Ok here goes

I have a 9700, i love her to pieces, have numerous berrys as upgrades and a 9780 and torch, played with berrys for ages, my problem is with my 9700 i am on platform 5.0.0.979 and i am not ready to part with her as i prefer the os5 browser to os6.

Totally clean install after phone wipe.... install bb messenger and application manager, yahoo messenger and hotmail messenger..phone all runs fine for couple of days.. trtied both desktop 5 and 6 no difference

Then suddenly i cant edit or add anything in my phone book, can only delete what is already there. As soon as i click on the icons for yahoo and msn messenger the phone freezes until i hold the 7 spots(homr) key, sometimes the back light even stays on But this all happens over night. I am presently bidding on a new 9700 as i have no idea what the problem is and i cant bare to not have a 9700 O2 my provider keep offeering me new phones all the time, no one has any ideas. I must have squashed this phone thirty times and it is taking over my life as i strive for perfection and i love my berry
    01-12-11 01:21 PM
    since you already wiped ( I assume you didn't reload the affected databases back on???) and reinstalled the OS, I'd ask O2 for a replacement unit.
    01-12-11 01:39 PM
    Hi Dave

I was not certain if the backup files were infected so i have not used them and still having this same problem. The only old files i am using on back up is from Blackberry messenger as i restore this using email. I have even tried new sim card. Here is the catch. I am wondering since i never had any problems before using os6 on this phone if this is the cause or is it to do with my problem :

Was wondering if it to do with Default dervices in advanced options

I cant believe i am the only one who has ever seen this problem.

Been reading every Blackberry forum and website on the net for weeks
    01-12-11 01:57 PM
    Hi Dave

I was not certain if the backup files were infected so i have not used them and still having this same problem. The only old files i am using on back up is from Blackberry messenger as i restore this using email. I have even tried new sim card. Here is the catch. I am wondering since i never had any problems before using os6 on this phone if this is the cause or is it to do with my problem :

Was wondering if it to do with Default dervices in advanced options

I cant believe i am the only one who has ever seen this problem.

Been reading every Blackberry forum and website on the net for weeks
    I've had issues with the Contacts app that were only solvable by reinstalling the OS (I had to do that twice, about a month apart). deleting the databases didn't solve the issue, so after discussing it at length with tech support, I went thru the pain of redoing the OS. it worked for a while, then I got the same problem again. RIM's OS is pretty flaky, if you ask me! then again, I'm having trouble with Facetime on my Apple ipod touch and spend an hour on the phone with apple and the "fix" was lousy--I had to create a NEW Facetime ID that is misnamed as "Apple ID". I told the guy to send the problem up the chain of command, because clearly it is possible to have an ID assigned to the Facetime app that is different from the Apple ID, despite them naming them the same thing. That sort of oversight bugs me, because it makes it far more difficult to recover from a problem when the mfgr can't even give the proper description to the input field. I used to be involved in s/w, so I think about such things! I used to write databases, and later on I helped give UI input to the programmers at a startup I worked for.
    01-12-11 02:03 PM
    I have reinstalled my OS maybe thirty times. But everytime it only runs for a few days. Rim suport i think is not very good, its a shame as i love the berrys as my family live in several countries and it enables us to have a private message chat. Just hoping someone else wil be able to help me with this
    01-12-11 02:35 PM
    Ok here goes

I have a 9700, i love her to pieces, have numerous berrys as upgrades and a 9780 and torch, played with berrys for ages, my problem is with my 9700 i am on platform 5.0.0.979 and i am not ready to part with her as i prefer the os5 browser to os6.

Totally clean install after phone wipe.... install bb messenger and application manager, yahoo messenger and hotmail messenger..phone all runs fine for couple of days.. trtied both desktop 5 and 6 no difference

Then suddenly i cant edit or add anything in my phone book, can only delete what is already there. As soon as i click on the icons for yahoo and msn messenger the phone freezes until i hold the 7 spots(homr) key, sometimes the back light even stays on But this all happens over night. I am presently bidding on a new 9700 as i have no idea what the problem is and i cant bare to not have a 9700 O2 my provider keep offeering me new phones all the time, no one has any ideas. I must have squashed this phone thirty times and it is taking over my life as i strive for perfection and i love my berry
    Prefer the OS 5 Browser to OS 6? Can those words even be used in that order in the same sentence? The OS 6 Browser is still crap, but at least you get tabs.
    01-12-11 05:03 PM
    I have reinstalled my OS maybe thirty times. But everytime it only runs for a few days. Rim suport i think is not very good, its a shame as i love the berrys as my family live in several countries and it enables us to have a private message chat. Just hoping someone else wil be able to help me with this
    Just use gTalk or Yahoo Messenger or one of the dozen or so other cross platform IM apps. Convince them all to get an account.

If you've tried wiping and tried different OS' with still no luck it sounds like you've tried about all that can be tried by a normal user (ie one of us, not RIM techs etc) although a call to your carrier's tech support might help.
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 01-12-11 at 05:33 PM.
    01-12-11 05:23 PM
    I wish that o2 could give me some serious sensible support and I think that I am going to have to call Rim directly. Unfortunately my carrier just does not understand my problem. Since being a crackberry addict I seldom turn on my pc, luckily I always have a spare berry in the car but my 9700 problem is not good.

Fingers crossed 24 hours later and all seems to be working for now, have downloaded Blackberry application manager again and only downloaded the Ebay application.

Will manually add my address book entries for the last time. If this does not work and I can�t get support I will end up Ebaying my 9700 :�( as I can�t live without it.
    01-13-11 03:25 AM
    still having problems, different 9700.. latest update as it is now being narrowed down a little.

i have been having problems in that my 9700 on the o2 network will not work on its o2 email unless i add say my hotmail account or yahoo account. If i add either of these two it will download the email icons. I have tried different 9700 . o2 in the Uk have no idea why,neither have i. If after downloading my hotmail or yahoo account to my berry all works fine and proceeds to download the correct email icons for all new accounts, but once removed either yahoo or hotmail accounts are removed the o2email account goes again, different sim card tried,swapping phones, tried everyhting. Not using old berry files to restore, anyone any suggestions please. I am growning old before my time and seriously had enough now.
    02-16-11 04:10 PM
    Prefer the OS 5 Browser to OS 6? Can those words even be used in that order in the same sentence? The OS 6 Browser is still crap, but at least you get tabs.
    Just how does this help her? Childish.
    Naked, I'm not sure how you went about doing all that you have done. You might have done it this way but try down loading bbsak and a copy of the os5 of your choice. Go to control panel and delete all s/w you have installed for the 9700 besides DM. Now install bbsak and the os you downloaded. Copy your contacts to the sim card. Use bbsak to wipe your 9700 then reinstall your os. Run setup wizard and see how the phone runs. If it runs good for alittle while make a backup then start restoreing from backups and see if problems return restore back to your other backup.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-11 05:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD