Although my head may be as big and clunky as a caveman, the rest of my body is very 2012. All my friends and family as of today, all of them own iphones. My nephew informed me "Uncle, my daddy said cavemen use a Blackberry". Gee thanks kid-O. My brother-in-law had no problem pretending to be a big shot with his Blackberries for over 4 years.

Am i the only one in this position ? Are you a minority among your friends and family ? Even my anti-social, anti-everything friend has become a complete Apple clone fanboy. I find it very therapeutic talking with all of you. I don't feel so alone when i come here.
    Zirak likes this.
    02-16-12 10:53 PM
    *passes the pterodactyl wings
    cntrydncr223 likes this.
    02-16-12 11:01 PM
    I'm also a caveman !!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 Device
    02-16-12 11:03 PM
    Now that you have your wings, you can soar with the eagles!
    02-16-12 11:04 PM
    and a proud caveman I am!!
    VanCity778 and sashlon like this.
    02-16-12 11:18 PM
    Grunt......ME CAVEMAN TOO!!!......GRUNT......PROUD TO BE!!....
    VanCity778 and Snap51 like this.
    02-16-12 11:23 PM
    This is what I explain to my iphone friends. In addition to the phone itself, I also look at the company. Apple currently supports one of the worlds largest sweatshops in China while sitting on something like $90 billion in cash - with the majority of it overseas to avoild paying U.S. taxes on it. They also killed all philanthropy programs when Steve Jobs came back and have not reinstated them.

Apple is a marketing machine, but as far as ethics go, it's an empty shell. So next time your Apple loving friends call you a caveman, at least you can hold your head up high knowing your supporting a company that's donated $100s of millions to worthy causes and is also audited to insure humane working conditions at it's plants.

So hold your head up high - your're supporting a company with a soul. Unfortunately to many sheeple just blindly follow the herd, having lost the ability to look at the bigger picture.
    02-16-12 11:24 PM
    me cavesman too

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-16-12 11:31 PM
    I tip my hat, from one caveman, to another.
    02-16-12 11:36 PM
    Hey!! I'm the FIRST CaveWoman...
    Last edited by jafobabe; 02-16-12 at 11:39 PM.
    02-16-12 11:36 PM
    Yes I'm the minority too. I'm glad to be in this group too.
    Look what I did today. A buddy of mine was telling me I really need to let blackberrys go. So I asked him if I could barrow his iphone for a sec. I handed him my blackberry and I walked around the corner and called my blackberry from his iphone. When he answered I said "this is what you sound like when you call me" he wanted his phone back and left.
    Don't go away mad. "Just leave me alone"
    02-16-12 11:37 PM
    Yes I'm the minority too. I'm glad to be in this group too.
    Look what I did today. A buddy of mine was telling me I really need to let blackberrys go. So I asked him if I could barrow his iphone for a sec. I handed him my blackberry and I walked around the corner and called my blackberry from his iphone. When he answered I said "this is what you sound like when you call me" he wanted his phone back and left.
    Don't go away mad. "Just leave me alone"
    LOL I did that to my daughter when she was in town, and had just bought a Razr. She said "Oh Mom, you're just mad I don't have the BB anymore".. and I said "At least now, I will still have TWO PB's".... (BUT... shhhhh ...don't tell her... I will be giving the PB to her for her B-Day in June)
    Last edited by jafobabe; 02-16-12 at 11:45 PM.
    02-16-12 11:42 PM
    Your nephew? just tell him you like tools not toys. He'll learn the difference once hes old enough
    02-16-12 11:43 PM
    the caveman invented the wheel, and we still use that. so if im in the past for loving blackberry, then we will just get better with age. i am willing to bet the iclan will go by the wayside like alf, remember him? ......yep!
    02-17-12 12:01 AM
    I'll skip the stupid tools vs toys thing. Because there are ways that one isn't valid, anyway. But here's a thought. If I'm comfortable with who I am, then I don't have to act like the masses, don't have to think like the masses, don't have to look like the masses, don't have to buy like the masses. And may even have fun being different. Most of the iWhatevers or the Androidians can't say that because many don't know what different is.
    02-17-12 12:59 AM
    02-17-12 01:27 AM
    The debate of tool vs toy is actually a good point. I can't ever see myself with an android device or an apple device.
    02-17-12 01:43 AM
    The best is when iPhone people call BlackBerrys outdated. I'm always like "you got the ability to change your background 5 minutes ago, you got the ability to change your text tone 5 minutes before that, and you called in sick to work so you could get the software upgrade so you could COPY AND PASTE. Have fun watching Netflix awkwardly on your phone in public...."
    ets5290 likes this.
    02-17-12 02:20 AM
    So easy ... I'm a caveman !
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H02iwWCrXew[/YT]
    kbz1960 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-17-12 02:20 AM
    my family are all BB users.
    my sisters use to be iPhone...I like to think that they evolved from the iCave
    02-17-12 03:00 AM
    Although my head may be as big and clunky as a caveman, the rest of my body is very 2012. All my friends and family as of today, all of them own iphones. My nephew informed me "Uncle, my daddy said cavemen use a Blackberry". Gee thanks kid-O. My brother-in-law had no problem pretending to be a big shot with his Blackberries for over 4 years.

Am i the only one in this position ? Are you a minority among your friends and family ? Even my anti-social, anti-everything friend has become a complete Apple clone fanboy. I find it very therapeutic talking with all of you. I don't feel so alone when i come here.
    You're merely seeing the product of marketing.

It's like when Apple years ago started their big push with their stupid videos with the fat "boring" looking guy who was a "Windows" user and apparently "cool and hip" guy with purple trousers/pants and weird haircut who was the "modern" Apple user. Before that there was no us versus them. Windows users didn't need telling that Windows sometimes has issues, they would be the first to tell you! There were no "fanbois". Then this marketing push started where Apple were simply unable to market their own product without being negative about Windows and started the snobby bullcrap that exists today. btw. I am an Apple user but hate the church with a passion and love Windows.

Many of my friends, and I mean people I thought would never stray from Apple (and Android) got caught up in it. As did I when I had a couple of Androids and have used enough iPhones. But when the dust settles I have seen others, like me, that get bored of useless apps that you use less and less. The phone ends up being a communication tool and really, nothing is a better tool than BB.

So ... I am a Caveman
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    02-17-12 03:31 AM
    In my school days, I was known as the apple guy. Because i was working at an apple authorised retail store and owned pretty much most of their stuffs. From phone, mp3, to computers. I was the guy my classmates and lecturers looked for when they need technical support or troubleshooting.

But, that didn't stop me from buying the best communication tool I've ever used.

Now, I'm a happy caveman using my blackberry and driving a manual transmission car.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    BearSnout likes this.
    02-17-12 03:52 AM
    i agree with you bearsnout. I like how how samsung is now coming out with comercials that are basically a new spin on the mac vs pc commercials.

Ive been an apple iphone user and the apps are great but its definitely more of a novelty thing than a function thing and it quickly boils down to only a handful of apps that i use on a regularly basis and have been surprised to see are available on both platforms.

Don't I don't think I'm a caveman at all being with BB, cause with how I see things they have a way better platform for the long term. Plus, I've already owned iphones and have moved to BB, so maybe I'm from the future
    02-17-12 04:05 AM

Im the only person in my family and circle of friends that has a BlackBerry and I actually feel like a caveman when everyone Skypes each other and I have to sidle up to someone cos theres no Skype on BlackBerry yet.
    02-17-12 06:08 AM
    This is what I explain to my iphone friends. In addition to the phone itself, I also look at the company. Apple currently supports one of the worlds largest sweatshops in China while sitting on something like $90 billion in cash - with the majority of it overseas to avoild paying U.S. taxes on it. They also killed all philanthropy programs when Steve Jobs came back and have not reinstated them.

Apple is a marketing machine, but as far as ethics go, it's an empty shell. So next time your Apple loving friends call you a caveman, at least you can hold your head up high knowing your supporting a company that's donated $100s of millions to worthy causes and is also audited to insure humane working conditions at it's plants.

So hold your head up high - your're supporting a company with a soul. Unfortunately to many sheeple just blindly follow the herd, having lost the ability to look at the bigger picture.
    This is just silly. Are you seriously proposing that people go out and tell people how awesome their device choice is because the company that makes it has ethics?
    Ethics and a business plan would help.
    Ethics and clueless, not so much.
    The most ethical thing would be to not use a mobile at all, but arrange a complicated system of tin cans and strings around the world. Good luck with that.
    02-17-12 06:10 AM
76 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD