Yeah... you have your convincing ways...

Congrats on the 1200th post!! shiiiiiit
    Haha I didn't notice... Thank you!!!
    06-26-08 01:11 PM
    Aw, I am staying with AT&T. How do I get 4.5?
    06-26-08 01:13 PM
    Once you have your curve... PM me and I can help walk you through it.

Or there are multiple threads on here that would probably help!

It is really simple (if everything goes as planned). I might suggest waiting until the officially supported OS 4.5 release is available... hopefully in the next month
    06-26-08 01:15 PM
    The Curve is my first BB and the learning curve, HA, is very short. It's so easy to use!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 01:18 PM
    Yes, please definitely take our advice and stick with 4.2 until you get more comfourtable and used to navigating your Blackberry, and until they release the official 4.5. The beta version that is out now has bugs in it, and you just plain don't wanna mess with it. Trust me.
    06-26-08 01:21 PM
    06-26-08 01:22 PM
    Yes, please definitely take our advice and stick with 4.2 until you get more comfourtable and used to navigating your Blackberry, and until they release the official 4.5. The beta version that is out now has bugs in it, and you just plain don't wanna mess with it. Trust me.
    I'll come back when I need it. I'm a quick learner so hopefully I won't get sick of it. Has anyone gotten sick of it because all I hear are good reviews!
    06-26-08 01:27 PM
    Exactly!! But the article you mention, Jenay, is about CDMA OS 4.5 Beta releases... which are totally different than the GSM ones.

But the point remains, your Berry will be most stable and most usable running the supported OS that comes loaded on the phone. Once OS 4.5 goes official then I would highly recommend the upgrade. I have a beta release (4.5.44) and some of the features are great!! But... there are still some very minor bugs
    06-26-08 01:27 PM
    [QUOTE=bmcclure937;430464]Exactly!! But the article you mention, Jenay, is about CDMA OS 4.5 Beta releases... which are totally different than the GSM ones.

Sigh... You just wanna call me out today, huh...
    06-26-08 01:32 PM
    Aw I am so excited now, before I was like ehh about the Curve. I have used it before, my best friend has one and I've stolen it from her for a few days.

So just once more :[, there aren't really any cons of the Curve?
    06-26-08 01:33 PM
    Aw I am so excited now, before I was like ehh about the Curve. I have used it before, my best friend has one and I've stolen it from her for a few days.

So just once more :[, there aren't really any cons of the Curve?
    I don't really see anything wrong with the Curve at all!! It could use a little more internal memory (for sure), but you can follow guides to free up memory and manage your memory... and it is really simple and helpful. I actually have links for a couple in my signature!!

Definitely get a microSD card for your Berry... and it will help with memory a lot as well. You can score a 2Gb for as little as 10 bucks to an 8Gb for about $45!! But, the Curve is a really great device... and (IMO) is far better than the Pearl or the other berries available right now!

You will really enjoy all the functionality. The QWERTY key pad and nice screen are really great features!!
    06-26-08 01:37 PM
    Sigh... You just wanna call me out today, huh...
    Sorry Jenay I am not trying to call you out... you are just outta your game today!! haha

Jenay has to lose from time to time!! And I gotcha
    06-26-08 01:39 PM
    You can Also Listen to your Music and Browse the Internet,, I am Really enjoying My Curve, I think you will too. You can always upgrade Later.
    06-26-08 01:42 PM
    I don't really see anything wrong with the Curve at all!! It could use a little more internal memory (for sure), but you can follow guides to free up memory and manage your memory... and it is really simple and helpful. I actually have links for a couple in my signature!!

Definitely get a microSD card for your Berry... and it will help with memory a lot as well. You can score a 2Gb for as little as 10 bucks to an 8Gb for about $45!! But, the Curve is a really great device... and (IMO) is far better than the Pearl or the other berries available right now!

You will really enjoy all the functionality. The QWERTY key pad and nice screen are really great features!!
    is there any way to upgrade memory on a blackberry?

i'd prob buy a 4gig, i'm getting a macbook for college this summer and it comes with a free itouch for music, i just need the bberry for phone/text/organization.
    06-26-08 01:45 PM
    Sorry Jenay I am not trying to call you out... you are just outta your game today!! haha

Jenay has to lose from time to time!! And I gotcha
    Grrr.

Anyways... Of course, ez, there are cons to every device. But the pros of the Curve much outweigh anything bad.. In fact, I can't even think of anything I don't like about my phone. My screen gets fingerprints easily and it bugs me but... I mean really!!

I will warn you of THIS though: The dreaded memoury leak.

Most Blackberry devices come with 64MB of flash memoury. Installing apps, running programs, and just using your phone on a daily basis uses memoury. Once your memoury drops down below 10MB, your phone will begin dumping your call log, emails, and sms messages. Irritating! You can, however, avoid this by doing simple things to keep your memoury clear. IE - Properly closing out programs, clearing your internet cache, doing regular battery pulls, using a memoury card, etc.

Read and check around on these forums..... There is soo much information that will he helpful to you.
    06-26-08 01:48 PM

i'd prob buy a 4gig, i'm getting a macbook for college this summer and it comes with a free itouch for music, i just need the bberry for phone/text/organization.
    No... You can use a memoury card for media, but other than that, you cannot install more flash memoury.
    06-26-08 01:49 PM
    Ok, once again thanks.
    06-26-08 01:51 PM
    Grrr.

Anyways... Of course, ez, there are cons to every device. But the pros of the Curve much outweigh anything bad.. In fact, I can't even think of anything I don't like about my phone. My screen gets fingerprints easily and it bugs me but... I mean really!!

I will warn you of THIS though: The dreaded memoury leak.

Most Blackberry devices come with 64MB of flash memoury. Installing apps, running programs, and just using your phone on a daily basis uses memoury. Once your memoury drops down below 10MB, your phone will begin dumping your call log, emails, and sms messages. Irritating! You can, however, avoid this by doing simple things to keep your memoury clear. IE - Properly closing out programs, clearing your internet cache, doing regular battery pulls, using a memoury card, etc.

Read and check around on these forums..... There is soo much information that will he helpful to you.
    Jenay... I figured you would have optimized your OS to save memory!! I have not run into any of the mentioned issues on my Curve. I know these issues are common on the Pearl, but the Curve has much more memory capacity!

If you have never read Stoner's guide to free up memory, it is an interesting read!! Check for the link in my sig
    06-26-08 02:22 PM

Nice choice on the computer for school!! I have been a Mac Use and Apple Fanatic my whole life!! great to have another Mac user on the forum
    06-26-08 02:25 PM
    Nice choice on the computer for school!! I have been a Mac Use and Apple Fanatic my whole life!! great to have another Mac user on the forum
    Even better when you a MAC user/fanatic but also a berry user/fanatic. Not going with the hype *cough* Iphony *cough*
    06-26-08 02:32 PM
    I don't understand why you HAVE to be all about blackberry/windows OR apple, and you can't use both. :/
    I'm a fanatic of neither, I enjoy both though.
    06-26-08 03:20 PM
    I've used Mac and Windows all my life, but I prefer Mac by far.
    06-26-08 03:20 PM
    Jenay... I figured you would have optimized your OS to save memory!! I have not run into any of the mentioned issues on my Curve. I know these issues are common on the Pearl, but the Curve has much more memory capacity!

If you have never read Stoner's guide to free up memory, it is an interesting read!! Check for the link in my sig
    I don't have memoury issues on my Curve - I have 96MB.

Anyhow.... I know about the memoury saving thingie, but she will not have done that yet when she gets her new Berry. Just warning her.
    06-26-08 03:24 PM
    I've used Mac and Windows all my life, but I prefer Mac by far.
    Same... I think we need to hook up some time soon *cough*cough*

Sorry Jenay she has more in common... and you still like Miller Lite. LMAO
    06-26-08 03:26 PM
    I don't understand why you HAVE to be all about blackberry/windows OR apple, and you can't use both. :/
    I'm a fanatic of neither, I enjoy both though.
    I have a mac book also, and i use a berry. I am just saying not all mac/apple people prefer the iphone. or have to use an iphone just cuz they have a mac. and i am not putting down the iphone either i just prefer the berry.
    06-26-08 03:26 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD