I got a BlackBerry 8520 phone and I was just amazed on the things they said about blackberry.I am having a hard time using its features. The led lights,the free internet(theysaid) and everything! I really need help to maximize the use of my black berry. Thanks for the helpful reply
    05-31-11 02:07 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry! Here is a great forum to read all about your new berry!

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-help
    05-31-11 02:17 AM
    THANKS!that was good but... can you specifically answer my question? i really am having a hard time ;(
    05-31-11 02:32 AM
    Who said "free internet"?
    Do you have an active BLACKBERRY Data Plan from your service provider?
    And what about the "led lights"?

You need to give more specific details in order for people to be able to give you assistance.
    05-31-11 05:58 AM
    Oh.. sorry bout that. I heard about the thing that you just have to register then you can acces the internet? Just wana confirm that if that is true.

I heard about that in BlackBerry Curve 8520 you can change the lights? How could I change? Ex. When I received a SMS message, the light goes blue for a specific pwerson.I heard that there is a program for that?

Last one is, I read about the themes in blackberry and tried downloading it. Afterwhich I put it in my BB curve 8520 then I can't find the theme in my themes option.

P.S.
    Motorcycle mama I'm sorry bout giving few details about my problem as a newbie. Afterall I am a newbie.: ) thanks for answering
    05-31-11 06:08 AM
    You need a BLACKBERRY Data Plan active from your carrier/service provider in order to access data features such as the internet.

You need a third party application such as BeBuzz in order to have custom LED notifications for things such as SMS.

If the themes are not showing up under the themes section, then that means that the theme is not compatible with your device model number, or the device OS version on your BlackBerry, or both.

Take some time to read through the Help and BlackBerry 101 Lectures linked above.

No problem asking questions.
    05-31-11 06:16 AM
    WOW! That is the answer I've been looking for MONTHS!
    Ohh.. THANKS! So the downloading of that program the thing with the LED lights is the same as the themes?
    yeah... ive been trying to understand that. Thank alot!
    05-31-11 06:49 AM
    Ohh.. THANKS! So the downloading of that program the thing with the LED lights is the same as the themes?
    No, it is not.

BeBuzz --> allows you to customise LED-Settings, e.G. if my wife calls flash red, if my mom calls flash blue, if I get Twitter Updates flash green and so on.
    Themes --> Change the Look of your Homescreen / Menus
    05-31-11 07:54 AM
    Downloading themes and apps is the same process, if that's what you mean. However, themes and apps are not the same things.

Also, in regards to the "free" internet:
    On the BB, you'll need, as said, a BIS data plan. Internet is included in this. You are still subject to any data caps (and overage costs) set by your carrier. One way you can avoid some of the overages is by using wi-fi for internet connections. (I can't recall if you can use wi-fi or not if you do not have a data plan.) When you are using wi-fi, you aren't using the carrier's data plan, you're connected via whoever's wi-fi.
    05-31-11 07:56 AM
    Ohh.. I understand. Thank for all your help.

I tried downloading the BeBuzz for Blackberry curve gemini 8520 but it always get an error when I select on bebuzz on my phone. Any recommendations? If I need to download again or I downloaded a wrong bebuzz please can you give me a link?
    when I open it it says like this:
    error starting berrybuzz:
    Class
    'net.rim.device.api.ui.Scroll
    View' not found.
    05-31-11 09:58 AM
    Ohh.. I understand. Thank for all your help.

I tried downloading the BeBuzz for Blackberry curve gemini 8520 but it always get an error when I select on bebuzz on my phone. Any recommendations? If I need to download again or I downloaded a wrong bebuzz please can you give me a link?
    when I open it it says like this:
    error starting berrybuzz:
    Class
    'net.rim.device.api.ui.Scroll
    View' not found.
    You downloaded the wrong version of Bebuzz or Berrybuzz depending on where you got it... Go to the CB store and find Bebuzz and make sure you choose the correct OS version for your device. If you have trouble here go to Bellshare - Premium BlackBerry Apps the developer of Berrybuzz and you can get it there as well.
    05-31-11 06:41 PM
    Okay. Let me try this one. thanks again for helping me!
    05-31-11 10:47 PM
    Okay. Let me try this one. thanks again for helping me!
    You might want to upgrade you device, just in case... That's the kind of error that usually relates to OS version issues... Even if it isn't keeping the device updated is always good.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-lecture-series

Come say hi to yout "brothers and sisters".
    BlackBerry Curve 85xx
    05-31-11 10:54 PM
    THANNNNSKKSKSkS! DUDE! I finally downloaded it but the trial version! but itts aweweeeesomme!

What other apps do you think is awesome and useful?
    06-01-11 12:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD