Chen is being hyped up way too much in these forums sorta like Heins was, if Chen doesn't deliver all hell will break loose.

He's just another guy, maybe he's doing some things differently but it's unnecessary to over evaluate everything he does.

We all want blackberry to succeed but don't set your selves up for more disappointment.

Just personal opinion, scroll back prior to bb10 launch and slightly after and look at all the Heins posts.

EDIT
    Not intended to be a hostile discussion by any means, I say let Chen do his job, sit back and relax - no need to over analyze everything he does.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by zten; 01-12-14 at 05:30 PM.
    amjass12, TGR1, aniym and 16 others like this.
    01-12-14 02:23 PM
    I remember, but I'm still pretty optimistic about Chen. Thor seemed like the guy to come in and clean up, but not really turn the company around in way of new products. I think Chen will do a good job, even if it means having to wait for my holy grail high end consumer device. I'm willing to wait it out since I have great devices to use in the meantime. I think his focus on enterprise will at least provide a source of revenue for awhile, and if that goes well we'll get our high end devices eventually.
    01-12-14 02:30 PM
    Big difference. John Chen has a real track record in reviving a company. He has real connections in Enterprise with a new team from his old company.

The Street really likes him. He is accessible which TH was not.

The short interest has dropped significantly which says one thing. BlackBerry is not dead and has a place in the mobile space. The market is saying so.

TH started this, did what needed to be done to trim BlackBerry. John Chen will finish the job!

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    01-12-14 02:37 PM
    ya know, it sounds to me like he's mostly in triage mode to try and salvage something by making security and other business apps for companies to put on their IOS and android phone... but maybe we'll make phones again someday, well maybe we'll let Foxconn make phones for us someday.
    milo53 and PowderJockey like this.
    01-12-14 02:40 PM
    Compare track records of Thorsten and John.

Enough said.
    01-12-14 02:44 PM
    Hyped? The stock market is sending a clear message on what they feel about Chen.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-12-14 02:44 PM
    Mods. Please move to Armchair CEO.

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    01-12-14 02:46 PM
    I agree with the op. Chen has a good track record, however he needs to hire someone that's able to get big name third party members on board.
    01-12-14 02:47 PM
    He is a straight talking CEO with a solid background. No one is hyping anything. The company is much more stable since he took office and that's what shareholders care about the most at the moment.
    01-12-14 02:52 PM
    Hyped? The stock market is sending a clear message on what they feel about Chen.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    It's the same old roller coaster ride,
    I think CHEN Being Hyped up way too much-img_00001412.png

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 02:53 PM
    He is no none sense and articulate. Both of which Heins wasn't.

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield and JeepBB like this.
    01-12-14 02:54 PM
    He is no none sense and articulate. Both of which Heins wasn't.

Posted via CB10
    Yet everyone over hyped 'The Thor', 'the hammer' ' the thorinator' etc, you only find out someone is no none sense and articulate after they deliver not before.

Posted via CB10
    aniym, JeepBB and milo53 like this.
    01-12-14 02:56 PM
    I have found that those of us who are loyal to BlackBerry will always be loyal. We will look for the positives in things because we want BlackBerry to turn around.

We got behind the last CEO, we're behind this CEO, and we'll be behind the next if it comes to that. Apple fanatics loved Steve Jobs and that helped the company out in hard times, hopefully it will be the same here.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 02:58 PM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    That's not saying much (stop getting your stock advice from cb). This stock is still an F (if it was based on grades), it's a medium/high risk stock, with low momentum, and low financial strength (heck over 95% of stocks have superior financial strength when compared to BlackBerry (c) industry/sector averages). You'll see this stock take off after a string of successful quarters.
    01-12-14 02:59 PM
    Yet everyone over hyped 'The Thor', 'the hammer' ' the thorinator' etc, you only find out someone is no none sense and articulate after they deliver not before.

Posted via CB10
    I wasn't one of those people and I don't need results to say he is no none sense and articulate. He has proven that by his fires and hires and the way he handles himself in interviews. Thor was nowhere near him in that regard.

Posted via CB10
    milo53 likes this.
    01-12-14 03:02 PM
    That's not saying much (stop getting your stock advice from cb). This stock is still an F (if it was based on grades), it's a medium/high risk stock, with low momentum, and low financial strength (heck over 95% of stocks have superior financial strength when compared to BlackBerry (c) industry/sector averages). You'll see this stock take off after a string of successful quarters.
    I agree short-term gains are nice to see, however, in all actuality it means very little other than what the opinion of fickle individuals is at this point in time

Posted via CB10
    I think a key difference is that Chen doesn't have legacy BBRY "baggage" that Heins had. He seemingly had come in with fresher eyes and more open-mindedness about what strategies might be on or off the table.

I think one of his biggest challenges will be how to handle the coexistence of BBOS and BB 10. BBRY's device sales barely register when compared to Apple and Samsung, but of the devices they are selling, the majority are NOT based on the platform for the company is trying to move towards. And there is no strategy for getting legacy device users onto the new platform.

This is creating an awkward and tenuous situation where app development efforts statistically would be better focused on BBOS and where BBRY itself could cut its losses on BB 10 with less impact than if it abandons BBOS.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Stewartj1 and Cesare21 like this.
    Apple fanatics loved Steve Jobs and that helped the company out in hard times, hopefully it will be the same here.

Posted via CB10
    Steve Jobs helped the company out in hard times, the fanatics had nothing to do with it and only came much later.

Posted via CB10
    aniym and JeepBB like this.
    01-12-14 03:03 PM
    Considering Chen's background he brings much more to the table then Thorstein Heins ever could. Thor shouldn't have ever got the job in the first place wasn't qualified for his duties. Hence he's gone.
    southlander, xanadome and m1kr0 like this.
    01-12-14 03:04 PM
    I think a key difference is that Chen doesn't have legacy BBRY "baggage" that Heins had. He seemingly had come in with fresher eyes and more open-mindedness about what strategies might be on or off the table.

I think one of his biggest challenges will be how to handle the coexistence of BBOS and BB 10. BBRY's device sales barely register when compared to Apple and Samsung, but of the devices they are selling, the majority are NOT based on the platform for the company is trying to move towards. And there is no strategy for getting legacy device users onto the new platform.

This is creating an awkward and tenuous situation where app development efforts statistically would be better focused on BBOS and where BBRY itself could cut its losses on BB 10 with less impact than if it abandons BBOS.

I see your logic but they can't abandon BB10. BBOS has matured to its limit and can't be pushed any further. It would be suicide for them to try and continue on that path. They have to find a way to transition to BB10 and to this point they have not.

Posted via CB10
    Ecm likes this.
    01-12-14 03:05 PM

Perhaps a more aggressive strategy is needed to get BBOS users onto BB10, perhaps an incentive so enticing they can't refuse.

Posted using my beloved Z30 on 2.2.1.1925
    01-12-14 03:08 PM
    By sending TH packing, it was clearly the end of the old era of rewarding incompetence - a disease that has plagued BB for too long. JC is in a different class. If he can pull this off, I will be happy, but if he fails, it won't be from a lack of trying or a lack of competence.

STL 100-1 OS 10.2.1.1925
    01-12-14 03:08 PM
    He is accessible which TH was not.
    Hold up there. That is a complete rewrite of history. TH was very accessible prior to this past summer. He did plenty of Interviews from his start up until about the summer conference call. He call Kevin day one. He was accessible until he was shown to be a failure and lost credibility due to things like the PlayBook nit getting BB10, saying BB10 had strong sales when it never did, etc.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 03:10 PM
    He has been pretty consistent

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 03:11 PM
    The garbage that was holding the company down has been cleared away. Chen has a way better situation then the previous ceo. With more experience, a better track record and an investment team backing him up. I can see why people would hype him up. Plus on a blackberry fan page, you should see people hoping for this guy to turn it around. We love blackberry and we want it to succeed. So as we give the new guy a chance we're going to cheer him on and give him respect for taking on the the huge challenge that is blackberry. Good luck Mr.Chen

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 03:17 PM
128 123 ...