so i just purchased my 1st ever blackberry,its a pearl 8100..
    ive never used or held a blackberry before today lol,
    i bought it off craigslist and it didnt come with any manuel
    so im lost with this phone,cant even figure how to put "periods"
    in a text,do u guys think u could hook me up with video links,
    i would really like to learn alot about this phone as it seems interesting,
    if u cant do videos maybe a manuel that can tell me how to do stuff,
    i have an app that says blackberry maps but when i click on it
    i get a blank screen with some sort of curser.it tells me to fill in a start location and i do that and click search and it comes back "empty" everytime.
    i really hate to hit u guys up and look like a noob A##hole but im stuck,
    thanks in advance for taking time out ya day to help! anything in return i can do just holla
    10-11-08 12:22 AM
    Check out the blackberry 101 section. Its a huge help. Welcome the craclberry. Oh and if you hit spacebar twice it puts the period in for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-08 12:27 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Look at this visdeo tutorial 101 Demonstrator for the BlackBerry Pearl� 8100� Smartphone.

You can get a pdf user guide here BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Wireless Handheld Devices, Software & Services from Research In Motion (RIM)

As greg24 said, check out the CrackBerry 101 Lectures - link in my signature.

That should get you going.
    10-11-08 12:39 AM
    I know the crackberry 101 lectures helped me out a ton!

Welcome to crackberry!

10-11-08 02:24 AM
    Welcome to cb !!

10-11-08 02:36 AM
    thank u guys so much.forreal,im gonna check all that out right now,

greg thanks alot man i couldnt figure out that period key for nothin! good lookin out..really appreciate it..

pete,awesome links man and i again thank u as well for taking the time out!

irishguy and blueberry,good lookin! its nice to be here! thanks for the welcome!

p.s i havent checked the links yet but do u guys have any insight how i get those blackberry maps to work?
    10-11-08 03:02 AM

p.s i havent checked the links yet but do u guys have any insight how i get those blackberry maps to work?
    BlackBerry Maps, like most of the installed applications, will only work with a BIS or BES data plan.

Once the connections are in place, it downloads the maps for the requested areas and does the distance calculations on a host server.

I presume you have installed a carrier SIM card and are able to use the Voice and SMS text messages. The next step is to call your carrier and add on a BlackBerry service plan.
    10-11-08 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD