I think its sad that people are never content. All the time I see posts like "I don't know how much longer I can wait for the ____ phone" then there's the people who have a perfectly good working phones and then the white model comes out and they want that now. Its pathetic how greedy some people can be. Especially if its just a new colour or just want that new blackberry. Its horrible for the environment and its just too excessive! However, I'm not blaming just these people. A lot of the blame goes to the companies who design phones to be outdated in like six months. Then there's people who need to update to suit their needs such as business etc. But I mean its ridiculous how people just get new blackberries just cause'. /rant. Just my opinion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-10 09:34 PM
    A lot of the blame goes to the companies who design phones to be outdated in like six months.
    Thats blackberry for you.

I would have to agree to the people who get new phones for status reasons is purely stupid. The only reason I am considering a different phone is cause BB just doesn"t cut it for me.
    04-26-10 09:44 PM
    That's true. Some people need more and that's acceptable. Then there's the people who just want it because it's "new". Smh

04-26-10 09:51 PM
    I think its sad that people are never content. All the time I see posts like "I don't know how much longer I can wait for the ____ phone" then there's the people who have a perfectly good working phones and then the white model comes out and they want that now. Its pathetic how greedy some people can be. Especially if its just a new colour or just want that new blackberry. Its horrible for the environment and its just too excessive! However, I'm not blaming just these people. A lot of the blame goes to the companies who design phones to be outdated in like six months. Then there's people who need to update to suit their needs such as business etc. But I mean its ridiculous how people just get new blackberries just cause'. /rant. Just my opinion

It's just like the people that get the latest and newest BB every time it comes out. Uses it for 2 months until the next one comes out. Or the people with 2-3 phones. Makes as much sense as a three dollar bill.
    04-26-10 09:51 PM
    However, I'm not blaming just these people. A lot of the blame goes to the companies who design phones to be outdated in like six months.
    If you're talking about people buying out of want and not need, then you should be blaming "these people." It's the human condition.

Companies don't design things to become outdated. They design the best product they can with the restraints they have, then start working on newer better products to stay competitive. If you don't like innovation I have a rotary phone to sell you.
    04-26-10 09:58 PM
    It's just like any other electronic. Technology is growing rapidly fast, too fast for any of us to have the latest and greatest because months after you get that something else even better comes out. It sucks but there isn't anything you or anybody can do about it.
    04-26-10 09:58 PM
    To want is part of the human nature.

To rant about it day and night and start to belittle things... well that's just plain stupid.

The good news is that humans are still evolving. :P
    04-26-10 10:37 PM
    And how many of the unsatisfied people have ever even read the blackberrys huge and detailed help files. Point being that these same people seeking immediate satisfaction will follow suit and neglect to read anything about their next flavor of the month. Learning how to maximize any tool is the key to satisfaction. Seeking the knowledge to do so is the guarantee.

04-26-10 10:39 PM
    If a device isn't working for me then that is my right to replace it. I have had 3 Tours and the darn trackball is the same issue. it is my only communicator. I do not have a landline and it is no one's business what I decide to do. I had the opportunity to get the Curve 8530 and the trackpad has made a huge difference to me. I take care of my stuff and when something isn't working to no fault of my own, it will be replaced. And not cause I want the best. I loved the Tour but it is a deal breaker for me. The last one was only two months old. And it froze and would not move. I do have a replacement that arrived in the mail and am selling it. Someone else can deal with it if they want it. I am pleased with the Curve so far so good.
    04-26-10 10:54 PM

Thank you! I think at some point, people have to sit down and reflect on what's important in life. We live in a world where millions die from hunger and diseases. And yet those privileged and equipped with power are just sitting here complaining but not having the newest gadet.
    04-26-10 10:55 PM
    I personally don't see anything wrong with wanting (and getting) the latest and greatest. If I have the means, I fully intend to indulge my desire for sweet new phones.

It's no different than many of the other things we have but do not need. And while there are people out there who cant have/don't want the same things as I do, I wont feel bad about wanting what I do because of them.
    04-27-10 12:04 AM
    Well, I don't can my old devices. I Pay it Forward to another member when my use for a device has ended. I send it with the accessories I purchased, because I understand that someone can make use of that device. When I have a chance, I'm going to Forward my wife's Pearl to someone who will appreciate it. The same will happen when my Tour replaces the home phone and so on. The only thing I ask? When the new owner is done with it, do the same for someone else.

BlackBerry works exactly as I expect, does the job as efficiently as I've ever needed, and is my device of choice. I have no use for a device lacking a keyboard. I don't expect it to do everything my home computer does. I like the keyboards, the screens, and the way I can make it sing in my hands.

And I like the fact that a number of my friends see it similarly.

04-27-10 12:16 AM
    I love having the newest latest technology. If I can afford to attain it, why not? I love living on the latest edge.
    04-27-10 12:17 AM
    whats the point in working your *** off every single day if your not going to spend your money on something u enjoy
    04-27-10 12:22 AM
    whats the point in working if your not going to spend your money on something you enjoy every once in a while
    04-27-10 12:25 AM
    It is human nature for a lot of people to want...

Me, I usually wait out my contract, which is 2 years and get what is new out at that time.

I used to get whatever I wanted, but 2 step-kids and 2 children of my own changed that quickly.

04-27-10 12:28 AM
    Well, I don't can my old devices. I Pay it Forward to another member when my use for a device has ended. I send it with the accessories I purchased, because I understand that someone can make use of that device. When I have a chance, I'm going to Forward my wife's Pearl to someone who will appreciate it. The same will happen when my Tour replaces the home phone and so on. The only thing I ask? When the new owner is done with it, do the same for someone else.

BlackBerry works exactly as I expect, does the job as efficiently as I've ever needed, and is my device of choice. I have no use for a device lacking a keyboard. I don't expect it to do everything my home computer does. I like the keyboards, the screens, and the way I can make it sing in my hands.

And I like the fact that a number of my friends see it similarly.

That's very cool of you. So you give your BlackBerry away free to somewone after you are done using it? I applaud. I thinkl that's what I'm going to do when I am finally done with my Tour. I will donate it to someone who needs it.

04-27-10 04:09 AM
    I agree with the op in regards to greed. It is the human condition. However, I think the greed is mostly on the consumer side of the equation. I do not think it is greedy for a company to release new devices when the previous model was good enough.

Following this logic, if a Honda car has a life expectancy of 15 years, then Honda should only release a new model once every 15 years in an effort to stifle greed and be kind to the environment.

Companies need to release new products to remain competitive and satisfy consumer demands in order to remain profitable. No profit eventually equals no company which ultimately equals no products.

Now where would that leave us?

04-27-10 04:41 AM
    Its my money I will spend it how I want to , . A phone isnt exactly something you have to mortgage(doesn't have that long of life span) anyhoo

.... my '97 jeep wrangler sport on the other hand has over 300,000 miles on it and it still performs ,lol
    Last edited by DavidNC; 04-27-10 at 05:49 AM.
    04-27-10 05:44 AM
    I get an upgrade yearly with AT&T, so I get a new phone every Jan. Im perfectly satisfied with my 9700, and unless something BIG by RIM drops on AT&T, I'll be keeping it.
    04-27-10 06:10 AM
    Every phone I ever owned, I had given away. To those people who say "why not? Its my money". Well have you ever thought of keeping your current phone if it still works and giving the money that you wanted to something useful? Like a charity for children who can't afford clean water. I'm just saying that buying a phone just because IS selfish and greedy. The western world just keeps choking people in 3rd world countries and its not just there, its in their own cities too. I know it all sounds far fetched. While you want the evo or the essex or whatever it is. Some child wants water.

04-27-10 06:34 AM
    Every phone I ever owned, I had given away. To those people who say "why not? Its my money". Well have you ever thought of keeping your current phone if it still works and giving the money that you wanted to something useful? Like a charity for children who can't afford clean water. I'm just saying that buying a phone just because IS selfish and greedy. The western world just keeps choking people in 3rd world countries and its not just there, its in their own cities too. I know it all sounds far fetched. While you want the evo or the essex or whatever it is. Some child wants water.

Cool send them all the money you want to then . Have you
    04-29-10 05:24 AM
    Have I? Yes, I've sent some $$. Is that the point? No. The point is that we shouldn't keep over consuming. Its not good for anyone and it's short-term gain.

04-29-10 06:36 AM
    To want is part of the human nature.

To rant about it day and night and start to belittle things... well that's just plain stupid.

The good news is that humans are still evolving. :P
    Yeah, backwards!

Look at the change in our society from say 50 yrs ago, sure technology has advanced, but we as a human race have become greedy, self centered, impatient, no more common courtesy, our so called government has ok'd welfare as a means of employment, not to mention DISCIPLINE of children, not only has the government stepped in and is trying to still control you disciplining your child, you also have a whole generation of SINGLE KIDS with KIDS that teach them it's ok if you don't work and live off the taxpayers and yet we wonder why crime rate is at it's all time high, prisons are filled to the max and those that are there would rather stay as it's security rather than getting out and WORKING in the real world.

Still don't believe me, drive down your local highway any given day and see how impatient people are, tailgating or flipping others off just because you don't move outta their way fast enough.

Sorry, but the only thing that's evolved is TECHNOLOGY, humans have a LONG way to go yet.
    04-29-10 07:01 AM
    ^ that's very true. +1

04-29-10 07:09 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD