but right now it is frustrating me..plz help.

I just bought my BB curve 8900 and have been having trouble receiving my emails. I went through tmobile and set up my yahoo email and bb email but still am not receiving them to my phone. I'm a BB newbie so I have no idea what to do about this.

Also my the facebook app wont load I click on it under downloads, type in my e-mail and and password but only get a 'could not connect because a data service is not available' message.

I've been searching in the forum but haven't come across something that worked anyone have suggestions for a very frustrated BB newbie!
    03-23-10 10:22 PM
    Do you have a BlackBerry data plan?
    03-23-10 10:27 PM
    Def doesn't have data lmao..nd send ur service books for ur email..when u activate ur data

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-10 10:29 PM
    isnt the data plan "required" to get a blackberry?

i dont see why a carrier would give a phone like that and just not give a data plan included (either free or like $20)
    03-23-10 10:39 PM

I just bought my BB curve 8900 and have been having trouble receiving my emails. I went through tmobile and set up my yahoo email and bb email but still am not receiving them to my phone. I'm a BB newbie so I have no idea what to do about this.

Also my the facebook app wont load I click on it under downloads, type in my e-mail and and password but only get a 'could not connect because a data service is not available' message.

I've been searching in the forum but haven't come across something that worked anyone have suggestions for a very frustrated BB newbie!
    1st like the other do you have a data plan ? 2nd have you tried povisioning your browser or calling T-mobile to setup your data service on your device via 611 ?
    03-23-10 10:52 PM
    I do have data service which is why this is so frustrating.
    03-23-10 11:07 PM
    ok

well where it shows if you got 3g, is it all caps (all data) or lower case?
    or does it say GSM?
    03-23-10 11:10 PM
    Try logging in to your BIS here and resending your service books.
    03-23-10 11:11 PM
    you can also resend your service books if you go to Settings > Options > advanced Options > Host Routing Tables. Press Menu and click "resend service books". hope that works too
    03-23-10 11:12 PM
    I would just call TMO from another line and have them walk you through it. It may be something on their end or just something stupid.
    03-23-10 11:51 PM
    Don't worry, you will love it when you get it working. Normally it takes no effort at all, just turn it on and go. Sometimes you need to double check a few things.
    03-24-10 04:49 AM
    Have you tried a Battery Pull?
    03-24-10 10:44 AM
    I do have data service which is why this is so frustrating.
    You have data service, but do you have a Blackberry plan?
    03-24-10 11:33 AM
    isnt the data plan "required" to get a blackberry?

i dont see why a carrier would give a phone like that and just not give a data plan included (either free or like $20)
    There can be a difference between what you need, what you ordered, and what actually gets activated on your account. Cockups happen
    03-24-10 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD