Ok, so at the moment I do not have a blackberry but I've been seriously looking into one since about May. I've been looking forward to the Blackberry Bold but now that it has been delayed for awhile, I've gotten so anxious for it, but now I'll pretty much settle for anything.

I just got a job for a marketing company, and I'll be starting college in the fall. I need a phone that will keep me organized. I love a lot of the features on the blackberry bold, (the faster processor and the iTunes inegration, etc. just overall everything) however I don't know if I can wait a whole 2 months for it, when I already have.

What would be the pros and cons in waiting for the Bold, and the pros and cons of just buying a Curve today?
    06-26-08 12:14 PM
    How do you set up a curve with a gmail account?
    06-26-08 12:20 PM
    Welcome to CB. It could be Novemember when it comes out who knows. If you are willing to wait then get the bold. If you cant wait get the Curve its a great phone.
    06-26-08 12:23 PM
    You should start a new thread for that post...or better still do some research on CB and find dozens of topics discussing that issue. Its not only bad etiquette to post the way you have posted but its also rude the original poster.
    06-26-08 12:25 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!

Always nice to see another cutie on the boards
    06-26-08 12:27 PM
    Ezfreezy....the biggest pro is that you get your phone right away! Who knows when the bold will be released plus the curve will satisfy all your needs....apart from the itunes and other such stuff. But then...for your college requirements the Curve is more than what you'll need.
    06-26-08 12:27 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!

Always nice to see another cutie on the boards
    Are you cheating on me??

Anyhow, it would be in your best interest, OP, to go ahead and snatch up the Curve. There is no official release date as of yet for the Bold. And seeing as this is to be your first Blackberry device, the Curve would probably be more "user friendly" and better fit your needs. Plus, it's just an all-around great device. I have one, and I couldn't be happier.
    06-26-08 12:31 PM
    What would be the pros and cons in waiting for the Bold, and the pros and cons of just buying a Curve today?
    It may seem obvious, but it will be hard to be patient and wait for the Bold to be released, especially since no date has been announced.

The Curve is still a strong device that is amazingly functional and awesome!!

I love my Curve and I will not be trading in once the Bold lands. I would rather wait it out a little longer with my trusty Curve than to jump ship and get a brand new device. I am sure the Bold will be f*ckin' sick... but it will prob be fairly expensive, and it could still have some minor bugs when release. Who knows??

Some pros for the Curve: (not that the Bold will not have 2 and 3!)
    1) Available NOW
    2) Great application support
    3) Very usable and functional

The Curve with a Media Card and an OS upgrade is a great device!! Add some third party apps and customize your phone how you like... and you are ready to rock!!

If you can muster up enough patience to wait for the Bold, then power to you! I would fall into the addiction and get a Curve... then you can always upgrade down the road
    06-26-08 12:32 PM
    Are you cheating on me??

Anyhow, it would be in your best interest, OP, to go ahead and snatch up the Curve. There is no official release date as of yet for the Bold. And seeing as this is to be your first Blackberry device, the Curve would probably be more "user friendly" and better fit your needs. Plus, it's just an all-around great device. I have one, and I couldn't be happier.
    No Jenay... not cheating!!

Besides, it isn't cheating when we aren't official yet... is it?!

I know you are ultimately the best cutie on Crackberry! for sure
    06-26-08 12:34 PM
    No Jenay... not cheating!!

Besides, it isn't cheating when we aren't official yet... is it?!

I know you are ultimately the best cutie on Crackberry! for sure
    Aww, and stuff.
    06-26-08 12:36 PM
    Talk about hijacking a thread!!! Use the search function on this site to answer your question. Better yet read the rules for this forum or go to the lil tab on the top right that says newbies and read that.
    06-26-08 12:40 PM
    Thank you for all these replies! I think I am going to get the Curve This helped a lot, thanks again!
    06-26-08 12:42 PM
    Oh yea get the curve, you will love it. and welcome to CB
    06-26-08 12:43 PM
    Thank you for all these replies! I think I am going to get the Curve This helped a lot, thanks again!
    Yeah, no prob

You will definitely like it a ton!! And there is sooooo so so much info on this site at your disposal to learn more about your Curve and all the neat crap it can do!
    06-26-08 12:44 PM
    Yeah, no prob

You will definitely like it a ton!! And there is sooooo so so much info on this site at your disposal to learn more about your Curve and all the neat crap it can do!

Do you know if I were to buy one today, which OS would it be? :[ /noob
    06-26-08 12:47 PM

Do you know if I were to buy one today, which OS would it be? :[ /noob
    OS = 4.3
    06-26-08 12:47 PM
    OS = 4.3
    Perfect,
    06-26-08 12:49 PM
    OS = 4.3
    The OS for ATT (assuming she stays with them) is still OS 4.2.xxx

Sorry, Jenay... but I think you are outta your game today! haha

And she could always upgrade it to an OS 4.5 Beta (or the official once it is released!!)
    06-26-08 12:54 PM
    The OS for ATT (assuming she stays with them) is still OS 4.2.xxx

Sorry, Jenay... but I think you are outta your game today! haha

And she could always upgrade it to an OS 4.5 Beta (or the official once it is released!!)
    Pfft. I didn't assume she would stick with ATT

I have 4.3 on my Verizon device.
    06-26-08 12:55 PM
    Pfft. I didn't assume she would stick with ATT

I have 4.3 on my Verizon device.
    O snap!!

Well, let's just say:

ATT and TMo : OS 4.2.xx is officially supported
    VZW and Sprint : OS 4.3.xx is officially supported

Or, on ATT and TMo you can just upgrade to OS 4.5 Beta releases!
    06-26-08 12:57 PM
    I wouldn't recommend the 4.5 Beta to someone who has never owned a BB before, especially with all the known bugs. It could totally mess her device up or put her off BBs altogether!!

I won't even mess with the 4.5 until a stable version is officially released. SHUDDER.
    06-26-08 01:00 PM
    I wouldn't recommend the 4.5 Beta to someone who has never owned a BB before, especially with all the known bugs. It could totally mess her device up or put her off BBs altogether!!

I won't even mess with the 4.5 until a stable version is officially released. SHUDDER.
    Understandable, but the point still remains... JenayLoses this time!!

Because... the OP is on ATT... so the supported OS is 4.2!!

Got 'em
    06-26-08 01:02 PM
    (Although I am mistaken, I still win. )
    06-26-08 01:05 PM
    I think She will always WIN
    06-26-08 01:08 PM
    (Although I am mistaken, I still win. )
    Yeah... you have your convincing ways...

Congrats on the 1200th post!! shiiiiiit
    06-26-08 01:08 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD