i have a blackberry curve 8900 which i got yesterday. I love it and everything bit whats troubling me is with the wifi!!!! i have connected the wifi to my internet but when i click on browse then search a website "unable to find requested server" come up please help!!!!!! My browser is hotspot browser and i cant change it , when i click on it no other choices come up or anything.
    PLEASE HELP!!!!
    08-21-10 08:47 AM
    Do you have the blackberry data plan?? I have a 8900 and when i first got it, i tried connecting to the internet using just wifi and the same happened to me. You need a data plan to even access internet with Wifi
    08-21-10 08:57 AM
    Plus 1 for priyab89

Even though it has wifi, still need a data plan to get it working properly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-10 09:00 AM
    Still being new to wifi (new bold 9650), can the poster change to Hotspot and then browse?
    08-21-10 09:09 AM
    That is correct, if you want all the BlackBerry features to work.

However, if the OP is trying to use the Hotspot Browser, it will work without a BIS plan.

Establish your Wifi connection then:

Connections / Wifi Options. Menu / Wifi Diagnostics.

If you have a good connection, you will see two green check marks and a successful connection message. If not, there will be a error code on the status line.

08-21-10 09:10 AM
    That is correct, if you want all the BlackBerry features to work.

However, if the OP is trying to use the Hotspot Browser, it will work without a BIS plan.

Did not know that. Learn something new everyday lol
    08-21-10 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD