That doesn't scare me. I'm on my 4th BlackBerry 9630! The Storm 1 users that are switching platforms have been through the worst of it. Some of them had to go through 5+ devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisy520; 01-17-11 at 06:46 AM.
    01-17-11 06:39 AM
    yeah there are several threads with people going thru 5+ storms and tours also. It would seem the QC has degraded alot in the last 3 years as the torch still seems to suffer from a few hardware problems also. I had 1 storm 1 for a year and only 1 storm 2 also. as for the android side, still rocking my launch day Incredible too.
    01-17-11 06:45 AM
    You're a joke kiddo.
    01-17-11 06:48 PM
    If by "toy" you mean completely superior to a pearl flip in EVERY conceivable way, then I concur.
    By toy I mean, it exceeds in gaming and all these bells and whistles, but no where when it comes to an actual phone.
    01-17-11 07:10 PM
    If by "toy" you mean completely superior to a pearl flip in EVERY conceivable way, then I concur.
    Oh it is superior spec-wise, no doubt, but I will admit when the Pearl Flip came out I was impressed with the look of it. I'm not one for flip-phones, but I think its the most attractive to this day.

Also kinda coincidental, I have a friend who had a 9700 that he broke (out of warranty and no insurance) and he texts me asking for help with the trackball lol. I ushered him over to a great deal for one on EBay and told him I'd change it for him. Hopefully it will endure after that. It was a freebie from someone so its a decent holdover I think. Great looking phone for sure.

Mrs. Tokyo, all apologies if I seemed a bit snippy too... Just was in one of those moods. Kick back and hang around CB. We have a whole forum just for the Droiders, and Android Central is a great site but here is better (to me anyway as far as the people lol)

01-17-11 07:26 PM
    Just switched back to android and liking it as well but I didnt feel the need to make some ignorant thread or post bashing certain platforms. There have been a lot of these pointless threads popping up.
    01-17-11 07:51 PM

I jumped ship for DROID and have not looked back.

But this thread isn't a hate thread. It's a THANK YOU thread to all of you who ever commented or created, even to those who made smart remarks to my N00B questions I had when I first got a bberry~

Thank youuuuuuu
    And wish you all luck with your sh!t phones.
    At least those who had the TOUR.

xxox
    Don't let the door hit your a** on your way out...
    01-17-11 08:07 PM
    Ahh yet another narrow minded person with no perspective. If you dont like Blackberry then dont have one and dont come on these forums and bash it. I switched to droid to check it out and it was awful. There are a million of us CB users who tried droid only to come back to the best, but we dont hang out at the Android forums and bash their devices. The best of luck to you if you decided you didnt like blackberry, but we dont log on here to see your sarcastic comments like you have found the light and we are all still in the dark. Most of us have tried "the light" and it sucks.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    01-17-11 09:17 PM
    Just switched back to android and liking it as well but I didnt feel the need to make some ignorant thread or post bashing certain platforms. There have been a lot of these pointless threads popping up.
    Funny, you don't seem to have a problem posting in this thread.

My sister and son jumped from BB into the Android... My sister, she's on her 3rd in a month... My son he's gone through 4 already...

Myself, I don't have the time to mess with such an unreliable device.

This says nothing.. I'm on my 3rd android device in a less than a month.. HOWEVER I went through 7 blackberry tours..

Mrs. Tokyo, all apologies if I seemed a bit snippy too... Just was in one of those moods. Kick back and hang around CB. We have a whole forum just for the Droiders, and Android Central is a great site but here is better (to me anyway as far as the people lol)

Its cool Evan, no hard feelings here. Thanks

Ahh yet another narrow minded person with no perspective. If you dont like Blackberry then dont have one and dont come on these forums and bash it. I switched to droid to check it out and it was awful. There are a million of us CB users who tried droid only to come back to the best, but we dont hang out at the Android forums and bash their devices. The best of luck to you if you decided you didnt like blackberry, but we dont log on here to see your sarcastic comments like you have found the light and we are all still in the dark. Most of us have tried "the light" and it sucks.
    Sir.. Did you read my post at all?
    Lol who am I kidding, of course you didn't.

Not bashing anyone or their opinions, I'm bashing MY phone. MY thread, MY opinion ~

And I'm not narrow minded, and the LAST thing you can say is that I have no perspective!! I've went through 7 (SEVEN) Blackberry Tours, which OBVIOUSLY meant I tried to keep working with phone, which gave me all the more perspective!
    01-19-11 02:10 AM
    Sounds like your phone wears a condom..

01-19-11 06:36 AM
    Google Talk is no BBM, but then again I use Google Talk more than BBM on my BB.
    None of the friends I know with BBs want to use BBM. They all want to use SMS or IM clients (AIM seems to be popular among them - oddly enough). They don't want to install GTalk or WhatsApp because of App Space concerns (Curves are popular, you know).

If BBM also had multi-protocol support (GTalk, MSN, Yahoo, etc.) built into it then it would be a lot better. But on a Blackberry starved for app storage space it's hard to justify keeping it installed over an IM client that other people actually use.

In order to get push messages from thsoe other IM services you have to waste like 10MB+ space on your blackberry installing the RIM apps.

And, you know... While that's peanuts on an Android phone with 1.53GB app space available, that's almost a showstopper on most blackberries.

I don't know how people did it on the older blackberries with only 96-128 MB App Space, and like 30 MB free after the first boot.

Is it that hard for RIM to add App2SD support in an OS update, and apolicy to BES to disallow applications from being installed to the SD card?

At least that way you could buy a cheap blackberry, put a big (8-16+GB) SD card in it and set it to default install apps there, then forget about it.
    01-19-11 08:50 AM
    Love it how you say its not going to be a Hate thread, then post "sh!t Phones" etc.

Knowing this will spark this kind of thread.

:SMH:
    01-19-11 09:08 AM
    None of the friends I know with BBs want to use BBM. They all want to use SMS or IM clients (AIM seems to be popular among them - oddly enough). They don't want to install GTalk or WhatsApp because of App Space concerns (Curves are popular, you know).
    Isnt this called "difference in opinion"

I never talk to my friends on BBM. But i do love talking to people 'across the pond' say for free. It has its uses. I prefer to talk to people without giving out my email address. Just saying.
    01-19-11 09:10 AM
    I was just wondering if you go to another platform why do you stick around? Seven Blackberry Tours? Really? I call bull**** on that one. What reason do you have for going through so many? "Um on this one like the keyboard is way too clicky so I got another one and the keyboard wasn't clicky enough." And you have been through three android devices too? "Um like this one the battery door makes a clicky sound when I text someone and so I got another one and like the volume rocker makes a weird clicky noise and junk."

dodger_moore likes this.
    01-20-11 02:17 AM
    Isnt this called "difference in opinion"

I never talk to my friends on BBM. But i do love talking to people 'across the pond' say for free. It has its uses. I prefer to talk to people without giving out my email address. Just saying.
    WhatsApp doesn't require an Email Address, and you don't need to use AIM for email. You create a free account, go into settings, and Block All Email, which basically shuts the email account off. You can remove Gmail from your Google Account, IIRC. Hotmail and Windows Live, yea, you need an Email account for those. Just saying...

All of those IM services use Data now, and can work off of WiFi. You don't pay to talk to you friends across the pond with them... The only benefit BBM has over something like WhatApp is a little more speed and Group Chat (Group Chat not an advantage over IM services like Windows Live, though).

I personally use Trillian and have migrated most of my IMing to Facebook Chat and Windows Live Messenger only. All the IMs are pushed, and the battery use is minimal even on Android 2.1 (it will be non-factor once I get the Official FroYo update for my phone due to C2DM Push Notifications).

That's not called a difference in opinion. They don't use it, and most of them didn't even know what it was. It was impossible for them to have an opinion about it.
    Last edited by N8ter; 01-20-11 at 08:39 AM.
    01-20-11 08:34 AM
    I was just wondering if you go to another platform why do you stick around? Seven Blackberry Tours? Really? I call bull**** on that one. What reason do you have for going through so many? "Um on this one like the keyboard is way too clicky so I got another one and the keyboard wasn't clicky enough." And you have been through three android devices too? "Um like this one the battery door makes a clicky sound when I text someone and so I got another one and like the volume rocker makes a weird clicky noise and junk."

-_-

IF U MUST KNOW, for the bberrys 4/7 were 100% manufacture error, there was like a sh!tload of recalls for that phone.. And I guess YES here and there a stuck pixel would slap me in the face every now and then.

And as for droid, the two times ive switched my phones were completely legit, and i'd say I've grown as a person since I have a dead pixel on this one, but I'll stick it out.

xx
    01-21-11 01:53 AM

You are way too ahead of yourself. Don't generalise, and don't be presumptuous.
    MrsTokyo likes this.
    01-21-11 03:49 AM
    you'll miss BBM.. they all do.....

I disagree....i honestly dont use BBM at all....i have like 4 friends that have BBs.
    01-21-11 06:22 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD