-----

I have 2 questions:

1) My media card option says both Media Card Support is ON and Mass Storage Mode Support is ON. It says my media card is not available because Mass Storage Mode is currently in use. Does all that sound right?

2) I'm sending downloads but nothing is happening except a box coming up wanting to know if I want to open them with Foxfire. I say sure thing and nothing happens after that. Is there a handy STICKY someone could point out that I should read on downloading? Thanks

-----
    06-06-08 05:20 PM
    Your setting are correct. You want access to your media card when it connected to your computer (Mass Storage Mode).

When it not connected, it switches back to Media Card so the device can read to/from it.

I dont' understand your question about sending downloads.

Are you attempting to download a file from the Internet or are you trying to copy files from your computer?
    06-06-08 05:33 PM
    -----

To tell the truth...I was just trying to download a Theme (OTA Link: http://jasoncalhoun.com/blackberry/Calix_8800_Zen.jad)

The last thing I saw was a box pop up on my desktop screen that asked if I wanted Firefox to Open it. I said yes. Now what?

-----
    06-06-08 05:36 PM
    There should be a popup box. Tell it where you want to save the file hit ok and that's it
    06-06-08 05:49 PM
    -----

I saved the file and a Box came up showing it as 'Done'. But nothing happens after that automatically. Do I have to do something?

-----
    06-06-08 05:55 PM
    Ahh... Themes.

BlackBerry Themes | CrackBerry.com

To Download A Theme To Your BlackBerry From Your PC

Go to the provider from whom you wish to buy or download a theme. Do this on your PC. Download the Theme to your PC. It may be zipped so you will need to unzip the file. Connect your Blackberry to your computer. Open up Desktop Manager. Then open Application Loader. Then open. Add. Find the file called “Themes.alx” and hit “OK”. After the installation finishes, you now need to change the theme by going to Settings. Click Options. Then click Themes and select the new theme.

Over the Air Installation of BlackBerry Themes

Some theme providers allow for easy Over The Air installation of BlackBerry Themes. An email with a link to the blackberry theme is sent to your device. From the email, simply click the link and your berry will be taken to the theme where it is downloaded onto your device.
    OTA means Over The Air. The link you supplied is intended for downloading directly to your device.

It sounds like you were successful in downloading a new theme. The next challenge will be installing it.

Locate the file you just downloaded, it will likely be in a directory named Downloads. If the file has a ZIP extension, right click on it and select Extract All ... . That will make it available for the Application loaders use.

If it is not a ZIP type, let us know what your dealing with.
    Last edited by Stoner; 06-06-08 at 06:18 PM.
    06-06-08 06:09 PM
    -----

Stoner, I so appreciate your help with this. I've been stuck on this for several days now. I'm printing out your directions, then will come back and let you know what happened. Thanks!

I got some Ringtones via OTA the other day. But this theme isn't working that way.

-----
    Last edited by cbmember; 06-06-08 at 06:41 PM.
    06-06-08 06:19 PM
    -----

I located the file in Documents and Settings\my name\Desktop but when I right-clicked and tried to unzip it, it said it couldn't archive it, which I don't think I asked it to do. Well, it didn't have a zip extension. It has a Jad. Anyway I had no other choices.

-----
    Last edited by cbmember; 06-06-08 at 07:50 PM.
    06-06-08 07:31 PM
    Do you have a media card?

If so, transfer the .jad onto the card.

Go to the media player, from that main screen select the menu, then explore, then media card.

When you see the .jad file, click it. It will install it right from your media card.
    06-06-08 08:13 PM
    CB just out of curiosity, I can't remember, do you have a data plan and this post doesn't give an indication?
    06-06-08 08:19 PM
    To my knowledge, he has Unlimited.

Not sure why he's not doing it from the Browser.....
    06-06-08 08:23 PM
    -----

Unlimited. While I'm doing the Media card thing, what do you mean you don't know why I'm not doing this from the browser? Come to think of it, I don't know how to transfer a file to a Media card.

-----
    Last edited by cbmember; 06-06-08 at 08:58 PM.
    06-06-08 08:56 PM
    CB typically a jad file is meant to downloaded OTA. Type that address into your browser and try installing it that way
    What you are doing is what a person without data would have to do.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 06-06-08 at 09:08 PM.
    06-06-08 09:05 PM
    -----

Oh Lord. I'll try that. Thanks

Edit: I tried but the BB Browser is so slow. It doesn't have an address bar so I found Google and came here to find the link in a post. That took forever but when I finally got to the Post, I clicked on it and it wouldn't let me read it, it took me to other posts though. Finally, I came here on my desktop computer and sent the Theme Link to my email. It went to the desktop but hasn't yet come to my phone. Things just aren't working right.

Is there another Browser program that actually has an address bar? That sure would make getting to sites easier.

-----
    Last edited by cbmember; 06-06-08 at 09:34 PM.
    06-06-08 09:08 PM
    -----

Oh Lord. I'll try that. Thanks

-----
    I'll keep an eye on this in case you run into trouble. Worst case ... PM me
    06-06-08 09:10 PM
    -----

Thanks, amazinglygraceless. I'm weary now. I'll take it up again tomorrow.

-----
    06-06-08 11:11 PM
    The Blackberry Browser does have an address bar.

Click the menu button, choose "go to..."

You will be take to the address entry page.
    06-07-08 12:03 AM
    -----

I tried one last time to email the Link and a few minutes later it came to my phone. Oh brother. I still don't know how to do a download that's any tougher than that. I copied all your advice here for future reference, I know I'll need it, thank you very much.

One last thing, does anyone know of a Browser that has an actual address bar and that works faster than the BB Browser?

Edit....reeneebob, we must have been typing at the same time. Thanks

-----
    Last edited by cbmember; 06-07-08 at 12:09 AM.
    06-07-08 12:06 AM
    Honestly, I am not sure how you are finding the BB browser slow...it zooms on my phone. Maybe it's your area/network?

And it does have an actual address bar, honestly. I've used it.
    06-07-08 12:08 AM
    CB can you go to your BB Browser, click menu, and go to options? Go to browser configuration and see what settings you have. Don't have it on WAP browser, if that is the first thing you see in your browser configuration change it to internet browser.

Also, on the browser configuration page scroll to the bottom. The second to last option should say "Start Page" on the left, and if you have anything other than "start page" showing on the right side, highlight and click it and select "start page" from the menu.

That will start your browser from the address bar page by default.
    06-07-08 12:11 AM
    -----

My home page address at the bottom says: http://mobile.vzwapp.com. How do I change that (wapp)? Edit...I just checked Under General Properties, it says: Internet Browser (it gives no other option)

Also, two things above are not check-marked, Support JavaScript and Support Embedded Media. Should it be different from that?

-----
    Last edited by cbmember; 06-10-08 at 01:06 AM.
    06-10-08 01:02 AM
    CB go back to browser configuration and try to get your settings as close as possible to this.

I say close because we have different models, so I'm not sure if they'll be exactly the same. But with this config I have no problems on any site I visit.
    Let me know if this helps
    06-10-08 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD