You can do everything on Android that you can on BB10 but most things aren't as efficient.
    I like and use both OSes, but this statement is subjective.

Let's make a list of 10 tasks, and I bet I can complete it as fast or faster on Android.
    11-01-16 04:14 PM
    ^No cheating - has to be using native, out of the box apps installed with the device.

I bet BB10 is more efficient.
    11-01-16 04:15 PM
    ^No cheating - has to be using native, out of the box apps installed with the device.

That seems completely arbitrary.

I say each device should be able to use its own appstore, as they are pre-installed.
    11-01-16 04:27 PM

And this way of thinking is what destroyed blackberry. How efficient can you be with all the missing apps (no cheating and using android apps) on bb10 ?
    eshropshire and DrBoomBotz like this.
    11-01-16 04:43 PM
    North America may have been the only place they were failing. They were growing everywhere else.
    They only started to decline majorly around 2012.
    BB10 bombed them though
    You need to understand why BlackBerry was growing in those markets up until 2012. The same reason they grew in the US in the mid 2000's. Up until Mid 2012 those markets were dominated by 2G networks and data was very expensive. BBOS was great for those markets. Once 3G started rolling out in those markets, BBOS lost its advantage. Microsoft made advances in these markets and Android with very low cost devices. Microsoft has since left most of the low end device market. Android dominates the low end smartphone market.

BBOS started going down quickly in every market as soon as high speed affordable wireless networks were introduced. The key miss on BlackBerry's part was not realizing that carriers would invest billions in building high speed networks.
    11-01-16 04:46 PM
    Pointless Spam Post by OP....and here we are...more than 100 posts into the game.

Let me add something to the discussion: Whatsapp sucks...because of privacy and stuff. Who need more than sms anyhow! Are we power users or teens?!

CB10 on my Classic
    11-01-16 04:49 PM
    Sure, you can also invest in nuclear weapons manufacturers and make money, or in blood diamonds. It's all based on what your priorities and ethics are... selling weapons to kill people or manipulating their thoughts while pretending to give them freebies and knowing that beggars can't be choosers.

I guess that Google are as smart as Trump because they know how to avoid paying taxes in the countries whose screens they display ads on and whose data they collect.
    Wait, are you the guy who said pokemon go was child slavery?
    Ronindan likes this.
    11-01-16 04:53 PM
    Pointless Spam Post by OP....and here we are...more than 100 posts into the game.

Let me add something to the discussion: Whatsapp sucks...because of privacy and stuff. Who need more than sms anyhow! Are we power users or teens?!

CB10 on my Classic
    I'd rather have just metadata floating in the cloud than full messages on Operator's servers for any intern to read them. IM clients are usually more reliable than SMS, cheaper for international talks, have better support for groups and can enrich a conversation with media.

Stop thinking inside the borders of your own country when you are talking about global brands. I see your type of comment very often on CB forums. Do you think those 1 billion whatsapp users are all from the US?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 05:05 PM
    I'd rather have just metadata floating in the cloud than full messages on Operator's servers for any intern to read them. IM clients are usually more reliable than SMS, cheaper for international talks, have better support for groups and can enrich a conversation with media.

Stop thinking inside the borders of your own country when you are talking about global brands. I see your type of comment very often on CB forums. Do you think those 1 billion whatsapp users are all from the US?

Posted via CB10
    Dude...

Try to practice getting irony! Might save you a lot of pointless writing....

CB10 on my Classic
    11-01-16 05:12 PM
    I like and use both OSes, but this statement is subjective.

Let's make a list of 10 tasks, and I bet I can complete it as fast or faster on Android.
    No fair. Your dtek60 is way faster than my Q5 or z10 so it becomes a measure of hardware. I will give you an old Samsung on Android 1.0 and then we can compare.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 05:17 PM
    Dude...

Try to practice getting irony! Might save you a lot of pointless writing....

CB10 on my Classic
    Irony is difficult to pick up in writing. Especially since there are many genuine posters who use SMS as primary IM and don't understand why whatsapp is important for others.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-01-16 05:28 PM
    No fair. Your dtek60 is way faster than my Q5 or z10 so it becomes a measure of hardware. I will give you an old Samsung on Android 1.0 and then we can compare.

Posted via CB10
    Why Cupcake (1.5, as there were no Samsung phones with 1.0 only HTC Dream/G1)? In 2013 current android version was 4.4. There are many 2013 android phones that are as fast or faster than yours z10 and q5.
    11-01-16 05:29 PM
    Irony is difficult to pick up in writing. Especially since there are many genuine posters who use SMS as primary IM and don't understand why whatsapp is important for others.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Must agree....on CB one finds many people asking -again and again- why people use messengers if sms does everything ;-)

CB10 on my Classic
    11-01-16 05:36 PM
    I'm just concerned about the security of an android compared to OS10. I'm still skeptical.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 05:44 PM
    I'm just concerned about the security of an android compared to OS10. I'm still skeptical.

Posted via CB10
    May I ask what particular attack vector you are most concerned about?
    11-01-16 05:50 PM
    �n the process do some other than Google search to find out how much tax Google paid in Britain last year (and how much profit) and do the same for Apple in Australia...all very ethical.
    In other words, Google behaved just like Apple, Microsoft, Chevron, and virtually every other multi-national corporation that has significant operations overseas.

If you have a complaint about how multinationals pay (or don't pay) taxes, your complaint should be directed to your Senators and Congressmen, as they're the ones who created the tax laws that these companies follow (and the same is true for their various foreign subsidies, who are following the law as it is written in the areas where they operate).

I'm assuming you take all of the deductions available to you when you pay your taxes, right? These companies are doing no different - they're using the tax laws to their best advantage. I promise you that BB does exactly the same to the extent that they can - because that's what all multinationals do.

That's BUSINESS. Governments could fix these things easily if they wanted to - but obviously they don't, because these laws and this behavior predate the formation of Apple and Microsoft, much less Google, Facebook, and others who also do what they can (legally) to avoid taxes.
    JeepBB, StephanieMaks and web99 like this.
    11-01-16 06:52 PM
    IMO, base OS vs base OS, BB10 is superior. To be able to NATIVELY run YouTube in the background while doing other things was a dream come true. BB10 is just smooth as silk. Its a real shame it never was able to take off. For the record, i've owned many Android devices since 2011, many of them flagships in their time and i've always felt that Android was always slightly behind BB10 in terms of speed and efficiency. If only BB10 had the support of Android, I wouldn't even be paying attention to Google's offerings.
    11-01-16 06:52 PM
    The key miss on BlackBerry's part was not realizing that carriers would invest billions in building high speed networks.
    It's not that this was "missed" - Mike Lazaridis was often brought in to consult with the carriers, as he was a titan of the early data networks and very knowledgeable of those 2G networks - but Mike tried to convince the carriers not to upgrade - and succeeded in getting one carrier to delay 3G by rolling out a "2.5G" solution (which thankfully didn't last) and later tried to talk Verizon out of going to LTE. Why would he do this? I can't imagine that he didn't understand the advantages the faster networks would bring to consumers - in fact I think he absolutely understood those advantages. Rather, I believe that Mike realized that 3G and certainly 4G would undermine his 2G-based business model of recurring monthly access fees for BIS, which included data compression to help the functionality of 2G networks. Affordable 3G made BIS obsolete (as did the fact that most data being transferred by then was already compressed: pictures and video), and Mike had nothing to offer that could replace those BIS revenues or even compel users and carriers to keep paying for them.

BB made tons of money from those BIS SAF (service access fees) - but I believe that money enabled BB to be sloppy and inefficient and get away with it for too long - because they were making plenty of money anyway. The problem is that their business model created major motivation for carriers and customers to avoid it if they could, and encouraged telecom infrastructure companies and competing smartphone manufacturers to disrupt that model - which is exactly what ultimately happened.
    11-01-16 07:03 PM
    IMO, base OS vs base OS, BB10 is superior.
    This is an absolutely meaningless metric.

Plus, running YouTube in the background is simple for Android too.
    JeepBB and Ronindan like this.
    11-01-16 07:42 PM
    i certainly see it the opposite way on pretty much all accounts. OS10 provides nothing for me that a DTEK60 cant IMO
    Of course ... but it just ain't the same.

BB10 is the nicer operating system.

And good luck betting the farm on your data being secure on Android because John Chen says so. OMG SECRET SAUCE!
    11-01-16 07:57 PM
    I'd like to disagree with that
    In 2010 the teenagers found it cool because of BBM
    It was far from tarnished in 2010
    Infact in December 2012 it saw its peak (in terms of no. Of subscribers - 80 Million!)

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    I can confirm that. I was in grade 11/12 in 2010, and BlackBerry was by far the most popular phone in my high school and many many others. It's exactly like you said, everyone wanted it because of bbm.

That all changed in 2011 when the iPhone 4 was released, that started the downfall of BlackBerry
    11-01-16 09:16 PM
    I've got plenty of moral value personally. Doesn't mean it agrees with yours...
    Owning a smartphone means that we compromise those values just by the conditions they're manufactured in.
    Exactly what I said. Everyone is free to have their moral values.
    11-01-16 10:13 PM
    In other words, Google behaved just like Apple, Microsoft, Chevron, and virtually every other multi-national corporation that has significant operations overseas.

If you have a complaint about how multinationals pay (or don't pay) taxes, your complaint should be directed to your Senators and Congressmen, as they're the ones who created the tax laws that these companies follow (and the same is true for their various foreign subsidies, who are following the law as it is written in the areas where they operate).

I'm assuming you take all of the deductions available to you when you pay your taxes, right? These companies are doing no different - they're using the tax laws to their best advantage. I promise you that BB does exactly the same to the extent that they can - because that's what all multinationals do.

That's BUSINESS. Governments could fix these things easily if they wanted to - but obviously they don't, because these laws and this behavior predate the formation of Apple and Microsoft, much less Google, Facebook, and others who also do what they can (legally) to avoid taxes.
    Sure, as we are witnessing now in the US elections, if Google or others have enough surveillance materials on politicians, they can dictate the law and steer public opinion every which way they desire.
    11-01-16 10:15 PM
    Wait, are you the guy who said pokemon go was child slavery?
    Are you still playing it?
    11-01-16 10:21 PM
    You need to understand why BlackBerry was growing in those markets up until 2012. The same reason they grew in the US in the mid 2000's. Up until Mid 2012 those markets were dominated by 2G networks and data was very expensive. BBOS was great for those markets. Once 3G started rolling out in those markets, BBOS lost its advantage. Microsoft made advances in these markets and Android with very low cost devices. Microsoft has since left most of the low end device market. Android dominates the low end smartphone market.

BBOS started going down quickly in every market as soon as high speed affordable wireless networks were introduced. The key miss on BlackBerry's part was not realizing that carriers would invest billions in building high speed networks.
    This!
    11-01-16 10:28 PM
229 ... 34567 ...