Seriously - BB10 is a great OS. Yesterday a friend had to take a photo and send it to someone via SMS.

He spent about 3 minutes fumbling around with his Galaxy S3, and finally resorted to copying/pasting.

Poking a bit of fun at him and his Android, I pulled out my Z30, showed it to the other person in the room, took a photo, dragged the picture up to the share menu and shared it all in about 10 seconds.

It's little touches like that that BB10 really excels at.
    07-31-15 04:00 PM
    I like too the BlackBerry 10 O.S, it's simple and intuitive but it does not take 3 minutes to share an image using a Galaxy, maybe your friend should learn how to do it. Anyway it takes a few seconds to share it using a BlackBerry 10 device. Lot less than through the android device.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 04:13 PM
    No doubt he should be able to do it quicker - but it speaks to the intuitiveness of the OS...
    07-31-15 04:14 PM
    I quite like the uncomplicated, uncluttered simplistic nature of BB10-relevant-yoda-interests-meme.jpg

Finally.... a positive BB10 thread!!

Posted via my awesome Classic
    07-31-15 04:31 PM
    I love BB10 too! I'd give anything for it to have > 10% marketshare and have a great native ecosystem.

I'm a proponent of Blandroid only because I want the hardware division to survive, not because I care for the OS. I was helping my fiancee figure out a call volume problem on her Note 3 today, and I described the UI in a single word- "messy."

On a BlackBerry stuff is easier to find, settings are easier to adjust, and you spend more time doing stuff than trying to figure out how to do stuff. I have found this true since my first BlackBerry, that lowly Tour (where you just spent too much time waiting on the godforsaken hourglass!)

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2205
    ssbtech and John Villareal like this.
    07-31-15 04:40 PM
    I want them to survive to...
    But there is a thing you wrote, that didn't work wel together :

First you say: "I'm a proponent of Blandroid only because I want the hardware division to survive, not because I care for the OS."

Then you say: "I was helping my fiancee figure out a call volume problem on her Note 3 today, and I described the UI in a single word- "messy."

On a BlackBerry stuff is easier to find, settings are easier to adjust, and you spend more time doing stuff than trying to figure out how to do stuff..."

Then i say: That's al because of the OS (BB10) and not the device itself.

cwbcpa likes this.
    07-31-15 04:57 PM
    It is a great OS. They just have to fix the app issue. Definitely the most capable OS out of the box.

Posted via Z30
    07-31-15 05:05 PM
    I want them to survive to...
    But there is a thing you wrote, that didn't work wel together :

First you say: "I'm a proponent of Blandroid only because I want the hardware division to survive, not because I care for the OS."

Then you say: "I was helping my fiancee figure out a call volume problem on her Note 3 today, and I described the UI in a single word- "messy."

On a BlackBerry stuff is easier to find, settings are easier to adjust, and you spend more time doing stuff than trying to figure out how to do stuff..."

Then i say: That's al because of the OS (BB10) and not the device itself.

That's my point though... I want BlackBerry to survive, but I know it can't survive with BB10.

07-31-15 05:48 PM
    If it cannot survive with bb10 I do not care BlackBerry to survive. The greatness of BlackBerry is the OS.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 05:56 PM
    Honestly, I don't know about that.

Yes, I do indeed enjoy BBOS 10... Or let me rephrase that: I enjoy the UI and the options in it. The hub is excellent!

But... The operating system itself? Yeah, it's great, but I can't say that I'd hate it if the same UI and hub was to be found on an android operating system.

Hell, I'd buy it if they could create say a passport with the hub and the same UI as is available now in BBOS 10...

I know, I know... The security concerns are real, there is that.
    07-31-15 06:04 PM
    My Samsung S6 Edge is very frustrating .
    I spend more time trying to do things than doing things . The OS, much to my surprise can be quite laggy at times . My Passport flows smoothly. Are people so mesmerized by shiny objects, that they forget the elegance of functionality.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    gvs1341 likes this.
    07-31-15 09:55 PM
    I wouldn't call it "simplistic" but I agree.

The non-cluttered design is priceless.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 10:17 PM
    I love the OS, a good clean interface and powerful options underneath.

 Z30 
    07-31-15 11:13 PM
    If it cannot survive with bb10 I do not care BlackBerry to survive. The greatness of BlackBerry is the OS.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. If they dump BB10 I'm done with BlackBerry and won't recommend them in the Enterprise that I have some technical influence in.

Posted via Z30
    azjaws likes this.
    07-31-15 11:13 PM
    Simply the best

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 01:42 AM
    Are people so mesmerized by shiny objects, that they forget the elegance of functionality.
    Yes! That's why people queue overnight or longer for a new iPhone, for example - and that device is way more about form than function.
    (Apple fanbois, don't hate - I have had a 4S since it first came out and I see how far behind BB10 it is in terms of productivity.)
    08-01-15 05:46 AM
    I will never move to Android, Windows Phone or iOS. I like BB10 because it is filled with features at the same time it is easy to use.

I don't really need millions of apps. In BB10 the browser is the center piece which is really good as well. With a good browser you don't need an app for every web page. Banking apps? I don't need them as I use the normal desktop web interface, works great.
    j21jam6, extisis and rayporsche like this.
    08-01-15 07:25 AM
    I will never move to Android, Windows Phone or iOS. I like BB10 because it is filled with features at the same time it is easy to use.

I don't really need millions of apps. In BB10 the browser is the center piece which is really good as well. With a good browser you don't need an app for every web page. Banking apps? I don't need them as I use the normal desktop web interface, works great.
    So where are you heading, should BB10 stop development? What if no more BB10 occurs? Where'd you go then?
    08-01-15 07:28 AM
    So where are you heading, should BB10 stop development? What if no more BB10 occurs? Where'd you go then?
    I don't know for the moment. I will wait and see what happens with Nokia and Sailfish. If Nokia license Sailfish and produce a good device I will buy that one. Then we have Tizen and Firefox OS so the question what will happen to that but it doesn't look good for the moment. One thing is at least clear that I will never buy Windows Phone, iOS or an Android based phone again.

BB10 will not stop working over night because they stop developing BB10 so I'm not in a real hurry and my Passport will do the job for several months ahead.
    08-01-15 07:35 AM
    Alright, thanks.

I just got curious, since I've seen several state that they'd never go to windows, android or ios... And that sort of leaves not a lot left to choose from
    08-01-15 07:37 AM
    Alright, thanks.

I just got curious, since I've seen several state that they'd never go to windows, android or ios... And that sort of leaves not a lot left to choose from
    There will be a sudden resurgence in flip-phones from ex-Blackberry users.

Aman Darred and peter0328 like this.
    08-01-15 08:18 AM
    Heck if the newest LG Gentle comes to the states, I'd buy it!
    08-01-15 08:33 AM
    Then I would consider Ubuntu phone.

08-01-15 05:11 PM
    I've been through all of the other platforms and I keep ending back up on bb10. It's an awesome OS and has so much potential. It's fast, fluid, and of course the hub!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    08-01-15 05:29 PM
    There will be a sudden resurgence in flip-phones from ex-Blackberry users.

I know what you mean, it's just that I saw this recently.

LG's got a flip phone that runs Android Lollipop
    08-02-15 10:40 AM
41 12