Ok Hello, Im not sure if this is the right forum for this type of question but im going to post it here and hope someone can help me.

Long story short...

I broke my Blackberry Storm two nights ago and and quickly had it replaced.

The screen on the phone no longer works...it still glows and the buttons on it still work but the screen has a small chip in it and you cannot see anything on it. You can even still call the phone and it still receives Text messages!

Like an ***** I never had the numbers backed up on the PC, but the phone still turns on so maybe its not too late to transfer the numbers somehow ???

I went to the Verizon store and tried to get the numbers from my old phone into the new phone but the woman at the tech desk said the only way she could transfer the numbers was if she could disable "mass storage mode" on the broken phone...but with no way to see the screen she said it was not happening.

Is there ANY way at all to get the numbers out of the broken phone ? Plz is anyone has ANY ideas I will gladly try it! I had a TON of numbers that I desperately need in the broken phone...I feel horrible. I need to return the old phone to Verizon in 12 days...can anyone help me PLEASE ?
    04-01-09 12:45 PM
    Have you tried the device switcher on desktop manager.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 12:48 PM
    Sync with outlook?
    04-01-09 12:58 PM
    pipboy, as long as your phone is still turning on, you need to connect that phone to desktop manager. The first thing you're going to do is create a FULL backup so that you can use that backup file to restore it on your new phone (assuming you're going to get another blackberry). On a full backup all your info will be saved. From your address book, to your brickbreaker score, to your autotext settings. At least you'll have that address book in there.

And if you do have Outlook on your PC, it's pretty easy to export your contacts to Outlook.

So as long as your phone is turning on and DM recognizes the phone, you're good to go.

And just for the record, I perform a full backup file of my phone about twice a week just in case a problem like yours was to occur. And regularly sync my address book with Outlook and every connect to DM.
    04-01-09 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD