I'm afraid we are coming to the end of the BB10 device experiment. I believe the Passport Silver edition was the last BB10 device BB will ever make. The 2 paths forward for Blackberry, as I see it, post-PRIV are these..

1. The PRIV is wildly popular. Blackberry sells more than expected and demand is high for quite some time. Carriers jump on board. Blackberry sees Android as their way forward and developes more Android devices.

2. The PRIV is a flop or mildly successful. Blackberry can't take the risk of yet another failure/ho hum phone and exists the hardware business. BB10 support continues with an update here and there. Software and services is where BB focuses.

This is just my opinion and thoughts seeing the landscape in which BB finds itself now. Time will tell.

What do you think?
    Last edited by jefbeard911; 10-17-15 at 10:08 AM.
    BlackQtCoder likes this.
    10-17-15 09:13 AM
    Hate it but second one seems more likely

Blackberry Classic | Circa 2015
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    10-17-15 09:19 AM
    After 10 loyal years with BlackBerry, and at least 12 different devices, I traded my second BlackBerry Passport for a Galaxy S6 Edge. This phone is now my daily driver, and I use my first Passport as a mini tablet when on wifi. The 2 negative features of the S6 Edge are (1) battery life isn't as good as the Passport, and (2) the Hub / messaging system isn't up to par with BlackBerry. Other then those two issue, the phone is pretty damn good. I can live with those two small issues. If someone like me isn't at all interested in the Priv (and I have bled blackberry for years) why would customers who have never been loyal to BlackBerry switch?
    Here's to hoping this new phone is successful, but I wouldn't hold my breath expecting a great volume in sales.

 Passport Rocks 
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    10-17-15 09:47 AM
    I bet to the second, sadly

Posted via CB10
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    10-17-15 09:52 AM
    People just need to wrap their arms around the fact that BB10 is done. WebOS users went through it and lived, and so will everyone else in here who thinks they can't live without BB10.
    10-17-15 09:57 AM
    I do not want to doom BlackBerry by making a unforeseen prediction however I hope all the Android fan boys get on board with Prev who knows ??
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    10-17-15 10:08 AM
    Agreed.

My thoughts are that the PRIV isn't for the loyalist but for those who aren't really brand loyal and kinda want to check out Android with a physical keyboard. Not sure if there are many left though.

I do think Blackberry's reputation for quality hardware may play a factor as well (Assuming its true for the PRIV). Will be interesting to follow the developments...
    10-17-15 10:16 AM
    3. Blackberry 10 phone(s) return in 2016.

Yeah, yeah a bunch of you guys are probably going to be like "that's just not ever happen! Get over yourself!" but at the same time, we must remember that we can never be 100% certain about what will happen, regardless of how obvious signs make it seem. Things can take a different turn.
    10-17-15 02:34 PM
    It really comes down to the marketplace. If the market for BB10 is expanding and growing, there is no question that it will be around for years to come.

Likewise the Priv. If people dig it and find it useful and a good value, they will buy it. Or, at least look at it as a possible, relevant option. The marketplace is full of phones. What will set BlackBerry apart? Unique features? Best in class service?

I want an Android Classic in cobalt blue. Are there enough people who want the same thing to justify it?

The future is unwritten.

Posted via my Blackberry Classic
    10-17-15 06:32 PM
    It really comes down to the marketplace. If the market for BB10 is expanding and growing, there is no question that it will be around for years to come.

Likewise the Priv. If people dig it and find it useful and a good value, they will buy it. Or, at least look at it as a possible, relevant option. The marketplace is full of phones. What will set BlackBerry apart? Unique features? Best in class service?

I want an Android Classic in cobalt blue. Are there enough people who want the same thing to justify it?

The future is unwritten.

Posted via my Blackberry Classic
    No to the future of BB10. Yes to an upgraded Android Classic. Yes to an Android Z30 replacement.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 08:22 PM
    I'm not going to guess, but it seems saturated out there and not much sparks my interest. I wouldn't be excited about the future of mobile, for any manufacturer or OS, if it stays as it is at the moment (boring). It all needs to connect together and it doesn't . IOT is exciting and taken to long. I will say that Chen and BlackBerry our selling what they can in an attempt to carry them to that day. They need to partner with some deep pockets.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 08:33 PM
    PRIV-positive future, BB10-negative...?

I'd say, keep it alive ... on a lower level. Let us "win in the high end" security market for a little longer hey...? :-D

�   Ahoy, Privateers...! :-)   �
    10-18-15 04:46 PM