hi i just got my first bb and i realized i don't have a browser icon on my main page of my blackberry tour. i tried to get in on but nothing is working. Can somebody please assist me on getting an icon on my main page. Thank you
    08-17-09 05:07 PM
    Im not a blackberry expert but I can try to help.

Are you sure it isn't there? Make sure not to just look at the icons but go through each one individually and read the app name. Once I thought I lost my media shortcut but it was just that my theme at the time changed it to an Ipod instead of a cd. Anyway, I was only looking at the icons and couldnt find it but when I read them, I found it.

**EDIT**
    If you are talking about the first screen instead of the full app screen, try going to the full app screen (theres another name for it, I just cant think of it atm but hopefully you know what Im talking about) and moving the browser icon to the top of the list.
    Last edited by cyanide845; 08-17-09 at 05:22 PM.
    08-17-09 05:20 PM
    Assuming you have a BlackBerry Data Plan

1) Manage Connection icon > check off Mobile Network

2) options > advanced options > host routing table > press menu >
    select Register Now.
    08-17-09 05:27 PM
    i did both of these things and it is still not there. when i press while in the screen when you can see all the apps, i press the menu button, switch application and scroll over a bit the browser icon is there, but when i am just looking on the main page i don't see it, is there a way to get the browser icon on the main app page.
    08-17-09 05:32 PM
    i did both of these things and it is still not there. when i press while in the screen when you can see all the apps, i press the menu button, switch application and scroll over a bit the browser icon is there, but when i am just looking on the main page i don't see it, is there a way to get the browser icon on the main app page.
    Are you sure the icon is not hidden?
    08-17-09 05:38 PM
    Well if it is hidden how do you unhide it. sorry im just new to blackberry
    08-17-09 05:44 PM
    Well if it is hidden how do you unhide it. sorry im just new to blackberry
    Homescreen>Menu>Show All This will make any app icon reappear if it was hidden. If Browser is showing up under your applications then it may be hidden. If that isnt the case, then:
    Options>Advanced>ost Routing Tables>Menu>Register
    next
    Log into your BIS account and resend service books then battery pull and reboot

Hopefully that works. Since you are new to BB i would highly recommend you reading the BB101 Lecture series (link in my sig). It is a wealth of information

Good Luck!
    08-17-09 05:53 PM
    This happened to me when I got my first BB I called my carrier and had to activate my browser. Give your carrier a call and they will set you up.
    08-17-09 06:02 PM
    hi i just got my first bb and i realized i don't have a browser icon on my main page of my blackberry tour. i tried to get in on but nothing is working. Can somebody please assist me on getting an icon on my main page. Thank you
    You need to got to options>advanced options>host routing table>then hit the menu key and register now. This should push your service books to the device and the web browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 07:10 PM
    You can move the icon up to the front of your icon list...with the browser icon highlighted, bring up the BB Menu>click on "move" which puts a box around the icon>use your trackball to move it then click trackball to set it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD