Hi I currently own an iPhone 4. It has no contract so I can get a new phone anytime soon. I want either an iPhone 5 (or whatever new iPhone they release), a Samsung Galaxy S III (when it's released) or a BB10 Bold. I want a BlackBerry because almost everyone I know uses a BlackBerry and BBM. My iPhone doesn't have BBM (obviously...) , so it'd be easier to keep in touch with my friends.

I don't care about cost since I plan to get my next phone on 3 year contract. But my main question is this: should I get a BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 or wait until a BB10 device comes out. I was looking at the roadmap for RIM in 2012 and thought that the phone codenamed "BlackBerry Nevada" would be an excellent choice but I want a new phone before like September/October-ish so what would be the best choice BlackBerry-wise?

As a side note: I don't want a curve. The keys look tiny and it's has a very plasticy look/feel to it. I don't want a torch either. I want a full BB Bold keyboard.

Thanks in advance!
    04-20-12 08:45 PM
    I would get the 9930 unless BB10 is something you must have. If you look at this forum it has area for pretty much every BlackBerry phone in use. Unlike forums that support just 4 iphone models and phases them completely we have updates and good discussion. At this point we are not even sure when BB10 will be released. I would suggest playing with the Bold phones your friends have. The bottom line is this is your choice and take your time when making this decision .
    04-20-12 08:56 PM
    Wait for news from BlackBerry world in about 12 days.

BB10 will be 4G

The 9900 is H+ on the 4G network
    04-20-12 10:13 PM
    Have you ever had a BB before? If you really want to spend the money on a 99XX then I'd say go for it. You can always sell your iPhone to cover the cost of the BB. Either way I'll be waiting for BB10 as well.
    04-20-12 10:21 PM
    Make sure you do a search for the must have apps in bb world if you are going to the 99xx. Now that I think of it, if money is not a factor, just get the 99xx, and then if you don't like it or when something else comes out, just go buy that out of contract.
    04-20-12 10:24 PM
    Get the 99xx now and test it out! Then, if down the road, you want to trade or sell it, there is a forum on CB to do it with no fees for selling.
    You could also sell your IPhone here too....

http://forums.crackberry.com/marketplace-f14/
    04-20-12 11:08 PM
    Its a loooooooooooooooong time untill sept, oct, nov, dec. No one really knows when BB10 will be out. As everyone has said wait for Blackberry World may 1-3. They will release a ton of new info, products, and hopefully release dates. If I was you, I would sell your iphone and you should be able to get between 300-400 for it. On ebay you can pick up a bold for around 300-350. So I would buy a bold and save your contract for BB10. Again, I would wait to do any of this until May 1st. Maybe RIM will blow our minds and annoucnce BB10 being out this summer
    04-20-12 11:15 PM
    Get what you want, what you're comfortable with, and what has piqued your interest after a comprehensive search on the net of all available reviews. Nothing we say here will convince you one way or the other.
    04-20-12 11:58 PM
    I'd get the Bold 9900 or 9930 now. The end of the year is a long time to be waiting for a new phone, especially since it seems that you want a new one now. I hope the first BB10 devices are exciting and blow people's minds, but it's still really hard for ME to get excited about a full touchscreen phone--I just like the keyboard so much.

I've had my Bold 9900 since August and am still "in love" with it. It is the BlackBerry I had always dreamed of, and RIM really delivered. No, there are no Angry Birds or Skype or Netflix or Words with Friends. But I honestly can't image using any of those apps on my Bold. It's just not what I want in my phone.

The Bold has a great web browser. The only one better is the one on my PlayBook, and BB10 full screen phones will be blow people out of the water if the web browser on them is like the PlayBook's.

There is rarely a spinning clock of waiting on my Bold. I do not have a bunch of apps, but I have the basics... BB Traffic, Pandora, Spotify, Poynt, Shazam, and some of the free ones that RIM gave us like the Pinball one, etc.

The PlayBook is supposedly a glimpse of what BB10 will be... and that's awesome because for the majority of people who DO want a full touchscreen phone, I think RIM will pleasantly surprise them. But I'd like to keep the keyboard on my phones for as long as possible, thats why I'm kind sort of ambivalent about getting a full touchscreen phone, but the wait between a full qwerty one and the launch of the first BB10 one is too long, I'll probably take the plunge..
    04-21-12 12:16 AM
    I own 9810 and I like it a lot but I envy sexy look of 9900. OS7 is just awesome. substantial imrovement over OS 6 and 5 imo. I would get 9900 now and OS10 later. I will be upgrading to os10 as soon as it comes out (needs version with keyboard though )

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    04-21-12 12:37 AM
    You can always check BlackBerry AppWorld to determine whether the applications you want are available for BBOS7.x. Though if email, BBM, and web browsing will be your primary usage of the BlackBerry smartphone, and third-party applications are not important, the array of smartphone models will keep you busy researching them for a couple weeks.
    04-21-12 01:24 AM
    Okay. I think what I'm going to do is wait until after BlackBerry world to see what RIM's official 2012 BB10 roadmap is. Last BlackBerry I've owned was a Curve 8300. I've been getting iPhone's for years and am thinking about switching to BlackBerry again. If the BlackBerry Bold BB10 with QWERTY keyboard comes out within the next 3-4 months then I will wait and get that. But if it's not out until November-2013+ then I will just get a 9900 on month-to-month then when the new BB10 Bold comes out I will get that. Thanks to everyone who replied!
    04-21-12 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD