I know what you mean, it's just that I saw this recently.

LG's got a flip phone that runs Android Lollipop
    i saw this 5 years ago.

I quite like the uncomplicated, uncluttered simplistic nature of BB10-blackberry-style-9670.jpg
    08-02-15 02:56 PM
    I just got curious, since I've seen several state that they'd never go to windows, android or ios... And that sort of leaves not a lot left to choose from
    Some people are only happy when they are marginalized, against the mainstream, and have to deal with the drama and effort of finding work-around, hacks, and "secret clubs" of people like themselves who enjoy similar struggles. They would never be happy with something that "just works", because "anyone can have that."

That's why they've gone from Symbian to WebOS to BB10 and will move to Sailfish or Tizen or UbuntuOne or whatever the next ultra-niche product is, so they can start the cycle again fresh. Whether they realize it themselves or not, "fighting the outsider's fight" is more important to them than anything else.
    08-02-15 11:53 PM
    i saw this 5 years ago.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackberry-style-9670.jpg 
Views:	487 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	365088
    Hells yeah, BlackBerry Style ftw! I never had one, but I was rocking a Curve at the time and wished I gone with the Style. I like act of flipping the phone open, which was always fun on my Motorola KRZR... keeps the screen protected and takes up less pocket space too.
    extisis likes this.
    08-03-15 12:18 AM
    Some people are only happy when they are marginalized, against the mainstream, and have to deal with the drama and effort of finding work-around, hacks, and "secret clubs" of people like themselves who enjoy similar struggles. They would never be happy with something that "just works", because "anyone can have that."

That's why they've gone from Symbian to WebOS to BB10 and will move to Sailfish or Tizen or UbuntuOne or whatever the next ultra-niche product is, so they can start the cycle again fresh. Whether they realize it themselves or not, "fighting the outsider's fight" is more important to them than anything else.
    Exactly

BB10 is the most fluid and productive OS..

BB10 is dead so let me go seek out phones that aren't even offered in my region with incompatible lte bands and obscure OSs.

!
    08-03-15 12:36 AM
    i saw this 5 years ago.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackberry-style-9670.jpg 
Views:	487 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	365088
    Of course, the Style. Very underrated and very slick. Thanks for posting. Did the Style have limited carriers?
    edit: Cant remember the detective series some time back, they used Styles.
    08-03-15 11:31 AM
    I really love the BB10 Os!

  
    08-03-15 01:07 PM
    Nobody really knows for sure what the future holds for BB10. It could be that some form of it ends up on competitors devices for an additional cost... who knows.. I think that BlackBerry has been fairly clear that the hardware division is not really the focus going forward. What that means for BB10 is anyone's guess.

Maybe BB10 is the New Android?

Would you still leave?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-03-15 02:17 PM
    Maybe BB10 is the New Android?

Would you still leave?

what does that even mean
    08-03-15 03:44 PM
    what does that even mean
    Seemed pretty obvious that he meant other manufacturers would license BlackBerry 10 instead of Android, thereby making BlackBerry 10 more popular.

However, that is about as likely as Tizen replacing Android at this point.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 03:50 PM
    Agree with the OP. What draws me to BB10 is it's simplistic ability to do what I need it to do.
    08-03-15 04:17 PM
    Seemed pretty obvious that he meant other manufacturers would license BlackBerry 10 instead of Android, thereby making BlackBerry 10 more popular.

Posted via CB10
    Don't see how that makes BlackBerry 10 the "new android". But people tend to throw unsubstantiated comparisons around here so I'll leave this one be. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 08:12 PM
    Some people are only happy when they are marginalized, against the mainstream, and have to deal with the drama and effort of finding work-around, hacks, and "secret clubs" of people like themselves who enjoy similar struggles.
    I admit to having a certain fondness for underdog causes and products, myself. If they turn the lights out on BB10, I find myself inexplicably interested in WP. It's inexplicable because I also have an Android phone that works fine for me...so why would I think of plunging into another world of pain?

Well...what I like about BB10 is what I think of as its "clarity". Using it, I feel like I have a very clear sense of what's going on, and what I'm doing. The active frames are like work stacks on a desktop, and eight is the right number. Android's Recent Apps is more like a record of everything I've been doing, whether current or done with. Granted, I can always close them off the Recent Apps list when I'm done, but that's not a part of the natural Android work flow.
    WhoAmI_24601 likes this.
    08-03-15 09:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    BB10 and Android would run together on the same device. Not one or the other.

If there was a benefit to Google and other members of the OHA, and they could make money from it, then I don't see it as such a stretch of the imagination.

08-03-15 11:36 PM
    This is not only my first BB10 device but my first official blackberry device and I love it. BB10 is a damn good OS. It is fast, smooth, different and secure. I'm not an app junkie I don't need millions of apps. The average iOS or Android user can't fit or use the millions of apps on the phone to begin with. It all comes down to what apps and what you make and get out of your phone. If BB10 was to end it's support, I will continue to keep using not only the BB10 platform while it's no longer supported, but I don't have a problem returning back to an already dead OS in symbian. They might be dead but they still are functional and reliable.

Also I don't mind WP they are also a helluva OS I like as well next to BB10 and symbian. I don't like android or ios so those are no goes for me.
    08-04-15 04:47 AM
    My Samsung S6 Edge is very frustrating .
    I spend more time trying to do things than doing things . The OS, much to my surprise can be quite laggy at times . My Passport flows smoothly. Are people so mesmerized by shiny objects, that they forget the elegance of functionality.

Short answer is yes. Sad but true. I enjoy technology and appreciate the other operating systems for what they do well. I use them all and can make any of them work for me, if need be. Sadly people put more value in shiny objects than functionality. That's true beyond just smartphones though. I just picked up my second Q10. I love it as a communication device. It does everything I "need" and does it very well. Better than the others. It's the wants that I will struggle with and the reason I keep a line with an Android or iOS device on it. Even then I still look for function though to some degree. I don't care for the direction Samsung is going. I have enjoyed the Note line and I'm hoping they don't screw it up. I'm not a fan of the S6. I don't need shiny. I need function.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 05:03 AM
    Seriously - BB10 is a great OS. Yesterday a friend had to take a photo and send it to someone via SMS.

He spent about 3 minutes fumbling around with his Galaxy S3, and finally resorted to copying/pasting.

Poking a bit of fun at him and his Android, I pulled out my Z30, showed it to the other person in the room, took a photo, dragged the picture up to the share menu and shared it all in about 10 seconds.

It's little touches like that that BB10 really excels at.
    Funny, with my Nexus, I take a picture, click on it, click on the "Share" icon and I'm presented with a list of the 19 apps that can be used to share it. 2 of which do SMS.
    08-04-15 08:33 AM
41 12