There is no benefit in going from BB OS10 to android. Anyone disagree?
    acovey, to boldly go and rt2567 like this.
    10-28-16 03:21 PM
    i certainly see it the opposite way on pretty much all accounts. OS10 provides nothing for me that a DTEK60 cant IMO
    10-28-16 03:23 PM
    I disagree, I get all of the stuff I had on BB10 and then some, but without needing workarounds, patches or wondering if the next update will break things.
    10-28-16 03:24 PM
    I have an odd sense of deja vu occurring...

Like I said in another thread the other day, I like lots of things better about BB10 than Android, but Android also does many things as well as or better than BB10.

If you like BB10, wonderful for you. I'm sure its core functions will be adequately supported for the lifetime of your phone.

But your post lacks info on your experience. Or lack thereof. Tried Android yourself? If not, it's like me telling you I like my buddy better than you. Hardly shocking... because I don't know you!
    10-28-16 03:30 PM
    Sure. YOU go convince BlackBerry that they haven't really been losing all that money for the past 3 years on BB10, and maybe they can make you CEO.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB and Carjackd like this.
    10-28-16 03:32 PM
    Like what,? no swipe, no ringtone from music, no Save to desktop from accessed app. No block in BBM of chat requests from unknown far east (?) Sources? Never had all these problems on OS 10. Blackberry failed big style and I've been BlackBerry for 10 years they've sold out to crappy android big style. Only problem is don't know which ad free system I should go to as I will never pay Apple prices
    acovey and heepman like this.
    10-28-16 03:34 PM
    I have a feeling a lot of complaints vanish once people spend more than five seconds.
    10-28-16 03:39 PM
    Like what,? no swipe, no ringtone from music, no Save to desktop from accessed app. No block in BBM of chat requests from unknown far east (?) Sources? Never had all these problems on OS 10. Blackberry failed big style and I've been BlackBerry for 10 years they've sold out to crappy android big style. Only problem is don't know which ad free system I should go to as I will never pay Apple prices
    Sadly, it's either sink or swim and it takes hard choices.

Some years ago GM realized this. Chev, Olds, Pontiac all had their OWN distinct 350 engine.
    The Pontiac and Olds engines had some advantages over the Chev engine, but at some point GM realized "it's costing us too much money to keep all these brands of 350 engines going" and EVERY GM car with a 350 got a CHEVY 350, because it was the most common (not necessarily best) engine.

So it is with BB.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    10-28-16 03:52 PM
    Having fun spamming the forum today?

Many people (not all) need more from a smartphone than just email.
    Last edited by conite; 10-28-16 at 04:35 PM.
    TgeekB, JeepBB, RobertP1 and 2 others like this.
    10-28-16 03:54 PM
    Yes this is easy. Android is free and BB10 cost BlackBerry at least tens of millions each year to develop, maintain and support. On top of the software development costs, designing and contracting the manufacturing the phones was extremely expensive. Add on the cost of trying to get developers to create apps which was a lot easier than trying to get chip vendors to write drivers.

BlackBerry aleady decided before the switch to Android they had to stop the bleeding in hardware. The choice was not Android or BB10. The choice was spin the dice on Android or get out of the phone business. BlackBerry Android was a hail mary gamble to see if BlackBerry could find an affordable way to stay in the hardware business. Without Android BlackBerry would be out of hardware, now they at least have something to OEM.
    Carjackd likes this.
    10-28-16 04:29 PM
    How long will these kinds of thoughts/ questions go on? What does it prove or accomplish?
    Bbnivende likes this.
    10-28-16 07:02 PM
    Me too. BlackBerry 10 is the best Os.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-16 10:50 PM
    Having fun spamming the forum today?

Many people (not all) need more from a smartphone than just email.
    Why is comment less important then yours? And maybe you have been using your Android so long you no longer know how BB10 works.
    10-29-16 12:22 AM
    I love bb10. There are some many good things about it. Android has a good features but in my opinion bb10 is the better os

#luvmybb10os
    10-29-16 01:02 AM
    Meh. No benefit in defending/justifying a dead OS.
    Unless, of course, your needs for a smartphone are pretty much basic.
    10-29-16 02:08 AM
    Even Choosing Android didn't saved BlackBerry.
    Even Tagging the 'Catchphase' 'Most Secure Android' failed to make an Impact on Corporates, Enterprises, Govt. Sectors.. or else Priv, Dtek50, would been a Hit and gained lot of Money for BlackBerry so they didn't had to shut down the Hardware Division.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-16 03:09 AM
    There definitely are a lot of good things about BB10.
    But overall, it's falling short on a lot of things which will never get improved.
    If BB10 still works for you and does what you need it to, keep using it.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-29-16 03:24 AM
    Why is comment less important then yours? And maybe you have been using your Android so long you no longer know how BB10 works.
    The OPS question/statement makes it unimportant as it is so fundamental that - concerning any working OS - it can not be true.

A statement that there is absolutely 'NO' advantage switching to Android is quite different from saying 'Hey there are many advantages staying with bb10'.

CB10 on my Classic
    10-29-16 04:58 AM
    How long will these kinds of thoughts/ questions go on? What does it prove or accomplish?
    Heh, what it proves to me is that they've started through the "stages of grieving".

He's at somewhere between denial and bargaining, I think.
    10-29-16 04:59 AM
    Even Choosing Android didn't saved BlackBerry.
    Even Tagging the 'Catchphase' 'Most Secure Android' failed to make an Impact on Corporates, Enterprises, Govt. Sectors.. or else Priv, Dtek50, would been a Hit and gained lot of Money for BlackBerry so they didn't had to shut down the Hardware Division.

Posted via CB10
    You do realize that enterprises and govt replace phones on an as-needed basis and not just for sh!ts and giggles right?
    10-29-16 07:39 AM
    Bb10 is awesome even with most dev bailing. I still love it. But the problem is BlackBerry is not actively developing it. And it will soon start to slow. As we have seen with the browser. If they had to continued to develop it and dev saw they were serious and people saw they were serious. Who knows. But then again people won't buy what they don't know exists

#luvmybb10os
    10-29-16 11:26 AM
    I want a couple million dollars to just drop in my lap. Doesn't mean I'm gonna ever get that.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-16 11:41 AM
    I don't mind Android, but I prefer bb10 . I do have a Priv and the thing I like about it the most is the sliding mechanism. (The keyboard is just so so, however).

The big problem I have with Android is that some work places do not allow it, including mine, so it is kind of useless to me.

Via z10

Posted via CB10
    10-29-16 11:57 AM
    Meh. No benefit in defending/justifying a dead OS.
    Unless, of course, your needs for a smartphone are pretty much basic.
    No.
    It's not dead.
    It's far from 'basic,' though the definition you have in mind here might be misunderstood. Love of the BB10 OSS does not need defenders, but it has attackers, right here on a website all about BlackBerry.

If people prefer android and alot of them do, then it's great you can choose a BlackBerry option of android if you want to.

Basic for me means I don't need to worry about hacking, viruses, or spyware, or data-robbing apps that do not even belong to me.

A BlackBerry version of android might negate alot of the typical android problems, but I'll stay with the tried and true BlackBerry 10 (and occasional BB7).

I can 'Basically' do everything I do: browsing, videos, music and talk, downloading, sharing, shopping, writing documents, checking the weather or the Northern Lights forecast or the best new sites, email delivered, basically anything.

Apps may be missing for some people, I agree, but I find the apps I like and have a browser(s) that doesn't need an app to work.
    10-29-16 12:07 PM
    You do realize that enterprises and govt replace phones on an as-needed basis and not just for sh!ts and giggles right?
    Right, BlackBerry has choosed Android for Govt. And Enterprises not for consumer, a replacement for bb10.
    So why did they gone to Android. When they certainly Weren't targeting Consumers ??

BlackBerry has unnecessarily put their feet in two boats, now they don't know which boat would survive them. As Software may be a year or two or maximum three. Chen didn't succeed in turning around the company, but surely succeeded in End of Handset Division.

Posted via CB10
    sorinv likes this.
    10-29-16 12:34 PM
229 123 ...