The last time I got into a comparison of cameras on phones was when someone was trying to tell me pictures taken with a 9900 were any good. No matter how many pictures I took with my 4S vs my 9900 the person remained unmoved in saying that the 9900 was comparable to the 4S.

Anyhoo.....BlackBerry has done a phenomenal job improving on the camera on the Q and the Z. The rest is fairly subjective.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    09-18-13 04:33 PM
    Sorry bradu1, I posted something dumb and deleted.
    No problem. I wasn't offended. I thought it was humorous and tried to send a humorous reply.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 04:37 PM
    I like to see a comparison with a Z10 and S3 or S4. I don't know much about the iPhone camera, but the Z10 is far behind the S3,4. For all the time BlackBerry took to get this phone out, you'd think the camera would be better. There's hardly any options with it, dam I can't even take a video and send it from the phone, unless I edit it to 10 seconds.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 04:41 PM
    I like to see a comparison with a Z10 and S3 or S4. I don't know much about the iPhone camera, but the Z10 is far behind the S3,4. For all the time BlackBerry took to get this phone out, you'd think the camera would be better. There's hardly any options with it, dam I can't even take a video and send it from the phone, unless I edit it to 10 seconds.

Posted via CB10
    I would disagree. It's an excellent camera. Best ever on a BlackBerry, in my experience.

Options will come.

Sent from my iPhone 5 on iOS7 using Tapatalk
    09-18-13 04:52 PM
    I would disagree. It's an excellent camera. Best ever on a BlackBerry, in my experience.

Options will come.

How long of a video can you send from your iPhone?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 05:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Include android in that question too please. I thought it was just my oh so lovely carrier ATT limiting this as I had the same issue back on my legacy devices. Is this a BlackBerry limitation?

I've received longer vids from friends, but they are always extremely low quality, so I just figured it was due to data limit and the quality was so poor I never saw the point in even trying to record something in that level of quality in order to send it.

This I'm interested in.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 05:26 PM
    Include android in that question too please. I thought it was just my oh so lovely carrier ATT limiting this as I had the same issue back on my legacy devices. Is this a BlackBerry limitation?

I've received longer vids from friends, but they are always extremely low quality, so I just figured it was due to data limit and the quality was so poor I never saw the point in even trying to record something in that level of quality in order to send it.

This I'm interested in.

Posted via CB10
    I was told carrier limit, then told email limit. Finally bought Video Pro and was able to choose what size video I shot. I'm now able to send video.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 05:39 PM
    I was told carrier limit, then told email limit. Finally bought Video Pro and was able to choose what size video I shot. I'm now able to send video.

Posted via CB10
    Advanced Camera app also let's you change to a lower resolution.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 05:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    So, you do have to resize then in order to send it. So the longer the vid the poorer the quality. Who's limiting it? Carrier or phone? I always thought carrier, then read this post, and just now read that Apple is increasing app download limit over cellular. Now I'm really confused.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 05:56 PM
    So, you do have to resize then in order to send it. So the longer the vid the poorer the quality. Who's limiting it? Carrier or phone? I always thought carrier, then read this post, and just now read that Apple is increasing app download limit over cellular. Now I'm really confused.

Posted via CB10
    Well I don't resize them, I go into one of the above mentioned apps and select size and record right from the app. I THINK it's the email provider. I know my daughter would send me long videos from her iPhone and now her S4 and it really frustrated me. I THINK those phone compress the video. I played around with the settings to get a decent size video and quality. I had to write think capitalized just in case I'm wrong and some expert reads this and doesn't jump all over me.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 06:06 PM
    One of these was taken in a Z10. The other on iPhone. Which one is which?
    Attachment 203063
    Attachment 203064

Posted via CB10
    The better picture (whichever that may be) is obviously the iPhone :P

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 06:07 PM
    Well I'm gonna keep checking this thread just to see when that expert jumps in to tell us. Lol! I have no idea, but I do want to know.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 06:08 PM
    Well I'm gonna keep checking this thread just to see when that expert jumps in to tell us. Lol! I have no idea, but I do want to know.

Posted via CB10
    I just took a 29 second video with the native video camera and either one of my 3 email accounts will attach it, states too large. I know with video pro I can send a pretty good quality video a min long. Good Luck

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 06:13 PM
    The top picture is over saturated and the pink gradients are choppy.

Compared the to lower picture which appears more color accurate and the pink transitions seem to blend way better.

Question: Was the photo taken on the Z done in HDR mode? If not, it may have been even better!
    09-18-13 06:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't believe iMessage puts a limit on video length.

Sent from my 4s using TapaTalk
    09-18-13 06:50 PM
    I don't believe iMessage puts a limit on video length.

Sent from my 4s using TapaTalk
    What the heck is iMessage

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 06:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    Only about ten seconds, really. Bit longer with my 9810. I had to stay under 20 seconds. I can't even get that long with the iPhone.

What I do is just upload to YouTube and send links.
    09-18-13 07:03 PM
    By the way, strangely, family members could send me longer videos, but they are on Vodaphone and o2.

09-18-13 07:07 PM
    Only about ten seconds, really. Bit longer with my 9810. I had to stay under 20 seconds. I can't even get that long with the iPhone.

What I do is just upload to YouTube and send links.
    My daughter use to send me videos of my grandkids about a min long on her iPhone. My 9900 was about 45 seconds. Darn Z10 native video uses a mb a second.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 07:09 PM
    My daughter use to send me videos of my grandkids about a min long on her iPhone. My 9900 was about 45 seconds. Darn Z10 native video uses a mb a second.

Posted via CB10
    I know someone on o2 and his videos from his 9700 were always longer. He lowered the resolution. They were viewable, no major problems. But I just like loading to YouTube and it bypasses any restrictions in terms of video size.

I liked the quality of my 9810 over the 9900.

09-18-13 07:20 PM
    The top picture is over saturated and the pink gradients are choppy.

Compared the to lower picture which appears more color accurate and the pink transitions seem to blend way better.

Question: Was the photo taken on the Z done in HDR mode? If not, it may have been even better!
    Nope. Standard shot and it's the lower picture. One of these guys posted the file that confirms it was taken in standard settings as well if that matters to you

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 08:29 PM
    My Q has a great camera when it comes to daytime shots but as soon as it gets dark out the camera just falls apart. It focuses very slowly, gets a lot of blur even with stabilization, and TONS of glare from lights with dark shots
    09-23-13 11:11 AM
97 ... 234