<a href="http://bbmobile.me/CBKEY2BLtopic?utm_source=cb&amp;utm_medium=topicblock&amp;utm_campaign=navigation" target="_blank">Shop BlackBerry KEY2</a>
  1. sellingirl85's Avatar
    Ok. After having a not so great experience with the sales guy at Sprint today, I decided Id come to this trusty site. I am looking into getting the blackberry curve 8530. I really liked the Tour 1 better but dont want to mess with the trackball. I wanted to save my upgrade for the tour 2 that is coming out, but as of right now I dont have a phone because mine broke. Curves are b1g1 free so I would like some opinions on what I should do.

    Should I upgrade now to the 8530?? And sell the 8530 when the Tour2 comes out and then buy it? Is there really a huge difference? Or should I just get the 8530 and forget everything? I am a bb newbie and with no phone, Id take any bb at the moment. Lol

    Couple questions. If I buy the b1g1 free blackberry and I use one. My mom is thinking about using the other. If she doesnt like it say in a week, can we then sell one eBay and turn her other phone back on without having to pay any charges? ie cancellation?

    The sales guy suggested that I buy a cheap phone on eBay and then use my upgrade on the tour2 but who knows when it is coming out and how much it will cost

    Also, I couldnt get a straight answer as to what the charges would be. I have the everything data plan for my family phone now. Will it cost anything extra? I am going to be buying online through sprint.

    Hope Im not rambling and I would like any suggestions on what to do. I need a phone by the end of the week. THANKS in advance.
    03-03-10 03:04 AM
  2. YourMobileGuru's Avatar
    Buy a cheap phone off ebay or craigs list and wait for the Tour, trust me it will be worth the wait :-) You will almost certainly regret it if you don't. The 8530 is half the phone the Tour or Tour2 are.

    I'm expecting to see it launch WES which is in about a month (that's my guess, so don't quote me there) or just after.

    EDIT: as I understand it Everything Data includes the BB data plan if you have a BB. I'm not on Sprint though and I pay extra $29.99 for mine. Still well worth it. A BB withiut a data plan is like a modern computer without Internet - crap.
    Last edited by VZWRocka; 03-03-10 at 05:17 AM.
    03-03-10 05:14 AM
  3. trsbbs's Avatar
    Why not buy a used 8530 (can be had for around 199 or less) and then
    get the tour in a year or so when it comes out and has had the bugs worked out of it.

    I disagree that the 8530 is half the phone a tour is. I tried them
    both and left the Tour at the store.

    To each their own...

    03-03-10 07:17 AM
  4. BergerKing's Avatar
    If you want to save the upgrade, I would recommend picking up a used Curve or something else until the device you want is released.

    My wife wanted to wait, but has decided to go with the Tour now, as we get annual upgrades anyway, with the way our lines are set up. Her Pearl is driving her bonkers, and she's tired of being crippled by it.
    It's a hard decision, but why stay without something that works for you?

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-10 07:34 AM
  5. djackson02's Avatar
    Like others stated if any way possible you would be acting in best interest to wait for tour2
    03-03-10 09:29 AM
  6. Xpimp's Avatar
    Or just pick up a used 8330 for an even cheaper price? You know just to hold you over until the device you want comes out.
    03-03-10 12:09 PM
  7. hondateg91's Avatar
    Just pick up an old phone for cheap to hold out and use your upgrade for the 9650.
    03-03-10 12:30 PM
  8. scorpiodsu's Avatar

    10 char
    03-03-10 03:03 PM
  9. Laura Knotek's Avatar

    10 char
    iPhone will not work on Sprint. It does not appear that the OP wants to change carriers.
    03-03-10 03:16 PM
  10. scott.clarke's Avatar
    I think your best bet is to buy a reconditioned phone in the intrim until your eligible to get the phone you want, cant really think of anything that would specifically get the job done
    03-03-10 03:25 PM
  11. mojo pin's Avatar
    The Tour 1 is a great phone. I bought mine on ebay as I planned to save my upgrade for the 9650, but that was before the 9650 that we knew was scrapped and they changed the name. After seeing how great and amazing the Tour is, I see no reason to wait for the 9650. I'm sure it's a really great phone, but I don't need the absolute top-of-the-line phone out there. This does what I need and want it to do and more, and I've had absolutely NO problems with it.

    A couple people here who get inside info have said they would be very surprised if the 9650 was even announced by May. I've heard actual release dates going so far as June or July. So unless you're a big fan of the waiting game, I would go with the Tour1 or the 8530. Just my opinion!
    03-03-10 04:10 PM
  12. adambigge's Avatar
    I would suggest getting cheap phone and waiting for the Tour2 as well. That way you can try it out and if you still don't want to go with it you still have your upgrade to use on something else.
    03-03-10 04:12 PM
  13. MemphisMark's Avatar
    If you want "the next big thing" you will never get a phone. Because as soon as the one you've been waiting for releases, rumors start circulating about the next one, and how it will blow this one out of the water.

    Get what you can today, and don't worry about what's coming out tomorrow. If cash is an issue, get the next generation older. Like I just got a Storm 2 for $180, the Storm was going for $50 or even less.

    In most cases if you buy what's right behind the bleeding edge, you will get a model that has very few, if any bugs. Everyone else who bought it when it was bleeding edge already beta tested it and the feedback worked the bugs out.

    So, pick what you like best today, and get it.
    03-03-10 06:19 PM
  14. MrObvious's Avatar
    The Tour 1 is just fine and sure it don't have wi-fi but it's never a problem. I just upgraded to OS 5 and I think it made the downloads a tad faster over the web anyway.
    03-03-10 10:12 PM
  15. snowindec9's Avatar
    get a curve 8330 for cheap. then upgrade to bold 9650 when it comes out. it will be worth it because of the trackpad.
    03-03-10 10:20 PM