I confess that I am not currently a BB user. However, I am compelled to believe that there is some form of business conspiracy - at least as far as AT&T here in Hawaii is concerned. I'm very interested in the Q10. I like hardware keyboards. And here in HI you can find a number of AT&T stores within a couple of miles of each other. So, here's reason number one in my conspiracy theory: NONE of the AT&T stores on Oahu sell or display the Q10. C'mon! It's one of the few remaining smartphones with a hardware QWERTY! Why would you not want to offer that choice to consumers? Reason number two: I have personally been to at least four AT&T outlets. Each had working models of all the great smartphones available for folks to work with. And each store had a BB Z10 on display. But every single store had a display model that appeared to be hooked up for charging. But not one single unit was functional. Coincidence? Or has Apple or Samsung or Microsoft provided incentive to make it difficult to experience BB10? I just wonder.
    It's a good question. Sadly we can't say for sure but something need to be done.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    05-25-14 12:51 AM
    Same problem when Tmobile had the BlackBerry licenses. Have not been to a Sprint store. The Verizon store that I was at had all three displayed but the sale rep had no clue about BB10. Best Buy has no BlackBerrys on display.

Sent from my Q10 or Z10.
    05-25-14 08:44 AM
    It's interesting that so many people discount the conspiracy with the occam's razor bs e.g. "It's just because BlackBerry doesn't have any compelling products right now." Nobody faces the level of continuous hating and bearing of false witness that BlackBerry has been facing unless the effort is concentrated and intentional.
    05-25-14 09:32 AM
    While I believe a lot of these places really don't care about Blackberry, because they don't sell many, there is no conspiracy. No secret emails are going around.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    JeepBB and phylez like this.
    05-25-14 12:52 PM
    ... there is no conspiracy. No secret emails are going around.
    Well, that's just what the lizard people running the world would have you believe!

I do fear that the collective IQ around here is sinking faster and faster. After many (many) months of poor management decisions and appalling product rollouts from BB, it isn't necessary to invoke conspiracy to explain why BB is in the position it is.

Sometimes there just isn't enough tinfoil to go around.
    Poirots Progeny and phylez like this.
    05-25-14 02:04 PM
    History of the Crackberry forums:

Up until 2009 or so: Posts focused mostly on Blackberry users helping new Blackberry users figure out how to do stuff on their phones.n

2009-2013: BB's fortunes fall, Apple/Android competition starts to damage BB's market share, posters all become experts in the area of Operating Systems, Supply Chain Logistics, International Trade Policy, Labor Rights and Marketing, all to push their argument as to why BB is failing.

2014 onwards: BB10, delayed 2 years, fails to turn the tide. More than 50% of BB workforce laid off. Most posters concede BB's defeat and acknowledge that the company will no longer be trying to fight Apple and Samsung at the high end. Conversation topics go back to BB users helping BB users.

At least that's how it should be, not this conspiracy BS. All that tells us is that you are way too invested in a piece of plastic and glass that has semiconductors inside of it.
    JeepBB, donnation, chr1sny and 2 others like this.
    05-25-14 02:13 PM
    Well, that's just what the lizard people running the world would have you believe!

I do fear that the collective IQ around here is sinking faster and faster. After many (many) months of poor management decisions and appalling product rollouts from BB, it isn't necessary to invoke conspiracy to explain why BB is in the position it is.

Sometimes there just isn't enough tinfoil to go around.
    After YEARS and years of poor management decisions and appalling product roll outs from Microsoft the company continues unencumbered by wide spread consumer or corporate criticism.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 02:26 PM
    After YEARS and years of poor management decisions and appalling product roll outs from Microsoft the company continues unencumbered by wide spread consumer or corporate criticism.
    Yeah, you're right! Why haven't I seen it before... it must be a conspiracy!!!

Or, alternatively... MS has made enough good decisions and has released enough products that are selling (WinPhone8), and has enough financial clout to cover for the ones that aren't (Windows8, Surface tablets). MS also listen to their customers, Windows 8.1 addresses many of the things that folk coming from previous Windows OS's hated.

MS is hugely successful. That doesn't mean that they are perfect, or make perfect decisions... but success is an very effective counter to criticism.

Then again, maybe the lizard people told me to write that...
    chr1sny and Poirots Progeny like this.
    05-25-14 02:39 PM
    Blackberry is in a rebuilding process. It will take time to regain the trust they have lost. I believe Chen is on the right track by focusing on enterprise and making less expensive products for countries that still buy Blackberry in larger numbers. The conspiracy talk will fade away as they regain confidence in the consumer market.

Tinfoil prices will then drop.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    05-25-14 03:08 PM
    Yeah, you're right! Why haven't I seen it before... it must be a conspiracy!!!

Or, alternatively... MS has made enough good decisions and has released enough products that are selling (WinPhone8), and has enough financial clout to cover for the ones that aren't (Windows8, Surface tablets). MS also listen to their customers, Windows 8.1 addresses many of the things that folk coming from previous Windows OS's hated.

MS is hugely successful. That doesn't mean that they are perfect, or make perfect decisions... but success is an very effective counter to criticism.

Then again, maybe the lizard people told me to write that...
    Microsoft doesn't have a clue as to what's next. They have a bigger issue then blackberry has in terms of direction. They have evading serious scrutiny because of size, power and monopolization, the key ingredients needed to position yourself in a tower over looking the peasants below. History has provided us with many instances of corporate influence on the market place. Influence that is bought is influence sold. If someone can make you buy a Coke over a Pepsi then essentially they have conspired to drive you to do so. The corporate world calls it competition. You call it crazy?

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 06:30 PM
    There is no conspiracy. The NSA has NOT been spying on the entire population of internet and telephone users. Whoever thinks that he's being spied on needs to take off the tinfoil hat!
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    05-25-14 07:26 PM
    And this is why i love crackberry. Pure entertainment.

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk
    05-25-14 08:35 PM
    The cigarette companies didn't conspire to keep the health effects of smoking from us wile telling us how smooth and tasty that cigarette was going to be. The oil companies didn't conspire against us to kill the electric car or when their experts try to discredit the idea of global warming or tell us that the cost to the economy would be to great to do anything about it. There is no conspiracy by big pharmaceutical companies to kill Obama care or any kind of socialized medicine where they have convinced the general population that it is bad for them even though if they actually checked out what the average life span is in countries that have it implemented, like England Australia Sweeden Norway or Canada, places where they often criticize for their health care systems they would find that those places all have substantially longer life spans than they have in the US Samsung when they got caught paying people to give their competitors bad reviews. The truth is conspiracy happens all the time in business. When they get called on it they will try to marginalize it try to make fun of you tell you to wear a tinfoil hat. The way I see it is the more noise they make the chances are the closer you are to the truth.

Posted via CB10
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    05-25-14 11:50 PM
    Don't drink the coolade... whatever you do 0_o

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3175
    05-28-14 02:11 AM
    The cigarette companies didn't conspire to keep the health effects of smoking from us wile telling us how smooth and tasty that cigarette was going to be. The oil companies didn't conspire against us to kill the electric car or when their experts try to discredit the idea of global warming or tell us that the cost to the economy would be to great to do anything about it. There is no conspiracy by big pharmaceutical companies to kill Obama care or any kind of socialized medicine where they have convinced the general population that it is bad for them even though if they actually checked out what the average life span is in countries that have it implemented, like England Australia Sweeden Norway or Canada, places where they often criticize for their health care systems they would find that those places all have substantially longer life spans than they have in the US Samsung when they got caught paying people to give their competitors bad reviews. The truth is conspiracy happens all the time in business. When they get called on it they will try to marginalize it try to make fun of you tell you to wear a tinfoil hat. The way I see it is the more noise they make the chances are the closer you are to the truth.

Posted via CB10
    With your first two points you are discussing something way bigger than what cell phone someone uses. With your second point you need to educate yourself on Obama Care. It's a horrific program and doesn't provide any better or affordable care for those seeking medical insurance or care. It's a terrible program that has made his presidency not only forgettable but also laughable.
    05-28-14 05:34 AM
140 ... 456