I have read countless threads in this forum where people are asking the Crackberry Community which Blackberry they should purchase. Folks, this is a personal preference. Now don't get me wrong, I understand wanting to make an informed decision, but all the research needed is in the Blackberry 101 Section, also thru the specific carrier store or for Gods sake go to www.blackberry.com.

I am almost convinced that 90 percent of these threads are just a cry for attention. If there are specific questions that for some reason you can't find an answer to, then by all means ask away. But the "What should I buy?" Threads are just getting old.

I don't want to offend anyone but I'm sure I'm not the only one that sighs when I see these posts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 02:25 AM
    Many threads are like that. People just want to post something. They may feel a little daunted by the incredible technical expertise on diplay here or they may feel a mite lost amongst the 800 000 members here.

Most thread have a message though. Usually if someone asks a question, they have a need for some kind of an answer. Often this need is masked by poor wording.

At first glance, most Blackberrys seem to behave alike and it is only when you dig a little that you find that the Bold does 3G whilst the similar looking (to a neophyte) 8900 does not. It is things like that which prompt what apear to be silly questions to us, who know.

Everybody who asks reasonable questions about BlackBerrys is welcome here in Crackberry. All are also entitled to an informed and courteous answer.

However, sometimes, I too, skip some of these posts, some days .
    03-14-09 07:49 AM
    I think they should buy a Bold, lol.
    03-14-09 07:50 AM
    I almost 90 percent convinced that this thread is a cry for attention. Also football is 80 percent mental and 40 percent physical. Get a Storm lol
    03-14-09 07:59 AM
    Nah, get an 8900.
    03-14-09 08:13 AM
    To someone who is a experienced bb user some questions are basic and silly. For those that visit CB on a daily or hourly basis would know where to go or how to find out a answer.

I'm sure these posters are not experienced with a BB or CB and deserve a valid answer to a valid question

We all had a bb for the 1st time and they do not deserve to have their questions labeled as a "cry for attention"

03-14-09 08:22 AM
    Perhaps we should set up a 'compare' section. I know there's the review area, but I mean an area STRICTLY for questions regarding x versus y. I mean that way those who are tired of them do not have to see them, and only those willing to see countless repeats will be going there.

Also if they're all in the same section then perhaps the newer users will be more able to use the search feature effectively (when you search '8900' under 'blackberry discussions' you get A LOT of hits, not just comparisons, versus if they had their own folder then it would work far better)
    03-14-09 09:22 AM
    Nah, get an 8900.
    The 8900 rocks, i'm waiting for verizon to release the CDMA version...
    03-14-09 09:23 AM
    I almost 90 percent convinced that this thread is a cry for attention. Also football is 80 percent mental and 40 percent physical. Get a Storm lol
    LOL my thoughts exactly

03-14-09 09:31 AM
    I don't mind so much the "which should I get" threads. I just think the "convince me to get one" threads are stupid. Or "convince me not go to back to the iphone" threads.

Last edited by P.O.E.1983; 03-14-09 at 12:09 PM.
    03-14-09 12:03 PM
    alot of the threads i see now are the redundant. if people used the search function then i think it would raise the level of discussion on this forum quite a bit. or atleast post all the "newbie" questions in the new user forum down a ways.
    03-14-09 12:08 PM
    Many threads are like that. People just want to post something. They may feel a little daunted by the incredible technical expertise on diplay here or they may feel a mite lost amongst the 800 000 members here.

Most thread have a message though. Usually if someone asks a question, they have a need for some kind of an answer. Often this need is masked by poor wording.

At first glance, most Blackberrys seem to behave alike and it is only when you dig a little that you find that the Bold does 3G whilst the similar looking (to a neophyte) 8900 does not. It is things like that which prompt what apear to be silly questions to us, who know.

Everybody who asks reasonable questions about BlackBerrys is welcome here in Crackberry. All are also entitled to an informed and courteous answer.

However, sometimes, I too, skip some of these posts, some days .

Well said Pete6...
    03-14-09 12:11 PM
    To someone who is a experienced bb user some questions are basic and silly. For those that visit CB on a daily or hourly basis would know where to go or how to find out a answer.

I'm sure these posters are not experienced with a BB or CB and deserve a valid answer to a valid question

We all had a bb for the 1st time and they do not deserve to have their questions labeled as a "cry for attention"

I don't mind so much the "which should I get" threads. I just think the "convince me to get one" threads are stupid. Or "convince me not go to back to the iphone" threads.

I totally agree with both above posts.
    03-14-09 12:11 PM
    alot of the threads i see now are the redundant. if people used the search function then i think it would raise the level of discussion on this forum quite a bit. or atleast post all the "newbie" questions in the new user forum down a ways.
    You are right about using Search and we go round this loop regularly. It recently got so that almost the de facto response to many questions was "Do a Search, dweebo."

The things here is that many members do not fully understand how to do a search, let alone and Advanced Search. The use of wild cards "*" is poorly understood and less used but yields more results when applied to the end of a word so as to include plurals for example.

Regretabbly the reverse is also true. A new member may, indeed seasrch but gets so many results that they become confused.

I get just as frusatrated as all of you, I am sure but Noobz is Noobz and there are more all the time as more and more people jump onto the Blackberry freight train and that has to be a good thing now does it not?
    03-14-09 12:15 PM
    Speedv, I completely agree with you on a comparison section for the different models.

03-14-09 12:23 PM
    Agreed. I just pass them over as well. If you want a completely subjective opinion from people you don't know, then that's what you'll get. But don't expect to get pure, objective opinion. Is that an oxymoron? Objective opinion? I think it is.

03-14-09 01:35 PM
    The comparison section is a good idea because newbies can easily find the pros and cons of each BB, seeing as a lot of people might not understand all the technical doo-dah on CB. I just used google as a friend for choosing my first BB, I never looked back even though I want to upgrade to an 8900.
    03-14-09 02:25 PM
    I def agree that a comparison section would be nice to have for people that need help. It depends on the day on whether or not i answer to threads involved with people asking which device to get. It all depends on personal preferance and should be decided by the user. I always tell people to go down to your local provider and give said devices a test drive and see how you feel about it. Just because one person likes a device doesnt mean another def will. But i do always try and share my opinion with members in need.
    03-14-09 02:38 PM
    People just want to post something. They may feel a little daunted by the incredible technical expertise on diplay here or they may feel a mite lost amongst the 800 000 members here.

I am in full agreement with Pete.

The beauty of a forum, it is interactive. Once you have signed up with posting privileges, you are part of the conversation.

Often, the incentive to become a member is to resolve a problem. This is where interactive media shines.

Our members have joined in the spirit of friendly cooperation in support of our goal, making CrackBerry the premier BlackBerry support site.

03-14-09 02:49 PM

I am not a fan of those kind of threads as well.
    03-14-09 02:50 PM
    Oh, get a BluBerry.
    03-14-09 02:51 PM
    I used to assist with general info but now if I reply its play with them, compare them on bb.com and once you start toying with them you will know etc etc. So many lately though I just bypass them altogether if someone has already posted something similar.....
    03-14-09 03:38 PM
    Perhaps threads for "what phone should I get" should not count towards your post count
    03-14-09 06:17 PM
    I am in full agreement with Pete.

The beauty of a forum, it is interactive. Once you have signed up with posting privileges, you are part of the conversation.

Often, the incentive to become a member is to resolve a problem. This is where interactive media shines.

Our members have joined in the spirit of friendly cooperation in support of our goal, making CrackBerry the premier BlackBerry support site.

Very well said Reed.
    03-14-09 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD