So, I've been thinking about this for a while, and I think it's potentially a pretty good idea. Bla1ze should be Editor in Chief of CrackBerry.com!!

No disrespect for Kevin � clearly he's done more for BlackBerry than any single individual outside of BlackBerry (the company) over the years. It's also clear that the last couple of years his work responsibilities and commitments have grown beyond CrackBerry and he doesn't have the same time to commit to CrackBerry that he once did. I won't say his passion for BlackBerry is any less - if you listen to the end of the recent CrackBerry Podcast 116: Loquacious, he does a great job explaining the seeds of his passion for BlackBerry and how they have evolved over the years.

No disrespect for Adam - he's been fired sooo many times by Kevin as the Managing Editor around here that it would be a no-brainer for him to step into the Editor in Chief role if Kevin stepped aside. At the same time, Adam's tech interests have obviously grown too. He loves his smartwatches and connected gadgets and is splitting his time getting that Connectedly site off the ground. That's not OK for the #1 BlackBerry community.

That all being the case, it seems that Bla1ze would be the best guy to take over leading the reigns of CrackBerry on a day to day basis. Everybody loves Bla1ze! He knows his sh!t, he's a respected core part of the #TEAMBLACKBERRY community and he keeps it real. He's paid his dues. He knows what to do. And he can give the CrackBerry community the attention it fully deserves and he won't do anything dumb to tick them all off like Adam and Kevin sometimes seem to do (I know Bla1ze wouldn't have put up that Umi post the other day - apparently Kevin didn't even read it until the next day as he was tied up in meetings... Bla1ze wouldn't have slipped up on that).

Of course, Kevin and Adam could still help out and chime in around here. And we all know Bla1ze will need some help on the editing front, and Kevin is still the champion when it comes to knowing how to put BlackBerry's best foot forward in interviews with the press.

Now the question is, would Kevin allow this to happen? I mean, CrackBerry is his baby and all that.

And since this is actually Kevin writing this post (Hi All!)... we don't have to wait for answer. The answer is YES.

So what do you think? Good idea? GREAT idea? AMAZE BALLS AWESOME IDEA? Toss your thoughts out below, good or bad. Maybe if the trigger gets pulled on this Bla1ze can follow the John Chen route and get introduced as the Interim EiC for a bit, and then drop the Interim title a month later. That would be cool.
    06-15-14 09:44 PM
    Negative.

? Slicing using my ?
    06-15-14 09:46 PM
    Great!

Posted via CB10
    Bla1ze likes this.
    06-15-14 09:47 PM
    Bla1ze likes this.

(Sorry, couldn't help but write in the third person since Kevin did it.)
    06-15-14 09:47 PM
    Be worth a shot. Make it as you said an interim trial period and see how the community takes to it and said how he takes to it. If all goes well could be the shot in the arm cb needs.

Posted via my Darkbeast. Z 30
    Bla1ze likes this.
    06-15-14 09:49 PM
    Bla1ze likes this.

(Sorry, couldn't help but write in the third person since Kevin did it.)
    If kevin does it, that means everyone should do it!

Posted via CB10 via My Q10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-15-14 09:51 PM
    Where are you, I mean Kevin going?

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    06-15-14 09:51 PM
    Sure. Why not?

Welcome... to the world of TOMORROW!
    Bla1ze likes this.
    06-15-14 09:52 PM
    If kevin does it, that means everyone should do it!

Posted via CB10 via My Q10
    Good god I hope not.
    06-15-14 09:53 PM
    Edited by myself, sorry for posting.

Posted on CB10 on my Z30 STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3175
    Last edited by Slff; 06-15-14 at 11:29 PM.
    m1kr0 likes this.
    06-15-14 09:53 PM
    And I should be the next Prime Minister of London. Honestly...
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    06-15-14 09:56 PM
    And I should be the next Prime Minister of London. Honestly...
    Got my vote*

*as soon as the passport office filters through those hundreds of thousands of Visa's waiting to be approved.
    anon(3732391) and jafobabe like this.
    06-15-14 09:57 PM
    You have my vote bla1ze

Posted via CB10
    Bla1ze likes this.
    06-15-14 09:57 PM
    A little backstory on my philosophy I've always had in running CrackBerry over the past seven years....

It's kind of funny, but from day one I've always thought of CrackBerry as a Circus - the CrackBerry Circus of sorts, and myself as the Ring Master.

It's actually a very spot on analogy, if you think about how we've always had the blogs, forums and store. The three ring circus!!!

As Ring Master, I've played the role of the master of ceremonies. And as MC, the job is to introduce and highlight the different acts that take place in each of the rings, and keep the crowd entertained and excited between acts. And sometimes as Ring Master, you have take the spot light for a while when you're between acts. People look to you for that - but it's always clear that the Ring Master is just that... he's not the show. He's not the circus.

And that's why I think changing things up like this could be great. Let's get a new MC into the rings for a bit!!

Plus, you know... Bla1ze ALWAYS is wearing a hat anyways. We'll just have to get him a top hat with a big CB on it.
    06-15-14 09:58 PM

06-15-14 09:59 PM
    +1 for Bla1ze!
    Bla1ze likes this.
    06-15-14 09:59 PM
    Bla1ze for EiC huh?

I mean he's no me.. but I've got a lot going on so I guess that's the next best thing.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 10:00 PM
    A little backstory on my philosophy I've always had in running CrackBerry over the past seven years....

It's kind of funny, but from day one I've always thought of CrackBerry as a Circus - the CrackBerry Circus of sorts, and myself as the Ring Master.

It's actually a very spot on analogy, if you think about how we've always had the blogs, forums and store. The three ring circus!!!

As Ring Master, I've played the role of the master of ceremonies. And as MC, the job is to introduce and highlight the different acts that take place in each of the rings, and keep the crowd entertained and excited between acts. And sometimes as Ring Master, you have take the spot light for a while when you're between acts. People look to you for that - but it's always clear that the Ring Master is just that... he's not the show. He's not the circus.

And that's why I think changing things up like this could be great. Let's get a new MC into the rings for a bit!!

Plus, you know... Bla1ze ALWAYS is wearing a hat anyways. We'll just have to get him a top hat with a big CB on it.
    Very well put, honestly I think he would be great doing this job, do it.

Posted on CB10 on my Z30 STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3175
    06-15-14 10:01 PM
    The timing seems a bit precarious. In times past ideas like this would probably be deliberated over a podcast.
    06-15-14 10:02 PM
    Where are you, I mean Kevin going?

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    I'm going to go write for another BlackBerry blog. Kidding! You set me up for that.

I won't be going anywhere. I've pretty much been running on 4 hours sleep a night for the last 7 years, so maybe I'll up it to 5 hours a night with the change. Beyond CB my plate is insanely full as it is (I wear a lot of hats behind the scenes), so this change up will maybe help keep me stay sane a little bit longer
    06-15-14 10:02 PM
    Lol, well done, he has my vote.

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 on Tapatalk Pro
    06-15-14 10:04 PM
    Great Idea. Go for it.
    06-15-14 10:04 PM
    The timing seems a bit precarious. In times past ideas like this would probably be deliberated over a podcast.
    I don't like that idea, I generally get fired on those.
    06-15-14 10:05 PM
    It's AMAZING that this is your first forum post on CrackBerry, especially given that you've listened to our podcasts?! Normally podcast listeners are fairly regular forum posters.
    drama queen
    noun
    a person who habitually responds to situations in a melodramatic way.

Posted via CB10
376 123 ...