11-03-14 03:18 AM
31 12
tools
    I remember back in the day when I first got my first BlackBerry and I had that unique email address with the extension xx.blackberry.net.

You felt like you were someone special because you used a device that high tech professionals used and your email extension was unique to the brand.

Sometimes I wish they would go back to using that old Blackberry email system again?
    belfastdispatcher likes this.
    10-30-14 03:56 PM
    I'll sell you a blackberryelite.com email addy, it'll make you feel special again lol.
    bakron1 likes this.
    10-30-14 04:30 PM
    I'll sell you a blackberryelite.com email addy, it'll make you feel special again lol.
    Lol, Good response, I like it
    10-30-14 04:50 PM
    I agree wish BlackBerry still had this email service

Posted via Z30 from the sunny Okanagan
    10-30-14 04:51 PM
    How much???? Do I need to sell a kidney?
    10-30-14 05:08 PM
    Mine still works? Don't really use it much but I still get emails to it.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 10:29 AM
    Would love a Blackberry email address
    10-31-14 07:59 PM
    Me too=( one day I hope something similar will come back

Be proud - BlackBerry by Choice
    10-31-14 08:12 PM
    .....I am a BIG fan of the blackberry.net email system. It was locked, safe and secure and only accessible through the users BB device. BlackBerry should really bring this to BB10, it was a banging feature of the old BBOS. I actually believe that BlackBerry should consider offering its own BlackBerry email service for users of BB devices and/or open to everyone with use on BlackBerry servers, away from prying eyes. Even if they need to offer it as a subscription service to help off-set the cost of the set up, I'm sure plenty of people, including myself, would be willing to pay a small annual fee for this secure service. Unlike Gmail, Yahoo, MS and others which openly intrude on the users personal emails without shame. They are all just privacy breachers, and no email is safe or private through those common services. I believe that this would truly be a money maker for BlackBerry in the long run, as the World continues to recognize the importance of privacy. Perhaps offer it as a FREE service to all BlackBerry device owners/users, and offer the service as a fee to all non-BlackBerry device owners/users. If the non BlackBerry device phone users value their privacy enough, they will pay a small fee for the secure BlackBerry e-mail service, as this will lock in an incentive for BlackBerry as these people would have the choice to change over to buying/using BlackBerry devices and get the service for free, or pay a small fee while choosing to use a non BlackBerry device.
    Last edited by Affinity4BlkBrry; 10-31-14 at 09:53 PM.
    Allwyn John likes this.
    10-31-14 09:15 PM
    I miss it

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 09:19 PM
    Still works on my z30

Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3442
    11-01-14 05:27 AM
    .....I am a BIG fan of the blackberry.net email system. It was locked, safe and secure and only accessible through the users BB device. BlackBerry should really bring this to BB10, it was a banging feature of the old BBOS. I actually believe that BlackBerry should consider offering its own BlackBerry email service for users of BB devices and/or open to everyone with use on BlackBerry servers, away from prying eyes. Even if they need to offer it as a subscription service to help off-set the cost of the set up, I'm sure plenty of people, including myself, would be willing to pay a small annual fee for this secure service. Unlike Gmail, Yahoo, MS and others which openly intrude on the users personal emails without shame. They are all just privacy breachers, and no email is safe or private through those common services. I believe that this would truly be a money maker for BlackBerry in the long run, as the World continues to recognize the importance of privacy. Perhaps offer it as a FREE service to all BlackBerry device owners/users, and offer the service as a fee to all non-BlackBerry device owners/users. If the non BlackBerry device phone users value their privacy enough, they will pay a small fee for the secure BlackBerry e-mail service, as this will lock in an incentive for BlackBerry as these people would have the choice to change over to buying/using BlackBerry devices and get the service for free, or pay a small fee while choosing to use a non BlackBerry device.
    I feel the same way and I would gladly pay a small yearly fee to have it.
    11-01-14 06:38 AM
    Turns out mine still works.?!

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.800 /Telus
    11-01-14 07:46 AM
    Why wouldn't it work?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 07:58 AM
    Why wouldn't it work?

Posted via CB10
    It was to be terminated after 1 Year of activation from the date I upgraded my old phone to my 10 according to the message I got from bb/telus. So Feb 5, 2014 should have been the termination date.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.800 /Telus
    11-01-14 08:03 AM
    Still works on my z30

Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3442
    I seriously doubt that, you mean you can access it on your Z30 or is it forwarded to a different email account?
    11-01-14 08:08 AM
    Blackberry has just had to slim down, and tbh it's better.

There are 2 routes to privacy, large or small.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਾ । ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਹਿ । ।
    11-01-14 10:21 AM
    i seriously doubt that, you mean you can access it on your z30 or is it forwarded to a different email account?

I Miss my old xx.blackberry.net email address-img_20141101_155443.png

z30sta100-2/10.2.1.3442
    11-01-14 10:56 AM
    Not too sure if it's redirect to another email or not but it works well

Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3442
    11-01-14 11:27 AM
    It's a forwarding rule to another integrated email. For those that upgraded to BlackBerry 10 devices, they set a forwarding rule from the blackberry.net address, to an address of your choosing.

However, this is only for one year from time rule is set. This is to allow users time to notify people that their address has been updated.

I personally will not use that address for serious business and conversations. Just for the fact that I can only view on device. If my device is stolen or stops working, I'm out of luck until it is replaced.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 11:38 AM
    I never got the allure of the blackberry.net email addresses....did many people really use this as a main email acct?
    Yep, I did for back in the day
    11-02-14 04:18 AM
    This would definitely be a great idea get to work BlackBerry

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    11-02-14 04:56 AM
    Bottom line it was an email account completely immune from hacking as it could only be accessed on the device.
    11-02-14 05:31 AM
    Those good ol days hmmm

Z30 Beast on Roids..
    11-02-14 05:43 AM
    I wouldn't have a business rely on an email that could only be viewed on the BlackBerry. That's just me

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 08:37 AM
31 12