I have received a pin message from someone introducing himself as BlackBerry. The message says that my pin number has been chosen as the winner of the prize which is a Honda Jazz car. They want me to pay the administration fee to get the prize. I believe this is a phishing message. But how BlackBerry can allow this to happen?
    06-20-16 03:41 AM
    Just delete , ignore it and move on
    Just delete , ignore it and move on
    JRF_1986 likes this.
    06-20-16 03:43 AM
    I received a pin message from BlackBerry?-img_20160620_112805.png

This is how it looks like by the way. It looks genuine, but it is not.
    06-20-16 04:01 AM
    Scam. Delete and block it like the plague!

Posted via CB10
    Jrox74 likes this.
    06-20-16 04:51 AM
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-16 11:51 AM
    If you win a prize and they want money up front to claim it must be a scam. If I was you I would play along with them for a while just to have some fun, I love those Nigerian letters I keep those guys going for months, sending them wrong banking information etc. I had one tell me I was hard work.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-16 12:45 AM
    Indonesian PIN spam? Or of unspecified origin?

If it sounds s(c/p)ammy, delete it. Free car?

Yeah, my driveway, ahem backyard... ;-D

  There's a Crack in the Berry right now...  
    06-21-16 03:10 AM
    If you win a prize and they want money up front to claim it must be a scam. If I was you I would play along with them for a while just to have some fun, I love those Nigerian letters I keep those guys going for months, sending them wrong banking information etc. I had one tell me I was hard work.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for letting them have some of their own medicine. You kept 'em from doing harm to another person while engaging them...

The "Microsoft" / "you got a virus" / "we need to fix your PC" ones can also be hilarious, especially if you're on Linux. Takes them a little to figure that one out...

:-D

JRF_1986 likes this.
    06-21-16 03:13 AM
    Playing with them is a good idea as long as you can block this person at some stage of the game But as far as I know, this is not possible for pin messages. We can block pin numbers on BBM but not on pin messages. It is a shame for BlackBerry for not putting a blocking option for the pin messages.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-16 03:15 AM
    I received a pin message from BlackBerry?-img_20160621_185242.png

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2011/...message-block/

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...0/td-p/2631875

06-21-16 03:54 AM
    Thanks for letting them have some of their own medicine. You kept 'em from doing harm to another person while engaging them...

The "Microsoft" / "you got a virus" / "we need to fix your PC" ones can also be hilarious, especially if you're on Linux. Takes them a little to figure that one out...

People must fall for these things or they wouldn't keep doing it. I had the "Microsoft" guy call me several times. Finally I told him if he called again I would call the police. That stopped him. I guess he didn't know the police would do nothing to him!!

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>
    06-21-16 07:30 AM
    That is why I probably will use a win phone next cause one can blocked everything. Baked into the system.
    06-21-16 08:18 AM
    People must fall for these things or they wouldn't keep doing it. I had the "Microsoft" guy call me several times. Finally I told him if he called again I would call the police. That stopped him. I guess he didn't know the police would do nothing to him!!

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>
    Mmmmhhhh...

I for myself know and have helped several people. Mostly in the 50+ age bracket. But not exclusively...

Some paid, some smelled a rodent and didn't pay... :-)

___

It's purely a numbers game. Just people sending out spam / scam messages and doing phone calls shows you, there's still money to be made. It's all about user education...

Have a look here. Different variety. But reveals the basic underlying thinking:

http://www.infoworld.com/article/308...t-scammer.html

06-21-16 05:33 PM
    you "believe" this to be spam ? why would bb be giving away cars to random people for no reason
    06-21-16 05:41 PM
    I no longer look for a reason for BlackBerry's actions

Posted via CB10
    06-21-16 07:01 PM
    Mmmmhhhh...

I for myself know and have helped several people. Mostly in the 50+ age bracket. But not exclusively...

Some paid, some smelled a rodent and didn't pay... :-)

___

It's purely a numbers game. Just people sending out spam / scam messages and doing phone calls shows you, there's still money to be made. It's all about user education...

Have a look here. Different variety. But reveals the basic underlying thinking:

http://www.infoworld.com/article/308...t-scammer.html

Interesting article. Don't know if I would have the patience. (because I am over 50, LOL).

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>< Lumia950
    06-21-16 08:11 PM
    I have received a pin message from someone introducing himself as BlackBerry. The message says that my pin number has been chosen as the winner of the prize which is a Honda Jazz car. They want me to pay the administration fee to get the prize. I believe this is a phishing message. But how BlackBerry can allow this to happen?
    My guess is that they've just guessed pin numbers .....
    06-22-16 03:38 AM
    Scam! Just a scam!

Posted via CB10
    06-22-16 11:05 AM