Nothing.... this wait is a result of how hard it is to make changes to an OS... when you don't have a full development team.

BB10 was like a Jenga tower.... you mess with one module, say the phone and then the contacts app starts misbehaving, you fix the contacts app than the HUB won't work right....... BlackBerry had problems when there were hundreds of people working on the OS, and when you had whole teams assigned to handle individual "modules".

10.3.3.... either flunked certification the first time, or they had major issues getting a stable version released for testing. And fixing and resubmitting was very time consuming.

But what makes more sense...... That BlackBerry is shelving BB10, or that they are madly working to improve it... just so eight million or so BB10 users can get a little upgrade on their aging EOL devices?

You wan't something extra... it will probably be the change to the version number to 10.3.4 and the announcement that BB10 is now EOL. I expect the end of hardware, means the end of BB10 development and a end date for support of BB10, and Android powered device by end of the next fiscal year.
    I wonder if there are 8 million BB10 users as of today.
    I could be wrong bu I highly doubt that

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    11-03-16 09:27 AM
    As everyone else,
    i LOVE BB10...but we need to push forward with a better integration, IMO. I think thats the biggest issue as I found BB10 super simple and effecting to work with day to day. If they can bring that experience without major mods and laying it with android...it will even better.

I don't like android much, but there are some smaller items it does that BB couldn't do. We just got to adapt and move forward, hope for the best.
    11-03-16 09:39 AM
    And I want unicorns, anybody agree?
    11-03-16 10:53 AM
    Any thoughts of a BB10 revival is not really rational, even if it is theoretically possible. From a branding/marketing perspective alone it would need a new name and radical repositioning in the marketplace, even assuming a sufficiently large market exists for an alternative to the iOS/Android duopoly.

My sincere hope u is that Android continues to improve to the point where it becomes as easy to use and as well integrated as BB10 has been. I keep fiddling with it, but still can't love it yet. I don't use a lot of apps, and my work flow is still much better on my BB10 phone.

My sincerest wish, as I've often said, is a single VOIP solution using a portable Windows/Mac/Linux device running a full-featured desktop OS, so that I can avoid mobile apps completely, as they all suffer from a lack of interoperability that creates too much fragmentation for real productivity.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 10:53 AM
    Perhaps, but Apple is down from 15% in the first quarter.
    Agreed apple will start to free fall is my prediction. As they really have not released anything new a few minor tweets here and there. Basically a few features to keep up with the Jones's. But nothing innovative. They will still have there die hard who will hand over cash for a repackaged phone with a tackle badge. People are getting tired of forking over $1000 for the same phone as last year.

#luvmybb10os
    11-03-16 11:11 AM
    They needed to have gone Android back in 2012. They needed to have good hardware that was competitive with the iPhone or Samsung in 2012 going forward. All of their devices after the 9900 were not competitive. The market for BB10 devices has long since disappeared. Not even a good Z30 would have helped.
    I don't agree. BlackBerry's biggest mistake was putting it self up for sale drove stock down. Consumers were staying away like the plague. It destroyed BlackBerry. If BlackBerry had stayed the coarse and released upgrade paths for z and Q line there would not have been a mad exodus. Just my 2 cents

#luvmybb10os
    Last edited by silversmith75; 11-03-16 at 04:10 PM.
    11-03-16 11:16 AM
    I don't agree. BlackBerry's biggest is take was putting it self up for sale drove stock down. Consumers were staying away like the plague. It destroyed BlackBerry. If BlackBerry had stayed the coarse and released upgrade paths for z and Q line there would not have been a mad exodus. Just my 2 cents

#luvmybb10os
    Except they put the company up for sale AFTER BB10 proved to be an unmitigated disaster.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt, JeepBB and TgeekB like this.
    11-03-16 11:30 AM
    If BlackBerry had to shut down their handset division and concentrated only on Software, they should have continued with bb10 and then just upgrade the bb10 with bb11, as now they are software. Why Android.??

First they invest money on bb10 to the point it matured enough and then suddenly left and went Android to secure it. And after a year handset business done. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    Why Android?
    • User base
    • Apps and Developer support
    • It's far cheaper than developing you own OS
    • People are willing to buy Android, Practically no one wants BB10
    • He couldn't get iOS, the only other viable platform
    11-03-16 12:21 PM
    Except they put the company up for sale AFTER BB10 proved to be an unmitigated disaster.
    Why Priv : secure device running Android FAILED to be a HIT in Market as it was running ANDROID ??

And

Why Dtek50 the First most secure ANDROID device, also FAILED ??

Did Android saved BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 12:28 PM
    The passport keyboard trackpad has spoiled me. Just today, I caught myself rubbing the keyboard of a desktop and being momentarily puzzled why nothing happened on the desktop monitor....

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    11-03-16 01:05 PM
    Why Priv : secure device running Android FAILED to be a HIT in Market as it was running ANDROID ??

And

Posted via CB10
    No Android didn't save BlackBerry..... Maybe the licensee deal works out (I doubt it), and then can transition all the work they put into a secure version of Android and into HUB+ to make a small profitable mobile software division.

But as others have said... this all went wrong long ago. BB10 had no more shot at being the 3rd platform than WebOS did, it just died a little more quickly and less painfully for it users.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-03-16 01:33 PM
    I definitely won't be going the Android route. Android is spyware and the only way to avoid the Google is not to buy it in the first place.

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    11-03-16 01:37 PM
    Why predominantly?
    11-03-16 01:48 PM
    Why predominantly?
    Who?

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    11-03-16 01:50 PM
    Sure. YOU go convince BlackBerry that they haven't really been losing all that money for the past 3 years on BB10, and maybe they can make you CEO.

Posted via CB10
    It has yet to be proven that going to Android is no more of a waste of money either. So far the sales decline is unchanged. My bet is BB10 has nothing to do with the public's lack of interest in BB.
    11-03-16 01:58 PM
    Why Android?
    • User base
    • Apps and Developer support
    • It's far cheaper than developing you own OS
    • People are willing to buy Android, Practically no one wants BB10
    • He couldn't get iOS, the only other viable platform
    *They cant obtain the Android user base as it is NOT their OS. They are trying to sell handsets and a software package.
    *For apps and dev support sure, but the only way to entice developers is to have a significant user base.

*Of course its cheaper to not have an OS... but at what cost? They now have nearly no control over their devices and are at the whim of Google. Tomorrow Google may make them obsolete by releasing their own hub and security suite.

*People will buy Samsung, Not every Android device is as successful as others. Many Android OEMS struggle MORE than Blackberry did with BB10.

*iOS would have been a much better match than Android but yeah.. totally unrealistic.
    11-03-16 02:05 PM

And

Posted via CB10
    First of all, no devices will save Blackberry. Blackberry will live or die at this point on its software. As for devices, Blackberry Android was the last chance of staying in that line of work at all, because the costs are so much less.

It was never either bb10 or Blackberry Android. It was Blackberry Android or Nothing at All.
    11-03-16 02:06 PM
    Agreed apple will start to free fall is my prediction. As they really have not released anything new a few minor tweets here and there. Basically a few features to keep up with the Jones's. But nothing innovative. They will still have there die hard who will hand over cash for a repackaged phone with a tackle badge. People are getting tired of forking over $1000 for the same phone as last year.

#luvmybb10os
    This is true for the high end Galaxy and Pixel as well.
    11-03-16 03:31 PM
    Who?
    When no quote is given the reply is to the Original Poster.
    Also the little hand indicates the hour and the big hand indicates the minute.
    Bbnivende and JeepBB like this.
    11-03-16 03:34 PM
    Agree completely. Livid BB got into bed with Android. Will keep my BB10 phone as long as it wants me! Any real tech person who spots my BB always says they wish they still had a device - all the morons in the store look at me like they have no idea what the heck is going on. My money (and I'm not stupid) is to stick with the BB10 and see how things progress. People like 'dead' or 'new' - in this case we wait and see. But for me Android and Apple are ill thought out and just don't do what I need them to do so I'm happy to go with what WILL continue. Have patience!
    krazyatom likes this.
    11-03-16 05:51 PM
    Who knows, bb10 may show up someday as the smarts in a ford car, and maybe a bb10 low specs future device may be used to communicate with the car . Just a thought...

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    krazyatom likes this.
    11-03-16 06:25 PM
    "I want BB10 predominantly, not Android"

BlackBerry should honestly start selling phones with both operating systems to give people a choice and please both crowds. For instance, a BlackBerry Passport 2 model with OS 10, and another identical model, but with Android 7.0. I do not like, nor do I buy BlackBerries running Android, but at the same time, I'm aware that some people apparently do.

In before people say that Android can't be used on phones with a certain screen ratio, I'm aware of that. This is only an example. The BlackBerry Z50 would realistically be a better candidate for this scenario.
    11-03-16 07:03 PM
    "I want BB10 predominantly, not Android"

BlackBerry should honestly start selling phones with both operating systems
    BB has already announced the ending of their selling of phones. But even if that hadn't already happened, you need to realize that BB would have had to have retail prices of $2000+ per phone in order to break even on BB10 even at 5M phones per year - which BB has absolutely NO CHANCE of reaching, given they're currently on track to sell about 1.4M phones this year. The cost of developing BB10 was STAGGERING - and was only at break-even (which is still ZERO profit) if they could sell more than 10M BB10 phones per year.

Now you think they can afford to develop Android and BB10 and offer people the choice - most of whom would chose Android due to the app situation anyway? BB would burn through its remaining cash within a year and be bankrupt.
    Elephant_Canyon and JeepBB like this.
    11-03-16 07:35 PM
    Blackberry used kickass with BB10. Now blackberry android is no better than oneplus or blu I wouldn't be surprised if oneplus do better sales than Blackberry.
    11-03-16 07:43 PM
    The thing that amazes me is how, even on Crackberry, Chen has been able to convert so many formerly loyal BB10 lovers to, not only accept, but promote, defend and extol the virtues of Android. What sort of Jedi mind trick is this?
    krazyatom and JeepBB like this.
    11-03-16 08:14 PM
229 ... 678910