I'm planning to buy bold 9900. I own iphone 4s, its nice phone but today I have tried bold 9900 in the shop and I really liked it. the keyboard is awsome. I don't use apps very much on the phone only the rss. I saw that bold can display rss directly to main screen. is this working find? also can I sync gmail contacts and calender with bold?

thanks

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    04-21-12 09:44 AM
    The 9900 is a very nice phone, rss works fine even though i don't use it or the podcasts on my phone, but on my playbook. Gmail contacts and calendar sync awesomely well. The only thing that lets the 9900 down is the very poor battery life, but if you're not running 3G and don't make a lot of calls or bridged to a playbook you should be ok. Battery life can be pretty woeful on days with bad network connectivity especially when the phone is searching and switching between network modes. If you'll be updating to 7.1 and use mobile hotspot which works extremely well by the way, expect even worse battery life!
    04-21-12 10:03 AM
    Actually the 99xx 7.1 has a battery save mode which should hopefully extend your battery life. I am getting great battery life out of mine so I don't use it but apparently it is there.
    04-21-12 10:06 AM
    Actually the 99xx 7.1 has a battery save mode which should hopefully extend your battery life. I am getting great battery life out of mine so I don't use it but apparently it is there.

not to mention hot spot and media server on 7.1

Sent from Tapatalk for Playbook
    04-21-12 10:11 AM
    thanks guys. what you mean with bad battery life? can you use it for two days. usually I switch to 3g only for surfing. that's what I'm doing on my iphone and I get about two days of battery life. this is normal usage not heavy. can I expect this on the bold.

04-21-12 10:20 AM
    If you mostly stay off 3G/4G you will have no problem with battery life. My GUESS is you will get superior battery life to the iPhone if you mostly stay off 3G/4G.
    04-21-12 10:29 AM
    Not really having any issues with my battery life. Then again I have no use on my cell for a bunch of 3rd party apps etc. Most of my stuff is now done on my PB.

I have my cell bridged to my PB 24/7, never an issue with the battery for me. I do have a couple of Gmail accounts synced and find it works with no issues. I sure wish I could answer my cell on screen from my PB.

I travel alot in the states from Canada and also have no issue with the switching between carriers or cell sites. I guess the big secret is to charge it up at night when ya go to bed.

So ya, my 9900 works great. The combination with that and a PB...unbeatable as far as I am concerned.
    04-21-12 10:34 AM
    This feature never made a difference with my phone because i already had everything set to the lowest. Like i said it all depends on your network, if your network is not consistent like my end and the phone is searching for signals many times in a day, you're making a lot of calls and your're bridged, expect to be out by 3 or 4pm, two days forget it! Search this forum its not news that the 9900 has poor battery life, but thats not enough to make me drop it, its an excellent phone!

P.S. I just bought this gold battery from ebay the one by ecell, i get a whole day now and then some
    04-21-12 10:38 AM
    My battery life is excellent on OS .342,
    It increased my battery life greatly. I have 2 email accounts, 1 of which is my work accout that I get 80-100 emails per day, several text, lots of web browsing, bridging to my PlayBook, Facebook and twitter. I easily get a day and a half to 2 days.
    04-21-12 12:11 PM
    Its a great buy not that os 7.1 has finally arrived. Before the new os, the phone used to have the worst battery life ever but now it is extremely improved.

I get 12 hours on my phone (9860)
    With:

100 emails sent/receive
    Bridged to playbook at work
    Surfing the net on blackberry/playbook
    Heavy bbm
    Twitter/Facebook
    Phone calling (1 hour)

So it'll be pretty much same with the 9900.

Hope you like the phone when you buy it!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.342 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    04-21-12 12:53 PM
    I've done some research and many users complain about battery life. some says 30 hours without doing anything. is fixed inos 7.1

04-21-12 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD