal is the 3.7" screen. For some, like me, screen size is the first priority. Having it be a BB is the bonus.
    If screen size is the first priority, Android is available on phones with ridiculously large screens and the iPhone screen is 3.5 inches.

What I don't understand is "Having it be a BB is the bonus". BBs are decent messaging and phone devices but dropping the physical keyboard removes a large part of that advantage. You are left with a blinking message LED and possibly BES and BBM support (depending on your needs these may be irrelevant). On the negative side of the column you have BIS, outages and very little app support.
    11-09-11 09:16 PM

Well, the developers beta can run some Android apps and there are limitations. Actual finished Android support ready for use by the public is not due until February.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-09-11 09:28 PM
    Why don't you go to a store, ask them to give you a working demo, compare the two phones for a while and see which one you like better.

I'm ditching my Storm 1 finally, BBOS 5.0 is soo bad and I don't like the small screen on the bold. I'll wait for the BBX phones and see what they are like.
    11-09-11 09:49 PM
    If screen size is the first priority, Android is available on phones with ridiculously large screens and the iPhone screen is 3.5 inches.

What I don't understand is "Having it be a BB is the bonus". BBs are decent messaging and phone devices but dropping the physical keyboard removes a large part of that advantage. You are left with a blinking message LED and possibly BES and BBM support (depending on your needs these may be irrelevant). On the negative side of the column you have BIS, outages and very little app support.
    I left the iPhone for Android because it was too closed an enviroment. I left Android for Blackberry because the OS was so unstable I almost threw it against a wall. I tried BB and I like it very much. QNX is the smoothest OS I have ever used. BB 7 with the new hardware is very good. When the BBX phone gets released I will be in line for it.
    11-10-11 04:02 PM
    I left the iPhone for Android because it was too closed an enviroment. I left Android for Blackberry because the OS was so unstable I almost threw it against a wall.
    I'm curious to know how the OS was unstable I'm going to go on a limb and guess it was a lot of Force Closes..which 99% of the time, are due to a bunch of junk apps that have most likely been downloaded.
    11-10-11 05:59 PM
    I'm curious to know how the OS was unstable I'm going to go on a limb and guess it was a lot of Force Closes..which 99% of the time, are due to a bunch of junk apps that have most likely been downloaded.
    Wow first guess, very good. Only problem is I didn't have any apps downloaded to the phone. The only apps that were on it were the ones it came with and they couldn't be deleted. I did figure it out though. It had something to do with the sim software. I could boot the device fine without a sim card but no matter how many different sim cards I tried the result was the same. It's really too bad because without that Android was neat.
    11-10-11 07:21 PM
    learning curve is much too long for android. it never finished. something may break sometime..and the battery anxiety is just too much. been there from nexus one days ( my last one is galaxy s2). now back to 9900 with a nokia N950 on meego to play around.
    11-10-11 07:24 PM
    Most carriers now only have a 14 day or less return policy. I know Verizon's is 14 days. Sprint's was about 15 days when I had them a year ago. Not sure about AT&T.
    AT&T is 30 days

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-11 07:33 PM
    I went to android, phone was great as novelty at first with all the apps and the large 4" display(htc sensation) but when it came to the crunch, battery time and practicality weren't android/htc's strong point, so I came back to blackberry. Love the new os and battery is amazing. I'm a huge bb fan so take into account my opinion is biased.

11-10-11 08:04 PM
    I went to android, phone was great as novelty at first with all the apps and the large 4" display(htc sensation) but when it came to the crunch, battery time and practicality weren't android/htc's strong point, so I came back to blackberry. Love the new os and battery is amazing. I'm a huge bb fan so take into account my opinion is biased.

Hey your a die hard fan, so am I. So are others. Without us, there is no such thing as Crackberry.com :P

11-10-11 08:12 PM
    Get the Torch 9860 Blackberry, you will love it!
    11-11-11 07:00 AM
    learning curve is much too long for android. it never finished. something may break sometime..and the battery anxiety is just too much. been there from nexus one days ( my last one is galaxy s2). now back to 9900 with a nokia N950 on meego to play around.
    Well it's about time you finally came around.

11-11-11 01:30 PM
    I have left Blackberry twice for Android, and came back. I have a Sprint 9930 and haven't had any issues except for slight wearing of the paint on the keys. Otherwise it isn't noticeable unless you really look at it, and the device performs flawlessly!
    11-11-11 01:48 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD