I just wanted to let everyone here know that I had the pearl from sprint, hated the memory issues and decided to get a curve. BUT, my job said we would need to get windows mobile phones to make our job paperless. So I tried the HTC Touch from sprint with windows 6.1 and after 15 days it froze 3 times, lagged, and found it's way back to the store, for good! I told my boss I dont care how much paperwork i have to do but I am not going to use a windows phone! I just got my new CURVE yesterday and I love it. I told my wife this was the best day of my life, except for our wedding day of course.
    01-13-09 11:24 AM
    Welcome back. I am glad that worked out for you. Most people would have to settle for the Windows platform device for work and the BB for everything else.
    01-13-09 11:26 AM
    Up until last year I have owned WM devices for years. In no way shape or form compare to BB period. When I last replied to a post like this I said that the only pro to a WM device was the choice in 3rd party apps. BB has come a long way in the past few months and now we can enjoy the same apps that the "dark side" has.

You've made a smart decision!
    01-13-09 11:27 AM
    I feel like a new man, i have installed many many more apps than on my pearl and I deleted all the unused memory snatchers and I currently have about 50354956 bytes left, AWESOME, JUST AWESOME!
    01-13-09 11:31 AM
    I feel like a new man, i have installed many many more apps than on my pearl and I deleted all the unused memory snatchers and I currently have about 50354956 bytes left, AWESOME, JUST AWESOME!
    You have 50+MB File Free on an 8130!?! Man, I could only get around 20MB on my old 8120.
    01-13-09 11:38 AM
    Glad you got to keep your Curve! And quick thinking about your wedding day being the first best day of your life, or you may have been finding out how good your new Curve's connection was in the dog house out back!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 11:47 AM
    nope, he upgraded to the curve, just didn't update his profile to reflect the change.

and how'd you get 20mb free on your pearl??? best i've ever done was 13mb free.
    01-13-09 11:49 AM
    Welcome back! I had a similar, but different situation. My work had assigned me a BB (first a 7290, then an 8700) and after about 1.5 years took it away due to budget cuts. I then had to wait almost a year (VZW Contract) before I could replace my personal phone with a BB. And you know what? I did NOT give the number to my office!
    01-13-09 11:49 AM
    And you know what? I did NOT give the number to my office!
    Word, that. Program management office asked for people to volunteer their cell phone numbers so it would be easier to contact everybody in an emergency. O RLY? If they need to contact me, I'll be right here at my desk with the phone they paid for. If I'm not here, they didn't need to contact me anyway.
    01-13-09 11:55 AM
    nope, he upgraded to the curve, just didn't update his profile to reflect the change.

and how'd you get 20mb free on your pearl??? best i've ever done was 13mb free.
    Ahh...I see that now. I followed the "how to increase your memory" thread when I first hooked-up with CB. Now I love the fact that I have over 60MB free on my Flip. Sorry for hijacking the thread OP.
    01-13-09 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD