I have a BlackBerry 7130c it was my brothers and he is really weird and possesive of his things this phone is like 2 or three years old and he will never use it again or sell it but he would never willingly let me have it. i found it under the couch at my moms old house while cleaning. It works fine i had it re-finished and re-painted so that it looks pretty new, i did this wipe but there are some applications and themes that i think he downloaded while he had the phone. I need a way to completely set it back to original applications and im not sure what it came with originally or what was downloaded. If he sees ANY application that he downloaded when he had the phone he is going to flip out at me and throw a hissy fit (he still has the 2 year old "MINE" mentality). Its already going to be suspicious that it is the same model number and he is going to look for the old one in the house so any help on clearing that crap out would be helpfull
    02-26-09 10:31 AM
    Finding a BlackBerry under your couch does not make it yours. If you value your relationship with your Bro, you should talk to him about the situation. Worst case, he demands it be returned.

Your out the cost of a paint job, but you should never have done that in the first place.

It is possible to wipe all the data and setting, it varies by model. In some cases there will be a wipe command in Options, other models require you to trip the password counter to produce a wipe.
    02-26-09 10:48 AM
    My suggetion is that you offer him a few bucks for it. Maybe saying something along these lines. "Hey bro, I found your old blackberry that you lost and I know you are not using it anymore maybe I can give you a few bucks for it and use it as my phone?" I suggest you offer him 20 to 40 dollars for it. Or maybe take him out to dinner for it.

Just a suggestion.
    02-26-09 10:52 AM
    Finding a BlackBerry under your couch does not make it yours. If you value your relationship with your Bro, you should talk to him about the situation. Worst case, he demands it be returned.

Your out the cost of a paint job, but you should never have done that in the first place.

It is possible to wipe all the data and setting, it varies by model. In some cases there will be a wipe command in Options, other models require you to trip the password counter to produce a wipe.
    listen you dont know my brother or me. All i asked was how to clear the crap off of it my brother is spoiled rotten he has had 3 blackberrys since this one (he is 16) it had a crack on the back because he chucked it into the wall when he was mad. i work two jobs to pay for school and my phone just broke and this one was there and free so please do not judge me that is the last thing i need.
    Last edited by grimreaper89; 02-26-09 at 11:02 AM.
    02-26-09 10:59 AM
    My suggetion is that you offer him a few bucks for it. Maybe saying something along these lines. "Hey bro, I found your old blackberry that you lost and I know you are not using it anymore maybe I can give you a few bucks for it and use it as my phone?" I suggest you offer him 20 to 40 dollars for it. Or maybe take him out to dinner for it.

Just a suggestion.
    no i already tried that last year. if he finds out no big ill just give it back id just rather he not he has a temper. they are throwing everything out of my moms place so i can just say it must have got chucked out. the paint job was free anyway. thank you though
    02-26-09 11:01 AM
    listen you dont know my brother or me. All i asked was how to clear the crap off of it ... this one was there and free so please do not judge me that is the last thing i need.
    It is difficult not to judge you, you have admitted to theft and conversion of property. That is a criminal offence. As long as you acknowledge that fact, and accept the consequences of your actions, we can proceed.

02-26-09 11:10 AM
    lol this is a little different than straight up stealing it from a stranger. Obviously that doesn't make it right but it boils down to a silly sibling argument that will lead to a living room wrestling match from what I can tell.
    02-26-09 11:14 AM
    Right we don't know you or your brother so how bout next save the story and ask the question?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 11:36 AM
    man, giving an attitude and yelling yuou dont know me doesnt help. thats the worst way to go about it.
    now, noone will help you here, expecially after the attitude. do a search, its an easy thing to find if you take 5 minutes to do it. in fact, i just did it.
    02-26-09 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD