ok i want blackberry again because faster 9850 but with os 7 having issues with phones getting nuked all the time what the world? whats going on?
    11-08-11 06:50 PM
    The "NUKED" phones seem to mainly be 99XX not any of the Torch phones,

that said, what makes you want to move to BlackBerry from your Android?

I'd love to see more BlackBerry users, and don't want to talk you out of it,
    But lets weight your needs, and really I'd wait till they address 99XX issues, and make sure no 98XX devices are getting "nuked"
    11-08-11 06:56 PM
    ive always liked blackberry.i had the 8330 i liked it im acctulay stuck between the htc merge or 9850.
    i wonder how blackberry will be with os 7
    11-08-11 07:07 PM
    There is always a risk in any phone. I had 2 Galaxy S's from Bell when they first came out. Both bricked on me, so I came back to Blackberry. Just have to go with what you like.

From what I hear OS 7 is solid.

Just remember if you want negative comments about any phone you can find them on the internet.

I am slightly biased when I say go Blackberry.
    11-08-11 07:56 PM
    ive always liked blackberry.i had the 8330 i liked it im acctulay stuck between the htc merge or 9850.
    I went from a 8330 to an OS7 device and wow what a difference! I mean it's like they opened up the floodgates and everything works as it should. The 8330 device just did not have the memory to do anything. As an avid BB user on the old curve, now that the spinning hourglass doesn't happen every minute, I'm learning to do alot more at the same time with my BB.

Only now, I wish OS7 multitasked as well as Tablet OS on my PlayBook.
    11-08-11 08:16 PM
    I'm in the same boat. I want a BlacKberry again but I'm not confident in the new devices yet. My Bolt has its shortcomings,, but it has been hassle free. No data loss, no bricking, no outages.
    11-08-11 08:21 PM
    does the blackberry app world have scrabble or bubble buster
    11-08-11 08:26 PM
    half of my games i like are not on bb
    11-08-11 08:31 PM
    Hmm. I don't do games. I have ten or so apps I use daily though. What I've been doing is going online and serching BlackBerry App World to see if the apps I need are available. They that maybe.

Or get a separate device for games. I want a great browser with a big screen and I don't think BB can satisfy that need. So I'll likely get a PB for that. Or laptop only.
    11-08-11 08:40 PM
    I've had a Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800, and currently have the Torch 9810. - don't hesitate to say this is the best phone I've had and is very solid running on the latest OS7 release of .474. Definitely don't be scared of coming back to BlackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    anon(73368) and TgeekB like this.
    11-08-11 08:42 PM
    does the blackberry app world have scrabble or bubble buster
    I just typed in scramble in the appworld search and 7 different versions popped up. also the same for bubble buster 25 different versions popped up.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-08-11 08:45 PM
    "Get a Blackberry!"
    11-08-11 08:47 PM
    I had a 9700 not too long ago. I broke my contract and sold the phone. I've been on a Nokia N8 with prepaid for several months. I miss the physical keyboard and have been browsing CB and the forums. I too might be returning, just the mixed reviews of battery life give me pause.

11-08-11 08:48 PM
    What attracts you to the 9850? I have to admit I have never seen the appeal of a touch screen only BB.
    11-08-11 09:32 PM
    My 9900 has been flawless. No bricking or anything weird.
    If you want a touch screen 9850 should be very nice.
    If it's half as good as the 9900, you will love it
    11-09-11 01:45 AM
    I'm currently using a VZW 9930 and an AT&T Atrix, and I couldn't be happier. I like both.

My 9930 is my workhorse. I've got banking apps there, I like the calendar, the notifications, the profiles. Even on the 9930, which has less battery life than any other BB I've used before, I find that my battery lasts longer than my Atrix. I use it as my go-to device. The keyboard is just sheer bliss. I went to see the 9860 and it just didn't WOW me. Neither did the iP4S when I played with that one, by the way.

The Atrix has many more apps than what I've got on the BB. It has one app on which I rely heavily, which is the DC Circulator app....I recently found it, it's part of the DC Metro Transit app and I absolutely love it. I've also learned to use Task Manager to make my battery last longer and I bought a spare battery. It's highly customisable, numerous themes, BUT it does not have an LED notification system similar to BeBuzz that I'd be willing to use. Both Blink and Lightflow request permission to read your messages....nope, not wanting that. One of the warnings before download clearly states that it reads SMS messages and that malicious applications may read confidential messages, contacts, phone calls. So no, not using it.

So...it depends what you want to do with your device. You mention games. Android has many more than BB.
    If I had to give up one of my two devices, it would be the Atrix. But by the fact that you specifically mention two games, it would appear to me that you are more interested in media and gaming and so an Android device would be a better fit because there are more choices in the Android Market.
    Me? You'd have to pry my BB out of my clenched fist but I'd readily give up my Atrix if I could only have one device.
    ekv likes this.
    11-09-11 05:53 AM
    Don't be scared all you need to do is not download leaked OS's or hybrids. Make sure you are comfortable with loading official OS's if you use loader.exe. Stick with official OS for YOUR carrier only. You'll be fine then. Preferably the safest bet is to stick with the DM upgrades

11-09-11 06:12 AM
    I'm currently using a VZW 9930 and an AT&T Atrix, and I couldn't be happier. I like both.

My 9930 is my workhorse. I've got banking apps there, I like the calendar, the notifications, the profiles. Even on the 9930, which has less battery life than any other BB I've used before, I find that my battery lasts longer than my Atrix. I use it as my go-to device. The keyboard is just sheer bliss. I went to see the 9860 and it just didn't WOW me. Neither did the iP4S when I played with that one, by the way.

The Atrix has many more apps than what I've got on the BB. It has one app on which I rely heavily, which is the DC Circulator app....I recently found it, it's part of the DC Metro Transit app and I absolutely love it. I've also learned to use Task Manager to make my battery last longer and I bought a spare battery. It's highly customisable, numerous themes, BUT it does not have an LED notification system similar to BeBuzz that I'd be willing to use. Both Blink and Lightflow request permission to read your messages....nope, not wanting that. One of the warnings before download clearly states that it reads SMS messages and that malicious applications may read confidential messages, contacts, phone calls. So no, not using it.

So...it depends what you want to do with your device. You mention games. Android has many more than BB.
    If I had to give up one of my two devices, it would be the Atrix. But by the fact that you specifically mention two games, it would appear to me that you are more interested in media and gaming and so an Android device would be a better fit because there are more choices in the Android Market.
    Me? You'd have to pry my BB out of my clenched fist but I'd readily give up my Atrix if I could only have one device.
    one of the best Android vs. BlackBerry posts that I have seen here in quite some time. Fair to both platforms and emphasizing the fact that it is all about personal preference in the end.

@OP. I thought you had already gotten yourself a new Curve 9350. Did I misread your post in another thread or did you send it back?

11-09-11 06:14 AM
    I've had the Bold 9930 for a little over a month now, and I haven't had ANY problems.

I love it. So far its the best Blackberry out right now.

With OS7 web browsing is amazing (similar to iPhone and Android , just smaller screen size) and Youtube videos stream flawlessly.

I get 13hrs + of battery life, even with light Pandora use, Youtube streaming, Twitter, FB, Ebay, BBM Music, Tapatalk, etc running in the background.

The little things like LED alerts, customization, and origination makes Blackberry so awesome!
    Last edited by shemaree09; 11-09-11 at 10:09 AM.
    11-09-11 10:06 AM
    Not to take anything from Android (which I like too), a recent article said that Android phones are seeing some of the highest defect rates. So while there are some troubling issues ocurring with the OS7 devices, I would say you are running that risk with most any device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-09-11 10:11 AM
    Not to take anything from Android (which I like too), a recent article said that Android phones are seeing some of the highest defect rates. So while there are some troubling issues ocurring with the OS7 devices, I would say you are running that risk with most any device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    since Android is just an OS, doesn't the actual type of phone (Motorola, HTC, Samsung, etc) and model make a difference in its performance?
    11-09-11 10:15 AM
    Just switch to BB already. All of the new BB phones are excellent.

Millions of phones are made and some will have problems. Make sure you try all of the buttons and features in the store when you get. If a button is not responding properly try another phone.

I'm running OS6 on my phone but I'm sure OS7 is solid. Make sure you back-up regularly (Desktop & BB Protect)!

Maybe in the coming weeks to Christmas RIM will offer a "buy playbook get free BB phone" deal through carriers (with 3 year plan)
    11-09-11 10:37 AM
    There is a thread in the 9850/9860 forums of several users (myself included) having had their Torches die overnight while charging. I'm on my third device. Issue wasn't the typical bricking where you simply have to reload the OS - my phone would only have the blinking red light, and couldn't reconnect to the JVM during the reload process.

I think it may have just been a bad batch of hardware. My first one lasted several weeks, and the second one lasted about 3 days. I was pretty paranoid every time my screen was off and I saw a red LED.

Other than that, I love the 9850 (well, except for the virtual keyboard which actually has been better on the 440 OS). I have a ton of apps with plenty of app memory free. I really like the feel and look of the device too - buttons included.
    11-09-11 10:38 AM
    since Android is just an OS, doesn't the actual type of phone (Motorola, HTC, Samsung, etc) and model make a difference in its performance?
    Yes, particularly when a manufacturer adds their own stuff to the base OS.
    11-09-11 11:24 AM
    I highly recommend the 9930 also. You get the best of both worlds, a touch screen, AND the world class BB keyboard. Also, there is no reason why you can't keep your Android phone on the side and JUST use it via wifi as sort of a mini tablet. I have done that with 2 Droid1s and a DroidX. As long as you have wifi at home you are good to go, use the Android Market to your hearts content, and enjoy all your favorite android apps.
    11-09-11 11:39 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD