I've read so many "over serious" post about how BB's are for business and are boring devices. And I've read lots of post about folks dumping their BB's because they think aren't fun anymore.

Heck, I have plenty of fun with my BB! In fact, I'm always playing with the dam thing! Being able to message this efficiently is a constant thrill for me!

I blow friends and contacts away with the amount of information I can process through my BB. Sometimes I think it's gonna start smoking! Emails pumping, SMS, MMS, BBM's, BBM groups, Calendar reminders, task reminders, facebook and twitter.
    Plus I can't stop tweaking the dam thing... Backgrounds, ringtones, custom notification's, on/off times, bedside mode, holster settings, contact pics, custom dictionary's, and more...

Its the dam phone itself that makes BB's so much fun to me. Not a giant screen to watch YouTube videos, or a gazilion apps.

I just put my thumbs on it and have a ball!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-11 02:40 AM
    Its the dam phone itself that makes BB's so much fun to me. Not a giant screen to watch YouTube videos, or a gazilion apps.
    I absolutely agree
    06-02-11 04:51 AM
    Agreed.

I LOVE themes and have all the apps I need. I have my iPod touch for gaming and my laptop/iPad for school. BUT, my BB is the best at keeping me in touch with everything and everyone, and bbm is everywhere in Los Angeles.

Honestly, all I really want is a bit of a faster phone and a little larger screen, so the new 9930 is perfect! Plus NFC and some of the new features will be sick!!
    06-02-11 05:03 AM
    and it is such a pleasure to tweet from this. may not be the best phone around but does everything I want it to - in an impressive way.
    06-02-11 05:12 AM
    I have my fair share of fun, but it tends to get overwhelmed with frustration with the frequent freeze and battery pulls.

06-02-11 05:44 AM
    I have my fair share of fun, but it tends to get overwhelmed with frustration with the frequent freeze and battery pulls.

That's cause You have a Storm...
    I had both the Storm and Storm2, and my life was made so much easier, phone-wise, when I got my Bold. No freezing, no random reboots. Battery pulls every once in a while though.
    Last edited by SaMaster14; 06-02-11 at 06:58 AM.
    06-02-11 05:50 AM
    I know people with Storms who still love them. They've loaded hybrids or OSes trimmed of all the bloatware, and theirs are quite solid.

I'm still quite satisfied with my BlackBerry , as I do a ton of things with it. Tweaking it, making it fit my needs better, and staying in touch efficiently makes it a fine platform for me.

06-02-11 06:54 AM
    I've read so many "over serious" post about how BB's are for business and are boring devices. And I've read lots of post about folks dumping their BB's because they think aren't fun anymore.

Plus I can't stop tweaking the dam thing... Backgrounds, ringtones, custom notification's, on/off times, bedside mode, holster settings, contact pics, custom dictionary's, and more...

I am so happy to read this and find out there are people who love their BB's like I do! Thanks for posting
    06-02-11 12:37 PM
    I am so happy to read this and find out there are people who love their BB's like I do! Thanks for posting
    So true...human nature is to complain about the bad and not talk about the good! I too love my BB! My wife just rolls her eyes and goes back to her android
    06-02-11 01:20 PM
    I would like it for all of that too if it werent for the constant freezing, always having to find out what program is killing my battery so fast, battery pulls and subsequent 3 minutes of waiting for it to reboot.
    06-02-11 01:23 PM
    I also love my BB. I've had mine for a little over 3 months. I had a non-smartphone before getting this, and I can tell you with 100% certainty, that having this device has made my life a lot easier. Also, it's a very fun device in general.

Brick Breaker and Word Mole are great time killers :-)

The full keyboard makes it so much easier to sms/mms/bbm, etc.

Yes, there will be days where I have to reboot and do battery pulls, but they are few in number. Also, sometimes my BB goes very slow. If that ever happens, I just run Memory Booster and it usually clears that issue up right away.

Overall, I love my BB and can't wait to get an upgrade to it<if VMUSA get is soon>.
    Last edited by Chaviv; 06-02-11 at 01:36 PM.
    06-02-11 01:33 PM

Literally.
    06-02-11 04:05 PM

Atleast upgrade to os6 device and you wont have any of those issues.
    06-02-11 04:47 PM
    I completely agree! Great thread!
    06-02-11 05:58 PM
    I too agree with you 100%. I still enjoy using my BB as much as I did when I got my Tour over 18 months ago. Occasionally I'll go into the local Sprint store to check out the latest phones. I just couldn't live without a physical keyboard and all the customized alerts I can set up on my BB. Most times I can tell what kind of message I have coming in and who it's from before I even take my BB out of my pocket. For me the only advantage Android has over my Tour is the web browsing expierience and since I have access to a computer on a daily basis, this is no big deal. I'm really looking forward to the 9930 coming to the Now Network, but until then.....I'll keep rockin' my Tour!

06-02-11 08:22 PM
    To me it's not what the phone can do, but what it can do FOR ME. And so far my BB does what I need in a great and fun way.

06-03-11 12:51 AM
    To me, its what I do with my phone! I stay in contact with friends and family! BlackBerry is great for communicating. I love my Pearl for one-handed typing.

06-04-11 12:24 AM
    I have the Tour for almost 2 full years and it is still just as fun if not more then when I first got it on day one. Play tons of games, music,podcast, tunein radio,texting,emailing,photos,browsing on freakin Opera all day,Quicklaunch, LED notification & alert, BBweather and filescout. Seriously, I mess with all of these apps everyday pretty much. Get this, I rarely ever use bbm and thinking about deleting it. Goes to show you how versatile a blackberry can be. I plan to run this thing to the ground before upgrading to the new torch or bold on sprint. The bad news for me is that I'm not sure if this thing will ever die!

Last edited by noized77; 06-04-11 at 01:54 AM.
    06-04-11 01:48 AM
    Well Blackberry is a ton of fun!!
    Who said its only for business??????????????????
    Its totally fun after the 8520 came out! I would agree it was only for business before the 8520 now I don't a gree at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blackberry Themes And News

06-04-11 10:10 AM
  20. T
    To me, its what I do with my phone! I stay in contact with friends and family! BlackBerry is great for communicating ...

Same here! If it doesn't do that with the utmost efficiency (and BlackBerry does), I don't want it!

06-04-11 11:06 AM
  21. T
    I have the Tour for almost 2 full years and it is still just as fun if not more then when I first got it on day one ... I plan to run this thing to the ground before upgrading to the new torch or bold on sprint. The bad news for me is that I'm not sure if this thing will ever die!

I doubt it will! My Curve's still running strong with no end in sight. Even the battery hasn't lost its ability to hold a charge, though I suppose if it does, I could just get another.

Last edited by Tnis; 06-04-11 at 11:12 AM.
    06-04-11 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD