I'm craving a storm 2 realllllly bad. I haven't played with one but I love BB's and touch screen phones. So I figured the Storm 2 would be perfect.

Anyways, I am on AT&T so I understand I have to use EDGE.
    If I buy a phone not unlocked what do I have to do to be able to use everything on the phone?
    Is it worth getting a phone without 3G when I can get one with 3G, thing is every time I look at the storm2 I have to clean myself up after wards.

IMO it simply looks amazing.

Also how is EDGE compared to 3G? I've heard and read mixed feelings about it, but I'm asking people who actually use it now, what is your personal opinion on EDGE over 3G?

I just don't want to kick my self in the arse later for not getting an AT&T 3G.
    I was looking at the bold 9700 but i know for a fact I will beat myself up later for not getting another touch screen.

Please be straight up honest with me about EDGE compared to 3G if it sucks and it's not worth spending almost 400.00 on a phone and can't use 3G TELL ME.

Thanks everyone
    Jon
    04-07-10 08:16 PM
    My home city is EDGE only, where I work is 3G. There is definitely a difference, but if I wanted the phone, I'd get it and not let EDGE/3G sway me.

We are "supposed" to be getting 3G this summer or fall, but I've been hearing that for over 2 years now.
    04-07-10 08:24 PM
    My home city is EDGE only, where I work is 3G. There is definitely a difference, but if I wanted the phone, I'd get it and not let EDGE/3G sway me.

We are "supposed" to be getting 3G this summer or fall, but I've been hearing that for over 2 years now.
    Well how much of a difference are we talking about?
    I understand there is a difference but by how much?
    04-07-10 08:28 PM
    I'm using the Storm on Edge, and it's really not bad at all. The browser has been steadily improving and loading up pages is quite fast. I can refresh these forums (cached of course) in about five seconds on average. Also keep in mind the Storm2 has Wifi, so if you have access to a hotspot, you'll have it made.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 08:40 PM
    What is EDGE? lol.. no seriously, i never heard of it
    04-07-10 08:43 PM
    I'm using the Storm on Edge, and it's really not bad at all. The browser has been steadily improving and loading up pages is quite fast. I can refresh these forums (cached of course) in about five seconds on average. Also keep in mind the Storm2 has Wifi, so if you have access to a hotspot, you'll have it made.

Well that's not bad at all. What would you consider a hot spot?
    I have wireless internet does that mean I can connect to it with the wifi?

What is EDGE? lol.. no seriously, i never heard of it
    it's 2g rather then 3g from my understanding, EDGE is what was offered before 3G
    04-07-10 08:47 PM
    Well how much of a difference are we talking about?
    I understand there is a difference but by how much?
    I guess I have never measured it.

I'll let someone else answer your question.
    04-07-10 08:49 PM
    Good deal.

Thanks
    04-07-10 09:29 PM
    Sorry. I shouldn't call it a hotspot. That is usually a pay per use Wifi area. Anyways, if you have wireless at home, you will be able to connect to it with your Storm2 and it should be very fast. One major difference you'll notice (and perhaps the greatest downside) is that you may not be able to stream videos.

04-07-10 09:31 PM
    I live 30 miles from 3G coverage, so Im always on AT&T EDGE. While its not quite as fast as 3G, its pretty close.
    04-07-10 09:33 PM
    Sorry. I shouldn't call it a hotspot. That is usually a pay per use Wifi area. Anyways, if you have wireless at home, you will be able to connect to it with your Storm2 and it should be very fast. One major difference you'll notice (and perhaps the greatest downside) is that you may not be able to stream videos.

What do you stream videos????
    04-07-10 09:39 PM
    we already went over this in your other thread a few days ago. we told you that there is mostly a difference in tethering speeds, however on the device they all feel the same for the most part. there is decent increase in speed during speed tests, but the true "feel" of the speeds may not seem that different at all. the one true good thing about having 3G is being able to use voice and data at the same time. unless you are connected to a wifi connection, you cant do that on EDGE. if you want the Storm 2, and want to use it on EDGE only, you probably will be pleased with it. as long as you can sacrifice not using any data (no email, no BBM, no internet) while on a phone call unless you are on wifi.
    04-07-10 10:13 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/blac...ge-how-447918/

We will keep this to one thread.
    04-07-10 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD