Ok everyone...I switched to iPhone 4s and yes it was very cool at first with siri and all the apps, butttttttt i miss my blackberry tour. And yes the tour is probably terrible to the new blackberries but i miss the keyboard!! After a while, you realize the main thing you use your phone for is texting and talking. The blackberry is far superior IMO in those two categories. I have not been on this website recently so have not heard any recent news so i appologize if its been posted as I contemplate coming back in the future.

1. Any clue at all when BB 10 will be announced or released?
    2. How are companies reacting to it so far as far as apps go? Will there be some basic apps like angry birds, netflix, etc on BB 10?
    3. Is there going to be a keyboard phone or is BB 10 going straight touch screen?
    4. Blackberry is not going to die any time soon..right?
    5. Is the PlayBook pretty sweet if you own a blackberry? Whats everyones favorite features? How will it change for the good when BB 10 is announced?

Lastly and yes this is a little off topic, but is there anyone to get Blackberry OS as your computer OS (or would you not want too..) I just think it would be cool to be able to unify and sync like apple does I.e. iphone, mac, ipad. Maybe BB 10 will be a OS for computers?!?

Thanks and sorry again for all the questions just havnt been on in a while!
    04-18-12 01:17 PM
    I agree a good qwerty keyboard is a wonderful thing for messaging. The new Bold has the best one pretty much ever on a phone. I've had a Tour and I still own a Bold 9930 my wife uses. If you though the Tour had a good keyboard you will be blown away by the Bold.

The BB10 devices at least at first are not going to have physical keyboards.
    04-18-12 01:26 PM
    Ok everyone...I switched to iPhone 4s and yes it was very cool at first with siri and all the apps, butttttttt i miss my blackberry tour. And yes the tour is probably terrible to the new blackberries but i miss the keyboard!! After a while, you realize the main thing you use your phone for is texting and talking. The blackberry is far superior IMO in those two categories. I have not been on this website recently so have not heard any recent news so i appologize if its been posted as I contemplate coming back in the future.

In the fall-winter if they stay on schedule.
    2. How are companies reacting to it so far as far as apps go? Will there be some basic apps like angry birds, netflix, etc on BB 10?
    More will be known after the May BlackBerry Jam developer meeting
    3. Is there going to be a keyboard phone or is BB 10 going straight touch screen?
    Touch screen only initially
    No, it will not.
    5. Is the PlayBook pretty sweet if you own a blackberry? Whats everyones favorite features? How will it change for the good when BB 10 is announced?

Lastly and yes this is a little off topic, but is there anyone to get Blackberry OS as your computer OS (or would you not want too..) I just think it would be cool to be able to unify and sync like apple does I.e. iphone, mac, ipad. Maybe BB 10 will be a OS for computers?!?
    No. There is not going to be a BlackBerry OS for computers.

Thanks and sorry again for all the questions just havnt been on in a while!
    Bballbenb likes this.
    04-18-12 01:31 PM
    I have to catch myself all the time trying to make my computer function like my BlackBerry OS - push and hold for CAPS, T for scroll to top, B for bottom, space for page down.

And don't even get me started on Word Substitution/AutoText . . .

I would LOVE many of the BB OS aspects on my 'puter . . .
    Jimberry Storm likes this.
    04-18-12 01:37 PM
    If the keypad is of utmost importance to you I'd suggest you get a 9900 now instead of hoping for one on bb10
    04-18-12 01:44 PM

Projections are for the fall of this year.
    BB has added quite a few developers recently notice this quote from Alec Saunders. "Although BlackBerry has some challenging times ahead during our BlackBerry 10 transition, our developer efforts are booming. Developers are making money on BlackBerry, and last quarter we recruited 14,000 new developers to the platform, and launched 25,000 new apps."
    Initial rumor is that the first BB10 will be touchscreen, but do not rule out a physical keyboard shortly thereafter.
    BB has some challenging times ahead, but there are many who say it can rebound and that the rumors of its impending death are greatly exaggerated.
    5. Is the PlayBook pretty sweet if you own a blackberry?
    Very sweet indeed.
    Whats everyones favorite features?
    personally I love the gestures and how powerful it is. Bridging is really helpful as is the remote feature to control the device with your phone.
    04-18-12 01:45 PM
    Get the Bold 9900. Its the best Blackberry out right now.

Theres no point in waiting around for a BB10 phone when there is no solid release date, design, or carrier availability.

I remember there was a thread about the Bold 9900 release date a year before it was finally released! It had thousands of posts!
    04-18-12 01:50 PM
    Get the Bold 9900. Its the best Blackberry out right now.

Theres no point in waiting around for a BB10 phone when there is no solid release date, design, or carrier availability.

I remember there was a thread about the Bold 9900 release date a year before it was finally released! It had thousands of posts!
    It all depends on what he needs to be available now. He mentioned Netflix and Angry Birds in his OP. Neither of those is available on the OS 7 devices. The Playbook has Angry Birds, but not Netflix.
    Last edited by lak611; 04-18-12 at 01:56 PM. Reason: typo
    04-18-12 01:55 PM
    Too bad carriers wont let you test drive a phone for 48hrs to see if you like it. I know security, but it would be nice
    04-18-12 02:01 PM
    It all depends on what he needs to be available now. He mentioned Netflix and Angry Birds in his OP. Neither of those is available on the OS 7 devices. The Playbook has Angry Birds, but not Netflix.
    The OP said they missed the keyboard, so I figured if you want to get a Blackberry, get the best one out right now.
    04-18-12 02:03 PM
    The OP said they missed the keyboard, so I figured if you want to get a Blackberry, get the best one out right now.
    That makes sense, provided he would not miss those apps. The OS 7 devices will not be getting much attention from developers. Developers will be forgoing the OS 7 devices in lieu of the BB10/Playbook. It is still too soon to offer any definitive answer regarding the future availability of some of the apps, such as Netflix on BB10.
    04-18-12 02:06 PM
    I would go for the 9900 for sure if you want to switch sooner rather than later. Favorite reason for my BB and Playbook would be the Bridge having connectivity without the need of an extra data plan is huuuge for me because I'm on the road a lot.

Most of your question were answered by newcollector on post #6
    04-18-12 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD