I ordered a Huawei P20 Pro with the beautiful Twighlight coloured back. It was going to be my first non-Blackberry device since I'd had an abortive attempt several years earlier to move to the iPhone.

The phone arrived and I was stunned at the beautiful screen. It was so large compared to my Keyone.

I set the P20 Pro up with all my favorite apps and was all ready to ditch the Keyone, but then something odd happened.

I had to keep hold of the Keyone until the telco switched over the phone numbers as I'd got a new sim with the P20 Pro.

I'm sat in a cafe with both phones in front of me and do you know what I did? I just kept gravitating to the Keyone. Not a bit of gravitating, but basically just choosing to use it to send emails, browse the net, read an ebook, put on some music, etc, etc.

And then it hit me. I LOVE my Blackberry Keyone. It is just so darned useable and way better than this shiny slab that had come in to my life less than 24 hours earlier.

For the rest of the day I did my best to try and love the P20 Pro. It is a great phone, but it is nowhere near as great as the Keyone.

So I've given the P20 Pro to my wife and my trusty old Keyone is back to fight another day.

Seriously, I know everyone is different, but I think there are a lot of people out there who would love the Keyone and Key2 if they'd just give them a try.
    12-03-18 10:42 AM
    I had purchased a key2 a while back but I was disappointed with the keyboard, more specifically the spacebar and the lack of touch sensitivity. I found I had to swipe several times to activate. I ended up selling the KEY2 but I have to admit I did not give it the time I should have due to my annoyance with the keyboard imperfection with touch.

Just yesterday I decided to take advantage of a good deal ($550 CND)and try the KEY2 again. I did the same thing with the Passport and it worked out to. Be a love story so. Currently I am carrying two phones (Oneplus 3T/KEY2) and I plan on giving it more time. I'm still not happy with the touch sensitivity but having hard keys is a trade off. I find myself on the opposite end then you where I am readjusting to the keyboard typing and becoming more familiar with the Blackberry way of doing things.

The saga continues........
    12-03-18 12:33 PM
    I had purchased a key2 a while back but I was disappointed with the keyboard, more specifically the spacebar and the lack of touch sensitivity. I found I had to swipe several times to activate. I ended up selling the KEY2 but I have to admit I did not give it the time I should have due to my annoyance with the keyboard imperfection with touch.

Just yesterday I decided to take advantage of a good deal ($550 CND)and try the KEY2 again. I did the same thing with the Passport and it worked out to. Be a love story so. Currently I am carrying two phones (Oneplus 3T/KEY2) and I plan on giving it more time. I'm still not happy with the touch sensitivity but having hard keys is a trade off. I find myself on the opposite end then you where I am readjusting to the keyboard typing and becoming more familiar with the Blackberry way of doing things.

The saga continues........
    I can’t stand capacitive PKB and yet others love it.
    12-03-18 02:22 PM
    Well I'm not loving it on the KEY2 but when I first experience the way it was meant to be on the Passport it was a game changer. I guess it has to be done right in order to appreciate it

Right now I am using the notes App to to type random sentences of whatever comes into my head so to adjust quicker to the keyboard. I find that my biggest mistake is hitting the spacebar by accident.
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 12-03-18 at 04:41 PM.
    12-03-18 03:30 PM
    I ordered a Huawei P20 Pro with the beautiful Twighlight coloured back. It was going to be my first non-Blackberry device since I'd had an abortive attempt several years earlier to move to the iPhone.

The phone arrived and I was stunned at the beautiful screen. It was so large compared to my Keyone.

I set the P20 Pro up with all my favorite apps and was all ready to ditch the Keyone, but then something odd happened.

I had to keep hold of the Keyone until the telco switched over the phone numbers as I'd got a new sim with the P20 Pro.

I'm sat in a cafe with both phones in front of me and do you know what I did? I just kept gravitating to the Keyone. Not a bit of gravitating, but basically just choosing to use it to send emails, browse the net, read an ebook, put on some music, etc, etc.

And then it hit me. I LOVE my Blackberry Keyone. It is just so darned useable and way better than this shiny slab that had come in to my life less than 24 hours earlier.

For the rest of the day I did my best to try and love the P20 Pro. It is a great phone, but it is nowhere near as great as the Keyone.

So I've given the P20 Pro to my wife and my trusty old Keyone is back to fight another day.

Seriously, I know everyone is different, but I think there are a lot of people out there who would love the Keyone and Key2 if they'd just give them a try.
    I can totally relate to this except I know I would quickly lose interest in the slab BEFORE buying it lol
    12-03-18 05:03 PM
    It's pretty nice for "waking up" KB backlighting in the dark.
    12-05-18 10:43 PM
    When scrolling a web page or document with hyperlinks it is really nice to have a capacitive keyboard to scroll with and not chance activating a embedded link or accidentally clicking on an add that suddenly pops up. It was an amazing feature on the Passport.

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    12-08-18 05:55 PM
    When scrolling a web page or document with hyperlinks it is really nice to have a capacitive keyboard to scroll with and not chance activating a embedded link or accidentally clicking on an add that suddenly pops up. It was an amazing feature on the Passport.

You’ve found my “don’t like change weakspot” and I’ll spend next five years adjusting while you’re adjusting to four row PKB on Key5 or so. LOL
    12-08-18 07:34 PM
    You’ve found my “don’t like change weakspot” and I’ll spend next five years adjusting while you’re adjusting to four row PKB on Key5 or so. LOL
    I think that's a deal! (hand-shake)

Lol

12-09-18 03:51 PM