the Bold 9930 came out.

I've been without a BB for the past 5 months since switching to the iPhone. Now, I'm tempted to get back to the Crack(Berry). I love my iP4 and I don't wanna give it up. But I do miss my BB keyboard, messaging and notifications.

Does anybody here use a BB alongside with their iPhone? I might be doing just that. And how do you use the best of both platforms for your daily lives?

I'm about ready to order that lovely Bold, but still not sure about carrying 2 devices all the time.
    08-15-11 12:37 PM
    What do you like most about the iP4?

The thing I liked best when switching was the browser, and how everything just worked without having to wait for a clock thing or some other BS. However, it seems that these issues have been fixed with OS7, and it is really tempting to switch back over... I think I am going to wait until iOS 5 comes out in Sept, and use that on my iP4 a bit before I make my final decision.
    08-15-11 12:46 PM
    Great idea on waiting for iOS 5. I'm eagerly waiting for that myself.

I love the iP4's battery life, screen, camera, iPod and web browser. And overall, the stability of the OS.

I was a BB user for 4.5 years and went through 12 different BlackBerrys during that time. I got tired of the battery pulls, lack of memory & sluggishness.
    08-15-11 12:52 PM
    I will know more tomorrow after I set up and play with my new 9930. I was using a 9650 which I really like, except it was slow and sometmes unpredictable. I used my upgrade about a month or 6 weeks ago to purchase an iphone 4. I wasn't concerned about iOS5 coming out because I know the the software on the iPhone4 will be upgradable and I liked th form factor of the iPhone 4. I don't hate the phone; in fact, there are a lot of things I like about it (the auto correct is amazing since I don't type so well on a touch screen!) I love the BB keyboard, and now that it is larger for my large hands and the phone is faster and obviously better in every way (yeah,
    yeah, I heard about "the canera issue") I had to order the phone off contract. I will try to sell the iphone since it is brand new just because of the additional cost of the 9930, but if I can't, I can see using it on Wifi for games and loading movies and videos on it to have them with me while waiting for appointments,etc. If the 9930 didn't come out right now, I might have gotten used to the iPhone, but I really am a Crackberry girl at heart. I can see using both of them for different reasons, but my Blackberry is my communication phone (my husband says I sound like I'm in a tin can when I'm talking to him on the iPhone. No problem on my BB .) Good luck with your final choice. 2 great phones to use!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-11 06:40 PM
    Hi, I'm in the same boat. I have an iPhone 4 and I like it but I do miss my Blackberry. The main reason I switched was because the browser wasn't good on my Bold 9650 and the iPhone offered more apps. I am waiting for iOS 5 to come out and see what features it offers before making a decision on whether to return to Blackberry. I'd only used a Blackberry for a year before switching to the iPhone but I loved it a lot.
    08-15-11 06:47 PM
    Great idea on waiting for iOS 5. I'm eagerly waiting for that myself.

I love the iP4's battery life, screen, camera, iPod and web browser. And overall, the stability of the OS.

I was a BB user for 4.5 years and went through 12 different BlackBerrys during that time. I got tired of the battery pulls, lack of memory & sluggishness.
    Sounds like you may have a little remorse if you flat out switch, so if you're dying to do the iPhone 4 and Bold 9930 together, I'd say do it. I'm probably going to be doing the same thing in the next few months haha.
    08-15-11 06:47 PM
    I'm getting rid of my i4 and switching to the 9930. My new beautiful bb will be in my hands tomorrow!

08-15-11 07:20 PM
    I use both bb 9900 and iphone 4. I am lucky to be using two of the best smartphones available, one for work (bb 9900 - of course) and one for leisure (iphone 4- of course). Both are great phones. Coming from a Torch 1, bb 9900 is refreshing and the screen is just amazing on par with the excellent iphone 4 in my eyes..both are great, I think I can't live without them.
    08-15-11 07:35 PM
    So I caved in and ordered my Bold today & should be getting it on the 19th. I'll be using the 9930 as my main device & the iP4 mostly for media & web browser. I shall have the best of both worlds (-: Hopefully, I don't relapse & be the CrackBerry Addict I used to be!
    08-17-11 04:14 PM
    You prolly will relapse hahahaha I will never leave blackberry hopefully I get a 9900 bold

08-17-11 08:08 PM
    I thought I was over BlackBerry, until...
    the Bold 9930 came out.
    I had the same thought, I was planning on migrating to Android from my current 9650.
    08-17-11 08:12 PM
    This is perhaps a dumb question, one I may have asked before, but I often see people on the CB boards referring to having, and using, 2 or more phones. My question is how?v when someone says they use their iPhone bor browsing and games and switch to their Bold for long e-mails are they switching sim cards? Paying for two data plans and forwarding one phone to the other? I don't get it! If work is paying for one and you choose to pay for a personal phone I get it (I gave that up years ago, and accepted having everything on one phone-data plan covered by work). Also, when one activates a new BB on BES everything is restored to the new BB and I don't see how you could go back. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious so I'd appreciate a fellow phone fanatic enlightening me! Thanks in advance!

08-18-11 02:39 AM
    Well you CAN use your iphone at home on wifi for just entertainment and it will work similar to an ipod touch. If that is not enough for you then if you're on a gsm network, just change sim cards. Wait, does the iphone even have a removable sim card?

08-18-11 06:08 AM
    So I caved in and ordered my Bold today & should be getting it on the 19th. I'll be using the 9930 as my main device & the iP4 mostly for media & web browser. I shall have the best of both worlds (-: Hopefully, I don't relapse & be the CrackBerry Addict I used to be!
    Congrats! Pick yourself up a Playbook. Works great and hopefully soon it will work like it should. Bridging is a fantastic tool and the 7" form is acceptable to carry as a backup media device to your Bold.
    08-18-11 06:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD