This was in our local paper the other day:

The SouthtownStar :: Guest Columnists

Wow...there are people who want to quit. Shocking! LOL!
    02-05-08 07:16 AM
    Im in the infancy of my crackberry addiction but I feel it getting worse. I txt more now with this phone than all my previous phones combined.
    02-05-08 07:46 AM
    Is it bad that I dont want to give up my addiction?!?!?!
    02-05-08 08:37 AM
    She's not a Crackberry addict. She didn't even have a BB.

I am an addict....so what?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-08 08:46 AM
    As a mother of five, I can see the author's point, but I find it easy to ignore the vibrating call of my email notifier during the evening.

Now, the chime of a new text message is tougher for me to dismiss and deal with tomorrow. Those end up being more fun than a dry old business-y email anyway.

Anne
    02-05-08 08:47 AM
    she is using Treo, that
    s why she could get away from her addiction :>
    02-05-08 12:01 PM
    I use my BB at my kids functions (11 yr old), and he thinks it's cool. He can't wait to get one (get a job). lol
    02-05-08 12:28 PM
    I think that my Crackberry addiction is just in its infancy since I have had it less than a year. I lost my Pearl on a Friday and it was the very next day when I got my replacement device. Holy cow folks, I was not sure I could have survived a full 48 hours without it. hahahahahaha

Seriously though I use my Pearl for both work and personal use. I love the ability of getting my work email and personal email on one device and not being tied down to a computer in order to send or receive it.

I have had to train myself to make sure NOT to use my Pearl when I am having a personal conversation with someone. I think that there are some ettiquette rules that need to apply or I might appear to be rude.
    02-05-08 08:03 PM
    My wife will have to pry my Blackberry from my cold, dead hands.
    02-05-08 08:16 PM
    I'm sorry, but I need my email regardless of my location. 'nuff said.
    02-06-08 12:50 AM
    This was in our local paper the other day:

The SouthtownStar :: Guest Columnists

Wow...there are people who want to quit. Shocking! LOL!
    LOL, and THIS is the joy of having a child who is grown and out of the house--no one to bug me about my "addiction"!
    02-06-08 06:53 AM
    The day I got my blackberry I had it in my shades compartment in my car and it fell down and landed on the gear shifter and cracked the lens I was almost in tears then I had to wait til the next day to find out I was completely screwed then I thought to myself eeeee-bay found the replacement for $1.95 since that day it doesn't leave my lap or car holder

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-08 04:13 AM
    Kids.... can u believe them.... at least they were at the recital...
    02-07-08 05:47 PM
    I suppose for a story to be truly funny it needs to have an element of truth...and that story Cracked me up!
    02-07-08 08:00 PM
    You know I have it bad when I'd rather send/receive email and communicate then talk on the phone.
    02-07-08 09:19 PM
    Yeah, right. Solachica was right. She didn't even have a BB. She refers to her "Crackberry" and then says it was actually a Treo. She feels a ping of envy when she receives an email that says "sent from my Blackberry" at the bottom. She never even had one!
    Maybe I'm too cynical, but it doesn't sound like she really had a problem, but she's given up her smartphone and wants to sound superior. Good for her, I guess.

I'll keep the BB. I have a life, and my BB is part of it. Doesn't make me less of a parent, or less of a person. And geez, I never feel like I have to sneak to use it. If I want to use my BB, I just do. What's someone's home like if they have to sneak to use something?

Oh well, it was kind of funny, in a sad way. Her Crackberry envy was pretty obvious

D
    02-08-08 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD