I did well?
    nevilleadaniels and chain13 like this.
    09-08-19 06:06 PM
    I did well?
    Whatever suits you. A phone is a personal choice.
    09-08-19 07:31 PM
    I did well?
    I sold my iPhone x because of all the can not does. Even though the sound system and screen reader is fantastic I still prefer the Blackberry key2 or Android to iPhone
    09-08-19 10:39 PM
    Yes, you are crazy.
    09-09-19 03:21 AM
    I use Android/iOS pretty interchangeably. As others have said, it’s a personal choice. If you’re happy that’s all that matters.
    09-09-19 07:59 AM
    I use Android/iOS pretty interchangeably. As others have said, it’s a personal choice. If you’re happy that’s all that matters.
    I find myself in an odd position. I have an iPad that I use a great deal and really enjoy.
    However, for a PHONE I just don't like iOS.
    For a phone I just want the BB/keyboard and I've fallen in love with the Key2. Fabulous machine!
    rarsen and bh7171 like this.
    09-09-19 08:22 AM
    Nothing crazy about getting what works for you. Sounds like you saved some money in the process. Not crazy at all to me.
    09-10-19 07:31 AM
    I love my key2 le and I shouldn't change it for an iPhone neither other Android phone. I got slate one from the first day and it's perfect for me. Last days I was watching the atomic red with is 400 euros now on Amazon...maybe I'll buy one.
    So I don't thing you are crazy.
    09-10-19 09:39 AM
    No, it's just a phone. But my 2016 iphone (secondary driver) rocks newest iOS 12.4.1. Idk if your key2 will even get Pie I sell my XS Max and I buy KEY2 - I am crazy?-20190910_223301.jpeg
    09-10-19 10:58 AM
    No, it's just a phone. But my 2016 iphone (secondary driver) rocks newest iOS 12.4.1. Idk if your key2 will even get Pie
    That said, I spend 90% of my time of my device typing - not staring longingly at the OS build number.

Getting a new update is novel for a few hours, but then I'm back to typing again.
    Smokeaire, bh7171 and Grungni like this.
    09-10-19 01:52 PM
    That said, I spend 90% of my time of my device typing - not staring longingly at the OS build number.

Getting a new update is novel for a few hours, but then I'm back to typing again.
    But, um, I’m on iOS 12.4.1 and that means something... I’m not sure what but I’ll let you know when I figure it out....
    09-10-19 03:25 PM
    But, um, I’m on iOS 12.4.1 and that means something... I’m not sure what but I’ll let you know when I figure it out....
    12.4.1 > 12.4.0
    09-10-19 05:37 PM
    I believe it means continuing support for older hardware. In fact, it is part of 5 years of OS support / updates.

From multiple firsthand reports, iPhone 6S and SE running the iOS 13 beta OS are showing significant performance increases across the OS.
    anon(10387168) and TgeekB like this.
    09-10-19 05:42 PM

Yap, not to mention much better optimization, security improvement, system stability, or anything else. It's just a lifting number xx.0 - xx.1. So as long as I could use my phone for work, I don't really care about anything else, even my own right to get a "2 years software update" that has been promised in a ">600$ enterprise ready" phone-package.

Yeah, I don't know what to say anymore, to all of "the defenders"
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-11-19 02:10 AM
    Yap, not to mention much better optimization, security improvement, system stability, or anything else. It's just a lifting number xx.0 - xx.1. So as long as I could use my phone for work, I don't really care about anything else, even my own right to get a "2 years software update" that has been promised in a ">600$ enterprise ready" phone-package.

Yeah, I don't know what to say anymore, to all of "the defenders"
    I was neither defending, nor suggesting that updates are useless.
    09-11-19 07:08 AM
    Me too
    09-11-19 07:22 AM
    So basically updates are not that important in general for you.... Ilarious!!

Posted via CB10
    09-13-19 01:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    To me personally? No. I'm confident in my abilities to keep my phone safe.

But of course they are important in and of themselves.
    09-13-19 06:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    Android berry equipped with some sort of hardened system that not allowed some weird behavior in terms of keeping the phone safe. But idk if the attack is in the form of privacy pirating, data mining, right under user level permission's app. I consider it couldn't, that's why having continuous updates (security patches) means more. Because these days, most privacy pirating and breaches doesn't come by breaking your hardened kernel..
    09-13-19 08:07 AM
    Android berry equipped with some sort of hardened system that not allowed some weird behavior in terms of keeping the phone safe. But idk if the attack is in the form of privacy pirating, data mining, right under user level permission's app. I consider it couldn't, that's why having continuous updates (security patches) means more. Because these days, most privacy pirating and breaches doesn't come by breaking your hardened kernel..
    BID will still inform the user if any system file has been modified. That's not nothing.
    09-13-19 08:42 AM
    BID will still inform the user if any system file has been modified. That's not nothing.
    I know it's something. But it's very rarely that an apps need to access directory /system just to get some privacy like contact number, or queries/words that you type on browser, or etc. That simple app behavior, I doubt couldn't be detected as suspicious, idk cause I don't have one to try.
    09-13-19 09:41 AM
    I know it's something. But it's very rarely that an apps need to access directory /system just to get some privacy like contact number, or queries/words that you type on browser, or etc. That simple app behavior, I doubt couldn't be detected as suspicious, idk cause I don't have one to try.
    That kind of stuff isn't really addressed by patches either - that's simple device management.

Patches tend to prevent obtaining elevated privileges - which is was BID does.
    09-13-19 09:45 AM
    That kind of stuff isn't really addressed by patches either - that's simple device management.

Patches tend to prevent obtaining elevated privileges - which is was BID does.
    I have no source about what BID could, but august patch could disable an app or service to get additional permission without user's knowing, it also can disturb services who try to create their own unsecure transmission. And some qualcomm security patches also included.
    Last edited by chain13; 09-13-19 at 02:10 PM.
    09-13-19 01:02 PM
    I have no source about what BID could, but august patch could disable an app or service to get additional permission without user's knowing, it also can disturb services who try to create their own unsecure transmission. An some qualcomm security patches also included.
    Yes, and as most of these exploits go, they are barely above purely theoretical and are extremely difficult to be put in practice.

The chance of you ever coming across that in real life is about the same as getting hit by a falling tree.
    09-13-19 01:18 PM
    Yes, and as most of these exploits go, they are barely above purely theoretical and are extremely difficult to be put in practice.

The chance of you ever coming across that in real life is about the same as getting hit by a falling tree.
    Actually that scenario (exploit user data or permission without knowing) happened recently. It's called joker virus. The virus simply could bypass user's agreement part and use that benefit to gather user's privat data or even sign them into paid scam subscription. Google has removed 24 apps infected by this malware and now working to update the patch.

What I've never seen is exploits that can ruin my /system directory and tamper my OS in direct remote. Never happen even in my old xperia and note 4 (running unofficial android ROM).
    09-13-19 02:08 PM
28 12