I have a bunch of applications on my BlackBerry that I don't want on there (Flickr, MySpace, Social Beat, NFL Mobile & more) and I can't figure out how to delete them. I went under Options > Applications > Third Party (add-on & core as well) and I cannot find the applications in those lists. I don't want to just "hide" them, I want them gone. Can anyone help me?
    06-27-10 12:28 AM
    As far as I know they are core Verizon apps and cannot be deleted. Maybe try deleting them through dm.
    06-27-10 12:36 AM
    Go to advanced options>service book>menu>delete. Hope this helps.
    06-27-10 12:40 AM
    Hide them and be done with them.

They are pushed by your carrier. Even if you delete them they will return every time
    you restart your phone or whenever your service books are resent (by you or by
    your carrier) or change to a different theme.

If it makes you feel better they ARE NOT applications. They are launcher icons
    that gives you an easy way to install the actual application should you wish. They
    take up so little memory that worrying about them is pointless.
    06-27-10 12:55 AM
    Go to advanced options>service book>menu>delete. Hope this helps.
    If you do this, they will just get pushed back to the device by the carrier.

As noted above, just hide them and forget about them.
    06-27-10 07:04 AM
    The icons don't take up any of your memory and the only way to get rid of them is to hide them /move to a folder you don't use. You can't just delete them Verizon sends out and we have no control over it
    06-27-10 03:47 PM
    Something I do is to create a folder named Junk and move all the crap like that into it and then just hide the Junk folder. No Muss, no Fuss....
    06-27-10 03:52 PM
    Yup, there is not way to delete them forever but they are not apps. They are just icons that take you to a website to install the actual app. They do not take up much space. Just hide them and forget about them.
    06-27-10 04:12 PM
    Something I do is to create a folder named Junk and move all the crap like that into it and then just hide the Junk folder. No Muss, no Fuss....
    I do the exact same thing, except my folder is named "Crap"
    06-27-10 04:27 PM
    I have no idea why these icons bother people so much. ???
    06-27-10 04:33 PM
    They don't bother me at all... after I have hid them. Before they are hidden, they bother me because they clutter up the app screen and make it hard to find what I am looking for.
    06-27-10 04:53 PM
    I guess part of it is the lack of control over them. It's my phone, that I paid my dollars for, using a service that I pay more dollars for and my carrier insist on shoving this junk down my throat with no way to make them stop. I wouldn't like it if my cable tv company came into my house and plastered advertisements all over my personally owned tv, and this is really no different. Who, me? A crotchety old fart? Nah
    06-27-10 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD