Seriously?

So I come online today and I find a thread saying that RIM needs to get moving with leaks. This has been a theme lately as I have seen a couple of those in fact. The thought being that if they leak something now, people will be ready to hold off buying x-Device now and wait for the BB10 device to be launched early next year.

I admit there is a bit of merit in that and its definitely a plus for people curious about the platform. What it does not do however is provide someone that has that itch to buy a phone now, or use their upgrade, again right now, something solid to buy. Its a tease. RIM doesn't need to tease their products they need to be focused on launching a solid product.

They don't need to be giving away everything that they are doing, they need to be focused on doing it. Let them continue their game plan people! I know we have a world of instant gratification and panic when something isn't where/when we WANT it to be, but business does not work like that.

What really stood out to me was the most recent post argued that if BlackBerry didn't do something now there would not be a market for them come time they are ready to launch the new phone?!?! I would just like to know where people come up with this stuff?

There will always be a market for phones, well at least over the next five years. Many still have feature phones, there are millions of older style smartphones out there, a lot of people I know tend to buy phones every year and if the new phone offers something new they will jump on it cause they feel it will make their lives easier, and plenty of people just looking for the next big thing(and these guys are looking to spend money to have it).

So fans of RIM, I say do not panic. Do not demand a leak, and definitely don't chastise RIM for finally doing something right(creating a plan, sticking to it and not showing their hands too early), there will always be potential buyers. Oh and quit with the doom and gloom! It doesn't change anything.
    bb624 likes this.
    09-21-12 03:41 PM
    I agree. The leaks and early announcements did not help the Playbook at all.

If a company that has a history of missed launch dates and bungled releases like RIM, the best thing that company could do would be announcing a day for availability and launching a solid product.

RIM has lost the goodwill of most non-fanboy consumers with repeated delays and sub-par product releases and the only way that they can repair their reputation is to do the opposite of what they have been doing.
    09-21-12 04:33 PM
    I reject your reality and substitute my own. More leaks! :P
    Though my contract won't be up until about a month after BB10 is out so they'd have a hard time losing my potential purchase so soon.
    09-21-12 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD