Please any1 out there help me, i've been searching for the last 2 days (literally) for something but i'm always let down on one point or another. I have a Blackberry 8100 pearl, with O2, here in the UK. I don't have a Data Plan (so i can't download large files from my phone, as it costs to much ��).

I am wondering if there is any programs + gps dongles, that have OFFLINE UK maps, and a GPS dongle connecting to my phone via bluetooth, that gives me turn-by-voice mechanism?

Simple as that, i don't want to download maps every time i want navigation, and my 8100 requires a GPS reciever as it doesn't have it itself.

is this possible
    07-12-08 09:42 AM
    Nothing will be able to give you turn by turn with out sending and receiving data bottom line is you need a data plan

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-08 09:52 AM
    ofcourse it should be possible, if i download an entire london/uk map (or get those memory cards with only maps on them), and a gps dongle which pinpoints my locations, there must be a way to give me directions without downloading as the map details are already on the phone and the rest is up to the gps dongle, the question is still, any companies that do?
    07-12-08 10:04 AM
    Nothing will be able to give you turn by turn with out sending and receiving data bottom line is you need a data plan

I second that. To get true turn by turn a GPS a data plan is required. How much are the data plans in the UK anyway?
    07-12-08 10:11 AM
    there are just �10, but i would only use the data plan for navigation and even that i would only use once or twice a month, hardly worth it to me? i remember a friend of mine had copilot (with map memory card) and a free standing gps reciever and that was working brilliantly, and now they only have copilot live? i am absolutely gutted...
    07-12-08 10:16 AM
    Garmin has a $99 program (no additional costs but it cannot be moved to a new BB device later) that has the maps on SD card. So it may be able to work without a data plan altho, I do not know if they have European maps??? It does NOT work with Verizon but I don't know about other carriers.
    07-12-08 10:10 PM
    Get a data plan, once you have it, you will use it for many more things than just GPS
    07-12-08 10:14 PM
    I agree..data plan all the way. You'll wonder how you did without it.

07-12-08 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD