Alright.. I have been using the blackberry a lot since I got it and I really really like it.. But I have found that when I'm typing on the computer I am constantly pressing the space bar twice to add a period like I do on the blackberry.. Obviously this does nothing more than spread out those two words and does not capitalize the next letter

Is there an autoscript or little utility app out there to make my computer function the way my blackberry does when I press the spacebar twice?

Thanks for any help with this... Blackberry it appears has ruined me

Mark
    06-08-09 02:24 PM
    I think you need something like a small driver plugin to do this as you are talking about intercepting it all the time and not just in one app that's written to do it.

I don't think anything like this exists and I am too lazy to make one for you.

Perhaps someone else will take pity on the hardcore BB typists and do this for you.
    06-08-09 03:05 PM
    I think you need something like a small driver plugin to do this as you are talking about intercepting it all the time and not just in one app that's written to do it.

I don't think anything like this exists and I am too lazy to make one for you.

Perhaps someone else will take pity on the hardcore BB typists and do this for you.
    It wouldn't need to be all that involved. I have an autohotkey script that I use for autocorrecting and I have almost figured it out. But I have to put in three spaces for some strange reason. Works perfect except one too many spaces

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 03:15 PM
    Woooow. Just hit the period button man lol takes 1 second. And have you googled. Found some helpful information in a single search that wasn't in the blackberry discussion. Good luck.
    06-08-09 03:22 PM
    Woooow. Just hit the period button man lol takes 1 second. And have you googled. Found some helpful information in a single search that wasn't in the blackberry discussion. Good luck.
    Hey Jorb,

Thanks so much for the tip on how to use a period on my computer keyboard. True... it is plenty fast to add a period on a computer "on-the-fly" however... my issue is that I'm using the blackberry SO much... that it is effecting my habits even on a computer and I find myself pressing the spacebar 2 times expecting the same result, however it is NOT the same result. So thank you for your solution, it is just unfortunate that it solves a different problem.

As for searching... I've searched plenty. On google as well as scripting to software development forums. I thought someone here might have an idea as we all share a commonality... the blackberry.

Again... thank you for your helpful response. A simple..."I don't know, but that would be cool" would have been better

Mark
    Last edited by cazwell220; 06-08-09 at 03:31 PM.
    06-08-09 03:28 PM
    I can relate, I often hold down keys on my comp to capitalize it etc. I hope someone fellow addict would make an app like that.

06-08-09 03:42 PM
    Hey Jorb,

Thanks so much for the tip on how to use a period on my computer keyboard. True... it is plenty fast to add a period on a computer "on-the-fly" however... my issue is that I'm using the blackberry SO much... that it is effecting my habits even on a computer and I find myself pressing the spacebar 2 times expecting the same result, however it is NOT the same result. So thank you for your solution, it is just unfortunate that it solves a different problem.

As for searching... I've searched plenty. On google as well as scripting to software development forums. I thought someone here might have an idea as we all share a commonality... the blackberry.

Again... thank you for your helpful response. A simple..."I don't know, but that would be cool" would have been better

Mark
    Just remember, his response wasn't as bad as the amount of flaming that this thread might receive.

I think you've got enough answers already and should request that the thread be closed before it gets out of hand and you find yourself defending yourself through every post.
    06-08-09 03:46 PM
    A nice guy over at the AutoHotKey forums named jaco064 created this tiny AHK script that makes your computer perform the "double space" trick from our blackberry's. I figure I'm not the only one that would appreciate this, so I'm going to offer it up to others.

You will need to download and install AutoHotKey which enables the script to work... http://www.autohotkey.com/download/A...keyInstall.exe

Just copy and paste this text into a text file and save it with an .ahk extension.

Begin Copy>>>>>

:*?: ::
    SendInput, . `
    SendInput, {Shift Down}
    Input, key, L1 V T3
    SendInput, {Shift Up}
    return

End Copy>>>>>

That's it... now just put that script in your startup folder and Ta-Da... double space to add a period and capitalize the next word!
    10-25-09 04:53 PM
    I hear you man. I'm always hitting double space for period and expecting my pc to automatically insert apostrophe.

10-25-09 05:35 PM
    This whole thing would be catastrophic in my job, I'm always indenting with spaces. Life would seriously suck if I make my PC do this.
    10-25-09 05:50 PM
    A nice guy over at the AutoHotKey forums named jaco064 created this tiny AHK script that makes your computer perform the "double space" trick from our blackberry's. I figure I'm not the only one that would appreciate this, so I'm going to offer it up to others.

You will need to download and install AutoHotKey which enables the script to work...

Just copy and paste this text into a text file and save it with an .ahk extension.

Begin Copy>>>>>

:*?: ::
    SendInput, . `
    SendInput, {Shift Down}
    Input, key, L1 V T3
    SendInput, {Shift Up}
    return

End Copy>>>>>

That's it... now just put that script in your startup folder and Ta-Da... double space to add a period and capitalize the next word!
    Thank you very much! I use it to write css class and id names
    main space space content
    and voilda
    main_content

it's all about micro efficiency

btw, the above script in my win7 maschine triggered on 1 space. changed it to 2
    01-29-10 02:29 AM
    Thank you very much! I use it to write css class and id names
    main space space content
    and voilda
    main_content

it's all about micro efficiency

btw, the above script in my win7 maschine triggered on 1 space. changed it to 2
    Could you please post the fixed version?
    Thanks
    05-15-13 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD