After further analysis this is what I think is happening :

1. Google bought Nest in 2014 for 3.2 billion
    2. Blackberry has the most sophisticated and secure network
    3. Samsung sales are down

They are all partnering to take on Apple with the smart home and IoT .

Result :
    Blackberry secures android and IoT network.
    Samsung manufactures hardware
    Google crushes Apple

Win win win

Ps. Blackberry integrates the hub on Samsungs curved screen. Can be accessed at any time.

Posted via CB10
    HabsSuck likes this.
    07-17-15 04:36 PM
    Winning!
    07-17-15 04:57 PM
    Time to buy BBRY?

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 05:19 PM
    Sounds interesting...

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 05:20 PM
    Kill Apple?...A trillion dollar company. You might want to do a bit more research.

Posted from Neverland!
    Eumaeus, andy957 and Coachbulldog like this.
    07-17-15 05:29 PM
    After further analysis this is what I think is happening :

2. Blackberry has the most sophisticated and secure network
    You could make an argument for network security, though Google employs some of the best minds in network and server security on the planet, and takes that very seriously. Google is a Top 5 global target, and they don't get successfully hacked very often, despite probably thousands of attempts occurring 24/7/365.

There's NO way you can make the argument that BB's network is the most sophisticated, though. BB's network doesn't actually DO a whole lot, whereas Google's, Apple's, Microsoft's, and Amazon's networks, for example, practically power half the world's applications, databases, and businesses.

BB may have some patents that Google could use, but you've got delusions of grandeur if you think that Google needs BB in order to create a (or add on to their existing) network.

Once again, an example of "everyone should do stuff for BB because... it would be good for BB." That's not why other companies are in business.
    07-17-15 06:22 PM
    But doesn't BlackBerry have special security dust that they can sprinkle on any hardware or software to make it secure? That's what I learned here on the CrackBerry forums.
    07-17-15 06:32 PM
    Kill Apple?...A trillion dollar company. You might want to do a bit more research.

Posted from Neverland!
    Ok maybe not crush Apple but Google wins the war
    07-17-15 07:01 PM
    You could make an argument for network security, though Google employs some of the best minds in network and server security on the planet, and takes that very seriously. Google is a Top 5 global target, and they don't get successfully hacked very often, despite probably thousands of attempts occurring 24/7/365.

There's NO way you can make the argument that BB's network is the most sophisticated, though. BB's network doesn't actually DO a whole lot, whereas Google's, Apple's, Microsoft's, and Amazon's networks, for example, practically power half the world's applications, databases, and businesses.

BB may have some patents that Google could use, but you've got delusions of grandeur if you think that Google needs BB in order to create a (or add on to their existing) network.

Once again, an example of "everyone should do stuff for BB because... it would be good for BB." That's not why other companies are in business.
    I think the leverage here is that Blackberry has the 'security marketing with governments etc...' and a good relationship with Samsung. Google can use this to continue leading the handset business. Right now Google has the reputation for selling your data, they can use blackberry name to get ahead of Apple.
    Xenolock likes this.
    07-17-15 07:06 PM
    Google is going use Brillo a cut down Android OS for their devices and will use Thread, their own IoT mesh network protocol which Qualcomm joined this week and Zigbee compatible devices will also be able to use Thread with a firmware update. BB is silent on what their consumer IoT strategy is other than joining the Zigbee Alliance so I suppose they'll use Thread as well.
    07-17-15 07:13 PM

While I agree with most of what you said, I believe QNX is what Google and most other companies you've mentioned would love to have in their portfolio. What's been happening in the automotive and health care world in the last five years is nothing short of amazing. The next five years is only going to get even more intense.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 07:23 PM
    I think the leverage here is that Blackberry has the 'security marketing with governments etc...'
    ...a market that may have some prestige, but not much when it comes to numbers, as BB's sales figures prove...

and a good relationship with Samsung.
    You mean, Google's biggest partner? LOL.

That's not much leverage.
    Last edited by Troy Tiscareno; 07-18-15 at 10:47 AM.
    07-17-15 07:24 PM
    ...a market that may have some prestige, but not much when it comes to numbers, as BB's sales figures prove...

That's not much leverage.[/QUOTE]

So why didn't Google use their most brilliant people to work on securing android rather than have samsung knox and now BlackBerry secured android androidsecured.com?

Why did Google fail in making motorola a success?

Why did Google nest flop even though they have a trillion zillion dollars?

How about Google glass? Any success there?

Are you capable of saying or seeing anything remotely positive for BlackBerry?

Why are you even here on crackberry?

Oh and as you should know..... do no evil. Spread the word.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 07:33 PM
    While I agree with most of what you said, I believe QNX is what Google and most other companies you've mentioned would love to have in their portfolio. What's been happening in the automotive and health care world in the last five years is nothing short of amazing. The next five years is only going to get even more intense.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with this. This whole talk about the BB network is nonsense I think. That was cool 10 years ago, but Google and Amazon, etc., are well beyond that at this point. I also think BB hasn't really done anything meaningful or interesting in IoT other than a big press release and video and install someone else's open source software on someone else's cloud infrastructure.

But QNX's car business could be interesting to Google. They would probably have to buy Harman also. QNX doesn't control enough of the stack on its own.

BB may want to consider spinning off the QNX business, particularly if BB10 dies. They may unlock more value that way, if someone like Google wants QNX and doesn't want all the other stuff with it. QNX's car business is probably the most interesting asset that BB owns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    07-17-15 07:34 PM

That's not much leverage.
    Google is flying US Federal CIO's out to San Francisco and showing them stuff and seeing what it takes to get more business. Android is the hardest platform to get into this space and still be usable due to lack of security certifications and credentials. They may have these great minds in security, but it isn't translating into the product portfolio that government needs to buy yet. They definitely could benefit with the help from BlackBerry in this market. The alternative is watch iOS entrench itself further in government use.

Posted via Z30
    Last edited by lnichols; 07-17-15 at 09:06 PM.
    07-17-15 08:21 PM
    Why did Google fail in making motorola a success?
    Come on now, I know you have to be smarter than you're acting. The only reason Google bought Motorola is because Motorola was very vocal about their intentions of taking other Android OEMs to court for licensing agreements. Motorola wanted to get paid $10 to $15 per Android device sold just like Microsoft is. So Google bought Motorola to take away that threat to Android OEMs. That's the only reason Google ever owned Motorola. Google never intended on keeping Motorola and being in the smartphone hardware business. They got exactly what they wanted from Motorola and then sold the rest off. You're smart enough to know all of that already I'm sure.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    07-17-15 08:41 PM
    I agree with this. This whole talk about the BB network is nonsense I think. That was cool 10 years ago, but Google and Amazon, etc., are well beyond that at this point. I also think BB hasn't really done anything meaningful or interesting in IoT other than a big press release and video and install someone else's open source software on someone else's cloud infrastructure.

But QNX's car business could be interesting to Google. They would probably have to buy Harman also. QNX doesn't control enough of the stack on its own.

BB may want to consider spinning off the QNX business, particularly if BB10 dies. They may unlock more value that way, if someone like Google wants QNX and doesn't want all the other stuff with it. QNX's car business is probably the most interesting asset that BB owns.

I agree QNX seems like the main asset but when I specified the blackberry network I was encompassing all what is QNX as it is a subsidiary. Maybe a branding change or spin-off is needed, you're absolutely right or even better, a separation of all software security companies within its portfolio. But if blackberry has no value why aren't key government officials using an iPhone or Samsung Droid? I'm no technical expert but I find this odd.
    Last edited by luc4625; 07-17-15 at 09:41 PM.
    07-17-15 08:42 PM
    Come on now, I know you have to be smarter than you're acting. The only reason Google bought Motorola is because Motorola was very vocal about their intentions of taking other Android OEMs to court for licensing agreements. Motorola wanted to get paid $10 to $15 per Android device sold just like Microsoft is. So Google bought Motorola to take away that threat to Android OEMs. That's the only reason Google ever owned Motorola. Google never intended on keeping Motorola and being in the smartphone hardware business. They got exactly what they wanted from Motorola and then sold the rest off. You're smart enough to know all of that already I'm sure.
    The point is despite what some of the Google worshippers think, Google has a very long line of failed projects. Why don't you google "failed Google projects" and have a look?

They may have the world's smartest at the moment just like BlackBerry did in the early 2000s, IBM in the 90s and microsoft until recently, not everything google touches turns into gold.

BlackBerry maybe down in many ways but they do have their own patents and expertise in certain niches.

Is the thought that the possibility of Google and BlackBerry working together is so far fetched?

I think you'd be smarter than that.

Posted via CB10
    luc4625 likes this.
    07-18-15 06:48 AM
    I agree QNX seems like the main asset but when I specified the blackberry network I was encompassing all what is QNX as it is a subsidiary. Maybe a branding change or spin-off is needed, you're absolutely right or even better, a separation of all software security companies within its portfolio. But if blackberry has no value why aren't key government officials using an iPhone or Samsung Droid? I'm no technical expert but I find this odd.
    This is news to me,I thought BB bought QNX for $200M,and they own it.
    07-18-15 06:59 AM

see my comment above,lol
    luc4625 likes this.
    07-18-15 07:03 AM
    The point is despite what some of the Google worshippers think, Google has a very long line of failed projects. Why don't you google "failed Google projects" and have a look?

They may have the world's smartest at the moment just like BlackBerry did in the early 2000s, IBM in the 90s and microsoft until recently, not everything google touches turns into gold.

BlackBerry maybe down in many ways but they do have their own patents and expertise in certain niches.

Is the thought that the possibility of Google and BlackBerry working together is so far fetched?

I think you'd be smarter than that.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not saying they don't have failed projects, but to list Motorola as one is ignorant. Ask yourself this question - did Motorola sue every Android OEM there is for licensing agreements? No! They didn't.

So how exactly did Google fail with Motorola? Google even said that they were buying Motorola for the patents. Google accomplished exactly what they wanted with that purchase.

The Motorola purchase was a huge success for Google. Remember, there was even a time when hopeful posters here thought that Motorola was going to be the death of Android and give life to BlackBerry's failing products. That didn't happen though did it?

There are plenty of good examples of failures from Google, but the Motorola purchase isn't one of them.
    07-18-15 08:39 AM
    I'm not saying they don't have failed projects, but to list Motorola as one is ignorant. Ask yourself this question - did Motorola sue every Android OEM there is for licensing agreements? No! They didn't.

So how exactly did Google fail with Motorola? Google even said that they were buying Motorola for the patents. Google accomplished exactly what they wanted with that purchase.

The Motorola purchase was a huge success for Google. Remember, there was even a time when hopeful posters here thought that Motorola was going to be the death of Android and give life to BlackBerry's failing products. That didn't happen though did it?

There are plenty of good examples of failures from Google, but the Motorola purchase isn't one of them.
    I'm not a huge Google fan, but when you're a company as big as Google, I'm not sure they're failures. Maybe they're R&D or experiments. Not all resulted in product rollouts, but isn't that why companies spend buku dollars on research?
    07-18-15 08:46 AM
    I'm not a huge Google fan, but when you're a company as big as Google, I'm not sure they're failures. Maybe they're R&D or experiments. Not all resulted in product rollouts, but isn't that why companies spend buku dollars on research?
    You do have a point. Even listing Google Glass as a failure is wishy washy.

Google can afford to throw money at projects and see what comes of them. Does that make them failures? Not sure, if they learned something.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    07-18-15 09:00 AM

Posted from Neverland!
    Too big to fail? You might want to read a bit more of history.

Posted with BlackBerry Z30
    07-18-15 09:09 AM
    With the value of Google increasing $65 billion dollars after their earnings report, and being the second most valuable company behind Apple, I think we are getting to a point were those two can go ahead and combine their petty cash and buy out BlackBerry. John Chen has pared down the company to the assets and cash, doing most of the dirty downsizing work. There aren't a lot of sunk costs in the company, anymore.
    07-18-15 09:09 AM
122 123 ...