02-19-12 12:40 AM
76 1234
tools
    Since I posted in this thread.. are you aiming this at me too? I think that's unfair.
    No. I wasn't speaking about everyone.

Not trying to single anyone out.

"The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing."

- Edmond Burke -
    02-17-12 08:46 PM
    (shrug)..i chose to just ignore it..not like i'm gonna change some dimwitted closed minded zoodle by acknowledging his idiocy
    02-17-12 09:40 PM
    Cavemen like me need tools, not toys.
    02-17-12 09:47 PM
    Hey!! I'm the FIRST CaveWoman...
    And with that announcement the stampede of cavemen towards the lone cavewoman began... Unfortunately, she had not learned to use tools and had no door to close and lock.
    02-17-12 09:58 PM
    most people i know arent even using smart phones, though the ones that do are all iphones. eh, i'm always showing up with a different phone, so i'm sure no one will say anything about me packing a blackberry.
    02-18-12 02:58 AM
    My wife is answering a survey for The Economist on the iPad and she just asked me: "do we own a tablet?". I said: " yes, we actually own 2, but if the next question is: "is it an iPad?", please say no".
    02-18-12 03:53 AM
    Well then I'm a very proud caveman too! At least I'm not an iPhone or Android prostitute.
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    02-18-12 04:42 AM
    Gave my old 8900 to my wife for her to try and loved it. Now she cannot stop using bbm and loves the qwerty experience. I also convinced two of her sisters to try bbs and now they also bought two new curves.
    They all have Ipads and Touches, so used to the apple experience, but by far, they are now well into bb fever and its communication capabilities.
    Next, my wife is planning to buy a brand new bb and myself pretty soon.
    It's always nice to hear that they all prefer blackberry as a phone tool rather than other devices...
    02-18-12 07:22 AM
    If BB users are cave people then I am some kind of primate. Although I love my 9900 I long for my Nokia 3650. I have used many versions of Android, it's fun to mess with but I got so irritated with the Motorola Cliq I actually smashed it in the middle of a phone call in a fit of anger. Very cathartic. Never had any interest in apple, except a short ipod phase. I have a PlayBook and eagerly waiting for the update. I primarily use a Chromebook for web surfing though. BlackBerry will get it together, I believe they will jump ahead of the competition and if they market correctly, they will be the ones to beat!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    02-18-12 12:02 PM
    Well then I'm a very proud caveman too! At least I'm not an iPhone or Android prostitute.
    Wtf, seriously?
    02-18-12 12:27 PM
    Same, my family and I all ugraded to BB in september 2011. Before that - had gotten a PlayBook. We are now a proud 5 BB and 3 PB family.

Everyone else I know have no BBs and most either have or are switching to iPhone (girlfriend included )

It seems people with other products seem to haaaaaaate BB and I can't understand why.
    I constantly have to defend my choice...sad really
    VanCity778 likes this.
    02-18-12 12:34 PM
    hey all... I'm a brand new caveman. I went to verizon today and they actually told me i was taking a huge step back into the "stone age" (that's exactly what the verizon guy told me) I went from an iphone to a bold 9930 and love pairing it with my playbook. i have an ipad 2 that i enjoy using but having the bridge gives me amazing freedom. I'm a new caveman but a proud caveman haha.
    Jeovex likes this.
    02-18-12 01:06 PM
    Same, my family and I all ugraded to BB in september 2011. Before that - had gotten a PlayBook. We are now a proud 5 BB and 3 PB family.

Everyone else I know have no BBs and most either have or are switching to iPhone (girlfriend included )

It seems people with other products seem to haaaaaaate BB and I can't understand why.
    I constantly have to defend my choice...sad really

I'm in the same boat with having to defend myself. The verizon guy today when i bought my BB Bold, gave me so much hassle about it because i came from an iphone. Do I wish more people i knew had BB's and playbooks? Absolutely... But for the verizon guy to shove his Android opinions was annoying.

My friends have iphones and androids because they are "cool and popular". I'll be honest, it was why i went with it also. (Plus they really don't push blackberries at the store. Iphone/Android pretty much.) But i don't need to follow the style and trend. I do what works for me...
    Jeovex likes this.
    02-18-12 01:14 PM
    Wtf, seriously?
    Aren't some of the comments totally unbelievable?? Vitriolic trash that says more about the commenter than they realize.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    02-18-12 01:25 PM
    What I dont quite understand with the Android / Apple vs Black Berry is that most of the reviews that I have read say that the BB is a better phone, better keypad and better battery life. Am I missing something here When I bought a mobile communication device these are the key points I was looking for. As far as communications goes the BB has social networking apps, takes photos of things I want to send to my friends has an free perfect BB messenger and email that works flawlessly and integrates my contact list with everything to do with communicating. The BB will also connect to hands free in your car and utilize voice commands. The BB can also have any ring tone or wallpaper, download and play music. The down falls that are attributed to the BB is the lack of apps that can be found on the other platforms 100000 plus of apps to download and play with using massif amounts of data, just what the carriers want people to do, spend more money then they have ever planned just to be like everyone else. Not sure why todays society feels the need to have all the perks and more that are found on laptops and tablets to be put on their phones. I go to bars now, that used to be a place to socialize and everyone is on their smart phones not paying attention to anything else going on around them. I am just not getting why it has become somewhat of a pissing contest of how many apps someones phone can have on it. Lastly I just wish that people would quit asking me if I can play angry birds on my phone because I generally have better things to do with my time.

Am I a Cave Man... if that is what you want to call it, but at least I am not a sheep
    up488 likes this.
    02-18-12 02:08 PM
    When I had my BlackBerry i was respected by all the people rocking a iPhone or feature phone. Now I have a WP7 and people always ask me what it is..
    02-18-12 02:10 PM
    Not sure why todays society feels the need to have all the perks and more that are found on laptops and tablets to be put on their phones.

Am I a Cave Man... if that is what you want to call it, but at least I am not a sheep
    Not sure why people think they need a/c , leather seats, and a nice stereo in their car, but I'm glad that auto manufactures offer those options.
    02-18-12 02:33 PM
    I never understood why people are so concerned with what phone someone else is using, and feel like they must impose their own preferences on them.
    I just don't get it.

I also don't understand fanboyism. I go with whatever device suits me the best, I could care less what company makes it. As a consumer, I'm loyal to myself.

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX 2 using Tapatalk
    02-18-12 03:05 PM
    I never understood why people are so concerned with what phone someone else is using, and feel like they must impose their own preferences on them.
    I just don't get it.

I also don't understand fanboyism. I go with whatever device suits me the best, I could care less what company makes it. As a consumer, I'm loyal to myself.

Stop trying to be an adult.
    bobauckland likes this.
    02-18-12 03:07 PM
    Not sure why people think they need a/c , leather seats, and a nice stereo in their car, but I'm glad that auto manufactures offer those options.
    I think that you missed my point, a BB data plan is generally 500 megs and the Apple/Android data plans are 6 gigs using 12 times the amount of data to do the same thing.
    Not a problem if you stay within your data plan but exceed it and you start paying big money to the carriers. So is it the end users that are asking for all the data using apps or is it the carriers and phone manufactures that are getting people to feel that they need all the apps.

When you buy a car, do you tell the salesman what options you want or do you let the salesman tell you what you need?
    Last edited by IzzyFloyd; 02-18-12 at 03:17 PM.
    02-18-12 03:13 PM
    I think that you missed my point, a BB data plan is generally 500 megs and the Apple/Android data plans are 6 gigs using 12 times the amount of data to do the same thing.
    Not a problem if you stay within your data plan but exceed it and you start paying big money to the carriers.
    Switch to Sprint and you won't have to worry about data issues any more...
    02-18-12 03:52 PM
    I just don't get it.

In all fairness, the only time I ever really experience those things is online or occasionally with those early 20's phone salesmen at kiosks at the mall.
    02-18-12 06:39 PM
    hey all... I'm a brand new caveman. I went to verizon today and they actually told me i was taking a huge step back into the "stone age" (that's exactly what the verizon guy told me) I went from an iphone to a bold 9930 and love pairing it with my playbook. i have an ipad 2 that i enjoy using but having the bridge gives me amazing freedom. I'm a new caveman but a proud caveman haha.
    Very similar experience. I have an Iphone 3gs with Telus and went to look at BB phones at one of the Telus stores. The service person made it clear to me that I should not bother looking at BB since they are completely outdated. Said it in a condescending way. No problem!! 30 minutes later I had a new Bold 9900 from Bell and a cancelled account at Telus. It cost me $200 to cancel but the Bold was free with a 3 year contract. I feel great and love the phone. Thanks Telus.
    02-18-12 08:57 PM
    Not a problem if you stay within your data plan but exceed it and you start paying big money to the carriers. So is it the end users that are asking for all the data using apps or is it the carriers and phone manufactures that are getting people to feel that they need all the apps.

When you buy a car, do you tell the salesman what options you want or do you let the salesman tell you what you need?
    I don't think it's the case with paying big money to carriers for more data. On my plan with t-mobile I pay $30 for 100 minutes, unlimited text, and 5gb of data before throttle. I never get close to that, even with an Android device. I primarily use wifi at home, and when I'm out I'm running errands or having fun with friends. The biggest data suck I have is watching Netflix at the gym, and that maybe accounts for an hour a week when I'm not in a spin class or doing weights.
    02-18-12 09:21 PM
    Dude, I got scoffed at a team meeting. Everyone at work has an Iphone. I honestly like the fact that my texts are coherent and I'm not busy fixing my useless autocorrect.
    BrizzadMan likes this.
    02-18-12 10:53 PM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD