Hee, hee...we're kindred spirits then...I'm going vegan...
    Vegan is good, that's how I started out back in the 70's. I found it too difficult though, to get both the nutrition I needed, along with a diet I liked (back then, finding rennetless cheese was near impossible and I missed other dairy products as well). Ultimately, I decided that MODERATION was key and after that, there really wasn't much ado to be made. After 35 years of not eating meat, I still enjoy the smell of a burgers grilling in the neighborhood, though I have no desire to have one. I think it was just once, back when I was on a vegan diet, that I was visiting my mother who by then had a new love in her life. I spent the night at their house in New York City. They had already had their dinner when I got back home and I was in the kitchen when I spotted a dish coverd with aluminum foil. Instantly, I knew what it was, I recognized it from when I was a kid...MEAT LOAF! Man, I so loved my Mom's meatloaf, LOL. I broke down and snuck a bite (just one) and that was the very last time I had beef.

Boy, talk about going off topic! Hmmm....are REAL BlackBerry men and women vegans? Somehow, I suspect that category would belong to iPhone users, LOL!
    03-30-10 10:02 PM
    Vegan is good, that's how I started out back in the 70's. I found it too difficult though, to get both the nutrition I needed, along with a diet I liked (back then, finding rennetless cheese was near impossible and I missed other dairy products as well). Ultimately, I decided that MODERATION was key and after that, there really wasn't much ado to be made. After 35 years of not eating meat, I still enjoy the smell of a burgers grilling in the neighborhood, though I have no desire to have one. I think it was just once, back when I was on a vegan diet, that I was visiting my mother who by then had a new love in her life. I spent the night at their house in New York City. They had already had their dinner when I got back home and I was in the kitchen when I spotted a dish coverd with aluminum foil. Instantly, I knew what it was, I recognized it from when I was a kid...MEAT LOAF! Man, I so loved my Mom's meatloaf, LOL. I broke down and snuck a bite (just one) and that was the very last time I had beef.

Boy, talk about going off topic! Hmmm....are REAL BlackBerry men and women vegans? Somehow, I suspect that category would belong to iPhone users, LOL!
    Energy, I hear you! Trust me, it's not easy to turn your back on a Cuban Christmas pork roast!!!

Well, I think statistically speaking more vegans are likely to be iPhone users than Blackberry users. iPhone users tend to be more in the "soft" sciences and arts while the Blackberry crowd is more into enforcement and the financial sectors.

Well, yeah, that's right.

And in choosing a Blackberry, the user should really go more with what they feel the device will bring to them rather than what that same device will bring someone else. Exampe, my Mum. She is really at the top of the line as far as she's concerned. She's got the 8310 and I've been really wanting to upgrade her to the 8900 or 8520. But really, for her needs, her 8310 is perfect and I'd actually be confusing her if I got her something else. She had me late in life, I was a SURPRISE!!!! baby, so she's weeeell into her mid 80s. Her 8310 is fine!

There - back on topic.....
    03-31-10 02:48 AM
    Yeah, there are a few decision points that have been brought up in the convos above. Basically - 3 main decisions.

1) Do you like / can you handle the storm 2's touchscreen functionality. If it works for you, this might be your best choice. The hardware is very similar to the tour under the hood, and it's a great advantage to have the big screen. A LOT of folks aren't fans of the touchscreen and the bugs that come with it though.

2) Do you prefer a physical keyboard? If so, there are two options - Tour and Curve. The tour is a bit beefier under the hood, but also a bit more expensive. Also, if you prefer the trackpad of the curve over the trackball of the tour, maybe you should look at the curve. If you have no preference, Do you plan on traveling globally? If so, you should stick with the tour. Also, the Curve has WiFi! If this is important to you, move on from the tour. If you don't even know how WiFi might help you, you can disregard this little feature tidbit.

3) If you enjoy the trackpad of the curve, and aren't going outside of the states, the curve is probably your best option. It's a) the cheapest and b) absolutely going to serve your needs. Just was playing with a friend's yesterday, and it's snappy, easy to use, and a great phone.

Really - It's hard to compare BB's based on "intent". In other words, the storm and curve might be more "entertainment" phones, and the tour might be more business, but the tour can do anything the storm and curve can do, and vice versa. The major decision points are all in 1, 2, and 3 above. The OS is all 5.0, the apps are available for all 3, all 3 can play music, etc. etc.

Finally, As folks have mentioned, you can expect the Tour2/Essex to arrive at VZW in the next few months. If you can wait, this makes your decision a bit easier. It's going to be more pricy, but will be the best of the Curve and Tour worlds. Wifi, Trackpad, etc. Don't expect anything else though - just a merging of the best features of both phones. Essentially, your decision (irrespective of price) becomes between a touchscreen and physical keyboard.

Personally speaking - I use the Tour. I travel outside of the states here and there, and like that it's a little beefier under the hood. All that said, I got it before the Curve was released I have played with the curve a bit, as I said, and I enjoy the trackpad more than the trackball. If I were making this decision again though, I would still go with the Tour (sans WiFi, sans TrackPad) just because of the global functionality.

Hope that helps answer your question once and for all. Take decision points 1, 2, and 3 with you to your VZW store and try out all three devices, paying special attention to things like input method (physical vs virtual keyboards, trackpad vs trackball), and what's important to you when you use the phone (global, wifi, media (full touchscreen)).

Good luck!
    03-31-10 11:08 AM
    Oh my... Pernil, right? Wow, I used to so love that stuff! I'm sure it would taste better if eaten while perusing the web on your BB (keeping it on topic).

Energy, I hear you! Trust me, it's not easy to turn your back on a Cuban Christmas pork roast!!!There - back on topic.....
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 03-31-10 at 03:21 PM.
    03-31-10 01:31 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD