I have a Q10 now and want a Z10 for use on my days off. I read somewhere that BlackBerry puts a limit on your BlackBerry ID on how many times you can switch devices and/or PINS within a time frame. Is this true? I would love to switch to the Z twice a week and use my Q 5 days a week. Anyone know if this is possible?

Pin:3342A013

Posted by my new Q10 running 10.2.0.1047 via CB10
    08-04-13 06:53 PM
    You can switch the BBID's from one to another (Never heard about having restrictions as I've never really had to do it frequently). You can't however have the same BBID on both devices simultaneously...

Regarding BB10, you should note that switching BBID from the device is not the same as legacyOS devices. There's no option to delete the BBID on BB10 --> you will need to do a security wipe.
    08-04-13 06:57 PM
    You can switch the BBID's from one to another (Never heard about having restrictions as I've never really had to do it frequently). You can't however have the same BBID on both devices simultaneously...

Regarding BB10, you should note that switching BBID from the device is not the same as legacyOS devices. There's no option to delete the BBID on BB10 --> you will need to do a security wipe.
    So as long as I use BlackBerry Link to switch every time, I should be alright then?

08-04-13 07:09 PM
    So as long as I use BlackBerry Link to switch every time, I should be alright then?

Well... once you try to use BB world or activate BBM etc and you're asked for a BBID, it would say that the ID is already in use on another device and ask you if you wish to switch, you click ok. However, on switching from BB10 (in my case from Z10 to Q10) on setting up BBM, it asked me if i would like to switch the ID to the Q10 and I clicked ok... however, it was still associated with BB world. It only brought over my BBM contacts etc.

So, to do what you're thinking of doing, you will need to do a security wipe, which will clear all your data and remove the BBID associated with the device.

see the link: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl
    08-04-13 09:29 PM
    You can't however have the same BBID on both devices simultaneously...
    Just phones I guess.?? I use the same BlackBerry ID on my Z10 and PlayBook with no issues.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    08-04-13 10:02 PM
    Isn't there a limit to how many times u can switch?
    08-04-13 10:03 PM
    Isn't there a limit to how many times u can switch?
    I did search around and it seems you can do 15 (unique) device swaps per product line in one year.
    KB28543-Expectations when using the same BlackBerry ID on multiple devices
    08-04-13 10:27 PM
    Just phones I guess.?? I use the same BlackBerry ID on my Z10 and PlayBook with no issues.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    Oh, I will have to take that back... seems you can have the same BBID on two devices (phones) and a tablet as well! Came across a thread on this. Apparently it would affect BBM as you would only be able to use it on one device as it would switch over contacts etc

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...device-794184/

Strange...I was always under the impression you could only have one BBID on one phone and tablet...
    08-04-13 10:31 PM
    Oh, I will have to take that back... seems you can have the same BBID on two devices (phones) and a tablet as well! Came across a thread on this. Apparently it would affect BBM as you would only be able to use it on one device as it would switch over contacts etc

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...device-794184/

Strange...I was always under the impression you could only have one BBID on one phone and tablet...
    Makes sense. One need not worry about issues with BBM on the PlayBook as we all know. Lol.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    08-04-13 10:44 PM
    Mmm I broke my Z10 and got another one. I am now using my BbID on this one. Same BBM too. However I did swap the SIM Card ( is that's what it's called? The little card thing that is needed for Mobile Network service). Didn't Di anything to my old Z10. No security wipe or anything. Does this count as switching. I am unfortunately clumsy and if I break this Z10 again (God forbid lol) I won't be able to use my BB ID?

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    08-04-13 11:22 PM
    Your worries do not make sense for me. So, there is BlackBerry who wants to sell phones. And there is also "us" (the customers) who want to buy not 1, but 2 or even 3 phones. It is logical that they will work and the only restriction will be added on BBM (you will have BBM on just one phone). But, I can't see why the rest of 2 phones will not work (I mean the BlackBerry services like world) . These are not the same BlackBerry legacy devices where BIS was strongly connected, I'm quite sure a BlackBerry 10 phone is almost fully functional (except world and bbm) without an ID

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 01:37 AM
    So I did it! I went and got a Z10 to add to my collection! *receives applause*

In case you're all wondering, the process is simple to switch devices.

1) plug your 1st phone into BlackBerry Link. Click the little 3 dots at the bottom right. Click switch devices. It will copy the info from your first phone

2)make sure your 2nd device is on AND you signed in with the SAME BlackBerry ID as the first device.

3) plug the 2nd device in to Link. Follow the directions to restore the info you just copied from your first device.

4) once complete, there is no need to Wipe any device if you plan on switching between them frequently. The device you use will work fine, even with BBM and World

5) when the device you want to use is powered on and working, click the BBM app. It will tell you the BlackBerry ID is associated with another device and will ask you if you want to transfer your BBM info to the current device. Click YES

6) use device as needed

7) to switch again, remove sim card, pop it in device you want to use. Start it up. Since you never wiped it, all info is on there. Click BBM again. Will prompt you again. Click yes again. And you're up and running on that device.

8) you are now free to switch as frequently as you want.

Mack Gans likes this.
    08-05-13 03:55 AM
    I have a Q10 now and want a Z10 for use on my days off. I read somewhere that BlackBerry puts a limit on your BlackBerry ID on how many times you can switch devices and/or PINS within a time frame. Is this true? I would love to switch to the Z twice a week and use my Q 5 days a week. Anyone know if this is possible?

Pin:3342A013

If you go back and forth using the same ID on 2 different BlackBerry Devices. Like a Yo Yo It may, stop working. If the company you work.for don't support BES then you can't use BlackBerry Balance and if you want to use one for work and one for home, you should really create a New BlackBerry ID. As if you change phones over and over again it will cause complications.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 06:07 AM
    Why not just make another bbid?

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 06:16 AM
    Why not just make another bbid?

Posted via CB10
    So you don't have to pay twice for the same apps/games?

People having you in BBM twice?

Posted via CB10 with my white Z10
    08-05-13 07:15 AM